Tips For Practicing Writing Melodies

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You still haven’t given an example where pitch is omitted entirely, and a recognized authority has stated that omitting pitch entirely is the best way to write a melody.

The example you have given in the post quite clearly does not omit pitch, so I’m not sure how that supports your assertion.

Forgotten wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:27 am You still haven’t given an example where pitch is omitted entirely, and a recognized authority has stated that omitting pitch entirely is the best way to write a melody.

The example you have given in the post quite clearly does not omit pitch, so I’m not sure how that supports your assertion.
You are hopeless; a lost cause

AngelCityOutlaw wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:55 am
Forgotten wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:27 am You still haven’t given an example where pitch is omitted entirely, and a recognized authority has stated that omitting pitch entirely is the best way to write a melody.

If you feel that way it is not due to lack of asking questions on my part; what I still lack is what I (and others) have asked for in the way of corroboration of your theory.

Forgotten wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:08 am
AngelCityOutlaw wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:55 am

If you feel that way it is not due to lack of asking questions on my part; what I still lack is what I (and others) have asked for in the way of corroboration of your theory.
The fact that you are too stupid or malevolent to acknowledge the sources I have provided and testimony of other musicians, more accomplished and learned than yourself, that rhythm is one of the simplest, yet most-vital aspects of music, especially regarding melody, and how this obviously supports my advice that beginner students in melody writing should start with a focus on the rhythmic structure and phrasing; advice that you continue to misquote, is not a failing on my part.

I have been on these forums for two years and have 120 posts. You've been here only 6 months apparently and already have several thousand and the other guy's music is ambient stuff devoid of melody. Not much evidence that suggests you spend much of your time with music instead of arguing with musicians.

And I'd prefer to talk with people who know what they're talking about and have respectable command over the craft.
Last edited by AngelCityOutlaw on Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

AngelCityOutlaw wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:48 amThe fact that you are too stupid or malevolent to acknowledge the sources I have provided and testimony of other musicians, more accomplished and learned than yourself, that rhythm is one of the simplest, yet most-vital aspects of music, especially melody, and how this obviously supports my advice that beginner students in melody writing should start with a focus on the rhythmic structure and phrasing; advice that you continue to misquote, is not a failing on my part.
From a rock band perspective:

1. drums.
2. bass guitar.
3. rhythm guitar.

4. lead guitar that does the melodies.

Also, arguing with some people is useless, a waste of time and can get you in trouble.

AngelCityOutlaw wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:48 am The fact that you are too stupid or malevolent to acknowledge the sources I have provided and testimony of other musicians, more accomplished and learned than yourself, that rhythm is one of the simplest, yet most-vital aspects of music, especially regarding melody, and how this obviously supports my advice that beginner students in melody writing should start with a focus on the rhythmic structure and phrasing
Ad hominems are not generally considered good support for arguments.

Moving the goalposts is also not the behavior of someone with a strong argument: neither I nor others have denied the importance of rhythm, I just have an issue with the same comment that has been quoted multiple times where you use a superlative to support your theory and it is not supported by convention.

I see this thread is still going the same way it was last time I checked in. :-/
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

AngelCityOutlaw wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:48 amI have been on these forums for two years and have 120 posts. You've been here only 6 months apparently and already have several thousand and the other guy's music is ambient stuff devoid of melody. Not much evidence that suggests you spend much of your time with music instead of arguing with musicians.
Your sporadic posting doesn't, either. You could just as easily be spending your time knitting...or wanking. Probably both

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:22 pm
AngelCityOutlaw wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:48 amI have been on these forums for two years and have 120 posts. You've been here only 6 months apparently and already have several thousand and the other guy's music is ambient stuff devoid of melody. Not much evidence that suggests you spend much of your time with music instead of arguing with musicians.
Your sporadic posting doesn't, either. You could just as easily be spending your time knitting...or wanking. Probably both
:shrug:
and that's bad because?

lets not dwell on this poster please and lets avoid the dreaded you statements because they always lead down the same path
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:30 pm lets not dwell on this poster please and lets avoid the dreaded you statements because they always lead down the same path
i was asking about knitting and wanking, life cant be all music and weed :shrug:

vurt wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:27 pm
and that's bad because?
Well, both have their downsides. But my point was that just because one prefers not to waste time with the KVR hoi polloi/plebians, doesn't mean that music is being made :wink:

vurt wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:31 pm
Hink wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:30 pm lets not dwell on this poster please and lets avoid the dreaded you statements because they always lead down the same path
i was asking about knitting and wanking, life cant be all music and weed :shrug:
wanking with knitting needles is sounding dangerous
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

In my most recent post, I used "one", to show that I am talking about all of us :hihi: :hihi:

Anyway, sorry for derailing the derail :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:33 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:27 pm
and that's bad because?
Well, both have their downsides. But my point was that just because one prefers not to waste time with the KVR hoi polloi/plebians, doesn't mean that music is being made :wink:
:o

Return to “Music Theory”