PX P10 by UVI released

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Each UVI soundbank is a instabuy for me

Nice, interesting choice for them to add to their line, I will be getting it.

If anyone has got it, do you recommend it?

Sounds really awesome. Haven't had any sampled instrument for quite a while, except for instruments bundled with Kontakt, and this seems worth it for $49. It would be my first UVI purchase ever.

Any way to get it for a little less than $49?

I like it very much, but maybe I am biased as I have much UVI stuff....

Hmmm, I might just buy it as my first (and probably last) UVI product. Since iLok is involved, I don't want to get too involved with UVI.

The fact that they use iLok and no challenge/response was the reason I started to buy their stuff in the first place.

Do they sample the entire processed output of the synth or just the oscillator waveforms? I.e. do they have the knowledge to accurately model a hardware filter for instance?
I don't like that sample approach. Doesn't such a plugin clog the computer's memory?

e-crooner wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:00 pm Do they sample the entire processed output of the synth or just the oscillator waveforms? I.e. do they have the knowledge to accurately model a hardware filter for instance?
I don't like that sample approach. Doesn't such a plugin clog the computer's memory?
If you don’t like the sample approach then this ‘sample’ library probably isn’t for you...

Looks like a good value. Though Cubase owners have Retrologue, and there are a few other similar vsti's out there.

UVI puts out some pretty reliable stuff. However, since I got Falcon (now at V. 2) I'm running all my old .ufs files through it (Plugsound Pro, Machfive 3 and a few others) and it really gives them new life.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Do you also face crackles when turning the cutoff knob? It is 100 % reproducable.
I had this problem also with UVX-3P. About 2,5 years ago I reported it (when I bought all the UVI synthies). Then with the next update of UVX-3P the crackles were gone.
Now with P10 it seems to be a similar problem.
Cubase Pro 12 - WIN10 - Soniccore XITE-1

muswellhillbilly wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:23 am Do you also face crackles when turning the cutoff knob? It is 100 % reproducable.
I had this problem also with UVX-3P. About 2,5 years ago I reported it (when I bought all the UVI synthies). Then with the next update of UVX-3P the crackles were gone.
IIRC, yes. I have also faced crackles with UVI sound libraries, and PX P10 is one of the very few I have. Tried a few things, but did not help.

Perhaps you could help us by reporting to UVI again? :)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:42 am
muswellhillbilly wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:23 am Do you also face crackles when turning the cutoff knob? It is 100 % reproducable.
IIRC, yes. I have also faced crackles with UVI sound libraries, and PX P10 is one of the very few I have. Tried a few things, but did not help.

Yes I did already. Keen on what they report back!
I love all the UVI synths - really great stuff! :)

muswellhillbilly wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:45 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:42 am

Yes I did already. Keen on what they report back!
I love all the UVI synths - really great stuff! :)
Thanks, please do let us know their reply. :)

Yes, they are indeed awesome. The audio demos, especially by Louis Couka, are exceptional. I thought I will get only PX P10, but ended up getting a few more last year. I am done for now.

I'm in conversation with UVI support. I have to convince them that there are crackling issues.
I hope they can fix it as with UVX-3P.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”