Any new classic synth emus on the horizon? Moog, Arp, Obie?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

or just put pics on the wall.... they don't have to sound accurate, just look the same :lol:

AnX wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:57 am or just put pics on the wall.... they don't have to sound accurate, just look the same :lol:
You have Arturia for that if you are lookng ITB solution

wooosh

Vectorman wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:02 am
Lucastyle wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:32 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:38 pm Synapse is working on Prophet-600, OB-X, and maybe at some point also a Memorymoog.
Has Synapse given a time estimate?
Would be cool to see some sort of update on these...I think the last time I saw them mentioned was well over a year ago. The A/B comparisons posted back then sounded promising.
You can thank the people who are tying up Synapse's resources with minor feature requests for Dune 3. Every minute spent on Dune 3 is a minute not spent on other projects. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:57 am
Vectorman wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:02 am
Lucastyle wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:32 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:38 pm Synapse is working on Prophet-600, OB-X, and maybe at some point also a Memorymoog.
Has Synapse given a time estimate?
Would be cool to see some sort of update on these...I think the last time I saw them mentioned was well over a year ago. The A/B comparisons posted back then sounded promising.
You can thank the people who are tying up Synapse's resources with minor feature requests for Dune 3. Every minute spent on Dune 3 is a minute not spent on other projects. :?
I wonder how much of their existing Dune and Legend code they can reuse for other emulations.

I imagine there is little code used to make a Moog emulation that could also be used in an Oberheim emulation. I'm sure some of the framework like patch handling etc could be used again but the Filter etc code would have to be different to be accurate emulations of two different instruments.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

But didn't many of those hardware synths share the same filter components, anyway? For instance the CEM 3320 filter used in some Oberheim, Sequential Circuits, Linn, Elka, Crumar, Fairlight and PPG synths.
I know there is a lot more to it, though...

if you look at the diff filter types in D3, you will see SA have already done lots of work that could poss be used in future projects, but as you say, there is a lot more too it (env, osc, mods etc etc)

Yes but are those Filters exact replicas of the hardware to be emulated ? If not they'll hear it from the self appointed "experts".

In my opinion Dune 3 is already capable of awesome analog sounds but I'd still love to see what Synapse could do with an Oberheim emulation since I'm a huge fan of The Legend as well.

Synapse has never made a bad synth so anything that comes next from them will be most welcome. :tu:

Elektronisch wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:55 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:50 am They are there for nostalgia and not for productions. I don‘t care as long they sound good enough to trigger my memories... Then I could even use them for production (as long as they support MPE - so far only my Diva does that...; - )
Have you ever thought yourself about making a nice nostalgia room awith collected the real hardware? :) If its for nostalgia i think its a perfect solution :)
I have no space and no money for such an expensive hobby. But virtually I do have such a room in SheepShaver with some old software and such. Main problem, I can‘t get Midi out or in...

Teksonik wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:55 pm Yes but are those Filters exact replicas of the hardware to be emulated ?
no idea, never said they were, but clearly they have been working on emulating them, so must be fairly close as a filter in isolation (they wouldn't just make something up and plop it in)

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:27 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:55 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:50 am They are there for nostalgia and not for productions. I don‘t care as long they sound good enough to trigger my memories... Then I could even use them for production (as long as they support MPE - so far only my Diva does that...; - )
Have you ever thought yourself about making a nice nostalgia room awith collected the real hardware? :) If its for nostalgia i think its a perfect solution :)
I have no space and no money for such an expensive hobby. But virtually I do have such a room in SheepShaver with some old software and such. Main problem, I can‘t get Midi out or in...
I actually wonder what does a SheepShaver has to do with this hobby? :)

AnX wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:30 pm
Teksonik wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:55 pm Yes but are those Filters exact replicas of the hardware to be emulated ?
no idea, never said they were, but clearly they have been working on emulating them, so must be fairly close as a filter in isolation (they wouldn't just make something up and plop it in)
"Fairly close" could mean a line or two of code or a month or two of coding we have no way of knowing. Richard seems to be a perfectionist so no telling how much time goes into chasing perfection. :shrug:

I would love for Synapse to post recordings of a real OBXa and tell everybody that it's from their latest emulation.

Then sit back and watch the"experts" tear the audio apart for not being a realistic emulation..... :lol:

he's already done some comparisons, months ago

Teksonik wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:29 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:30 pm
"Fairly close" could mean a line or two of code or a month or two of coding we have no way of knowing.

nope, what's your point?

Return to “Instruments”