One Synth Challenge #129: Lith by Soda Devices (TheNeverScene Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lith

RichardSemper wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:34 pm ctrl1-ctrl8 all now on front panel, got them working with no crash.
patch recall now working much better in the saved projects.
I'm relieved to hear that.
RichardSemper wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:10 pm (However, the synth no longer links to which patch was saved, or recalls its name - so you may want to make sure your tracks are all named just in case)
As you said, if change the file name will lose the preset name and replace it with '!initial', for now.
(Name only, parameters are not lost.)
This is planned to be fixed in the future. :)

C:\Users\[myID]\AppData\Local\SodaDevices is not exist. The synthesizer was installed by copy Lith.dll file method and was never turned on. How was that folder supposed to be there? Can I get it separately?

IV! wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:32 pm C:\Users\[myID]\AppData\Local\SodaDevices is not exist. The synthesizer was installed by copy Lith.dll file method and was never turned on. How was that folder supposed to be there? Can I get it separately?
Thank you for the details.
For the time being, it will work with the following data.

https://sodadevices.com/Downloads/SodaD ... thData.zip

It was automatically generated when Lith.dll or Lith.vst3 was loaded,
but it was not created for some reason.
I'd like to find the cause
Could you tell me which version of Windows is used?

Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit. Thanks, I'll try to install Lith with it!

There's a small possibility that not giving admin privileges would cause that issue (although that isn't a protected folder...)
you could try running your DAW with admin privilege to see if that lets it build the data folder.
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

Eeeeh! Unfortunately, neither one doesn't solve my problem... Anyway, thank you all so much for trying to help me!)

Just had a big crash. Using Cakewalk BandLab (latest update), Win10, 32GB ram, 8700k processor.

Lost all work. Now the plugin won't work with any app … Just crashes Reaper when it tries to load.

Re-installed it, and still no go. Nothing now will run Lith on my system without an immediate crash!

Any ideas please?

dB

doctorbob wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:30 am Just had a big crash. Using Cakewalk BandLab (latest update), Win10, 32GB ram, 8700k processor.

Lost all work. Now the plugin won't work with any app … Just crashes Reaper when it tries to load.

Re-installed it, and still no go. Nothing now will run Lith on my system without an immediate crash!

Any ideas please?

dB
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that, Rob! I'm no expert, so I can only offer my sympathies. Did you lose a lot of work?

But in your situation I guess I'd try to delete the Lith AppData folder and the .dll's, restart the computer and reinstall - perhaps even move it to a new folder, Lith2 or something like that, for good measure. But I'm sure you've tried all that already.

I hope it works out - can't allow a crash to break your unprecedented (?) OSC run! (I'm so scared now - the core of my track is almost complete, but I've kept the session open since Nov 2 :-o )
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Here, this might work to fix it for you:

Definitely_Not_a_Virus.exe

IV! wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:48 pm Eeeeh! Unfortunately, neither one doesn't solve my problem... Anyway, thank you all so much for trying to help me!)
I'm sorry for taking your time.
I would be happy to try it again if you can afford it.
doctorbob wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:30 am Just had a big crash. Using Cakewalk BandLab (latest update), Win10, 32GB ram, 8700k processor.

It may have failed in reading the data that exists in AppData.

For now, I'm sure there isn't enough error handling in this area,
I think that if identify the cause, It will surely be recoverable.

If you try what schiing says and the situation doesn't change, I'd like to check the data,
I'd appreciate it if you could tell me again.

SodaDevices wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:15 am... sorry for taking your time ...
Don't be! It's awesome that you're involved and trying to help! So thank you! :)

z.prime wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:33 am
SodaDevices wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:15 am... sorry for taking your time ...
Don't be! It's awesome that you're involved and trying to help! So thank you! :)
+1 to that!

Hmm, here's a problem of my own invention... yesterday Carl Saved made me aware of the aliasing on the little e-piano demo I posted earlier on. I hadn't even noticed on that bit (now, there's a bad omen for my future ears!) For CPU purposes I have reduced all my chord-based instruments to 1/4 quality and render... but my problem now is that I've built a lot of my strings and brass around that very same aliasing. Now, that I can hear! But when I crank up the quality they appear to lose all their fatness and inner life in the mix. So now I can't decide what to do - if it sounds good, it sounds good... no? Looks healthy on Span as well.
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Thanks for the tips. Was late at night … so wasn't going to do much more checking until now.

Managed to get most of it back after deleting lith's from the VSt folders and renaming the appdata folder and starting from scratch with the presets.

Once up and running again I moved the presets back … eventually found one which caused the crash!
It was in fact a zero length lithpreset file! It was a preset I was last working fine tuning when it all crashed when I tried to save the new version of the preset - hence the zero length file.

This causes a failure to load the VST in Reaper and BandLab!

Hope this helps track a buggette! File attached if it's useful for testing/provoking a crash.

dB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

z.prime wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:33 am Don't be! It's awesome that you're involved and trying to help! So thank you! :)
Thank you z.prime :)
doctorbob wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:12 pm It was in fact a zero length lithpreset file! It was a preset I was last working fine tuning when it all crashed when I tried to save the new version of the preset - hence the zero length file.
Thank you for the detailed situation.
Did your DAW crash when trying to save a preset?
If so, the state of the DAW can only be restored with the last saved state.
I'm really sorry about this.
I implement error processing immediately.
I think you can delete the 0 size preset and restore it to the last saved state in DAW.

I should have released it more secure,
I will take safety measures.

schiing wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:57 am For CPU purposes I have reduced all my chord-based instruments to 1/4 quality and render... but my problem now is that I've built a lot of my strings and brass around that very same aliasing. Now, that I can hear! But when I crank up the quality they appear to lose all their fatness and inner life in the mix. So now I can't decide what to do - if it sounds good, it sounds good... no? Looks healthy on Span as well.
As you say, 1/2 or 1/4 is down-sampled, so alias noise enter.
It is also true that some people find the noise attractive.
If you feel you can listen to it, you can also select a lower setting intentionally.

I hope I interpretation what you say.

Return to “Instruments”