Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's a great synth but I never use it because it's in Reaktor. Not that I don't like Reaktor based synths, but I don't see them in my plugins folder so I always forget about them.

I wonder if it's possible to create some kind of shortcut to a Reaktor ensemble, but in VST format so a DAW can see it.

Reefius wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:09 am It's a great synth but I never use it because it's in Reaktor. Not that I don't like Reaktor based synths, but I don't see them in my plugins folder so I always forget about them.

I wonder if it's possible to create some kind of shortcut to a Reaktor ensemble, but in VST format so a DAW can see it.
In FL Studio you can do that

Any DAW that can do track templates you can do that.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:15 am Any DAW that can do track templates you can do that.
He means not templates, template is not a shortcut, lets say you expand a plugin list to choose what to add and you can see the reaktor plugin called lets say Monark

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:19 am
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:15 am Any DAW that can do track templates you can do that.
He means not templates, template is not a shortcut, lets say you expand a plugin list to choose what to add and you can see the reaktor plugin called lets say Monark
This is possible with Komplete Kontrol. Reaktor plugins show up as individual plugins on my S61 screens. Super 8 shows up just like any other synth and can be chosen without having to start Reaktor first.

JJ_Jettflow wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:24 am
This is possible with Komplete Kontrol. Reaktor plugins show up as individual plugins on my S61 screens. Super 8 shows up just like any other synth and can be chosen without having to start Reaktor first.
You also clearly dont understand what is asked :dog: :lol:

I'm talking about a DLL/VST/VST3 file that any DAW can see like it was any other plugin, but when opened it starts Reaktor with the chosen synth or effect.

For example: Super8.dll sitting in my plugins folder and when I open it in my DAW it will run Reaktor and loads Super 8 in it.
Last edited by Reefius on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reefius wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:42 am
I'm talking about creating a DLL/VST/VST3 file that any DAW can see like it was any other plugin, but when opened it starts Reaktor with the chosen synth or effect.
Dont know if you can create a separate DLL, but in fl you can create shorcut like that, no DLL is needed, it opens Monark instantly :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:44 am
I'm talking about creating a DLL/VST/VST3 file that any DAW can see like it was any other plugin, but when opened it starts Reaktor with the chosen synth or effect.
Dont know if you can create a separate DLL, but in fl you can create shorcut like that, no DLL is needed, it opens Monark instantly :)
I know, I just would like it to be DAW independent because I own multiple DAW's.

Reefius wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:48 am
Elektronisch wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:44 am
I know, I just would like it to be DAW independent because I own multiple DAW's.
I dont think its possible at least right now, unless you somehow would have to edit DLL so it would have default setting where it says "if you open Reaktor 6.dll open Monark". I know Automap software creates dlls that maps that vst dll to Novation midi controllers. So maybe there is similar software already made, just we havent discovered yet because not many people asked that.

But i personly think Reaktor 6 defo would be more awesome if it had VST dll export ability.

I don't think that's possible. It's like trying to launch Alicia's Keys directly and bypassing Kontact app.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

It was possible in the past , N.I. released some freebees around 2000 that were just reaktor runtime exe's ( soundforumsynth, reaktor session one included with a magazine )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:38 am
JJ_Jettflow wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:24 am
You also clearly dont understand what is asked :dog: :lol:

I understand completely what is being asked. Someone wants a solution to save about the 20 seconds it takes and open Reaktor and then open the ensemble they want in their DAW.

I know this way it doesn't show up in the list of plugins as requested, but I used the track template idea and it works fine for me here. I saved one template for Monark and another for Super 8. I wonder how many DAWs don't have track templates these days?

Of course then you have to remember to add it as template, or just spend the extra few seconds to load it yourself within Reaktor.

Reefius wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:09 am It's a great synth but I never use it because it's in Reaktor. Not that I don't like Reaktor based synths, but I don't see them in my plugins folder so I always forget about them.

Just buy some post-it notes, write SUPER 8 on one backwards and stick it on your forehead. Next time you go to brush your teeth, boom, it's Super 8 time.

Return to “Instruments”