PLASMONIC - A new synth from Brian Clevinger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Absynth Plasmonic

Sounds very exciting - I'm a big fan of anything modal & anything Absynth so I have high hopes :D

Got this email from them; first is the video he mentions that is using sounds from the new synth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjS10Suql6k
==============================================

"First, a warm thanks to all for your interest in Rhizomatic! It’s wonderful hearing from old friends, many of you going back to the earliest days of Absynth. A number of highly talented sound designers have gotten in touch, and I’m looking forward to hearing what they will do with our new future softsynth.

Later this month I will be presenting the details of Rhizomatic’s first virtual synth since 2000. In the meantime, I can say a couple of things about my general design goals:

All of Rhizomatic’s instruments will focus on a particular synthesis method or type of sound, thus a somewhat different approach from my past work. They will be clear and intuitive to program, but with a lot of depth for creating detailed and organic sounds. Modulation capability will be pushed to the limit.

The synth world today is indeed both crowded and mature, but I am always thinking about what under-explored possibilities still remain…

The best part of developing a new instrument is hearing the music people create with it, and I’m very much looking forward to that moment!

And before I forget, Halloween may be past, but this little video is currently the only place where you can hear sounds from the new softsynth (headphones or decent speakers required). "

Happy patching,
Brian Clevinger

Cool sounds! Thanks for sharing. I've long been a big fan of Absynth. I can't wait to see what you've been up to.

I’ve been a absynth user since mkII so I’m excited. Good news indeed. :hail:

Not sure if Brian is aware or our pr-Black Friday, Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Cyber week, Christmas, day after Christmas, end of year and new years sales. If the US is a major market he may want to announce well before the 20th of this month.

I am really looking forward to the synth announcement!

In that case he better wait till next year. Hopefully at the end of tax season when everyone gets their rebate. No one is going to spend that amount of money on a synth this holiday season with all the black friday shenanigans.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

If new synths are any good as Absynth, they will most probably sell very well!

Another pre-NI Clevinger fan here. He seemed so excited when he joined NI...

Daimonicon wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:49 pm I’ve been a absynth user since mkII so I’m excited. Good news indeed. :hail:
Hey, me too! I still use v. 2, even. :-o
A well-behaved signature.

I don't know if Absynth had another GUI pre-NI, but in case it was about the same I hope for a more inviting one in the upcoming synth(s).
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

His newsletter says there is only one synth so far. And it certainly won't be an Absynth upgrade:
All of Rhizomatic’s instruments will focus on a particular synthesis method or type of sound, thus a somewhat different approach from my past work. They will be clear and intuitive to program, but with a lot of depth for creating detailed and organic sounds. Modulation capability will be pushed to the limit.

The synth world today is indeed both crowded and mature, but I am always thinking about what under-explored possibilities still remain…

Great to hear news regarding Brian. Exciting times ahead. 8)
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

I hope it will be easier to create presets than absynth. :ud:

I have been communicating with a well known sound designer.
He is aware of the new synth, but would not disclose anything.
In regards to the synth, said that "it's all good news. " :tu: :tu:

Looking forward to it...
Mike

mrsugmad wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:12 pm I have been communicating with a well known sound designer.
He is aware of the new synth, but would not disclose anything.
In regards to the synth, said that "it's all good news. " :tu: :tu:

Looking forward to it...
Mike
Hope, that it's NOT Richard Devine.
His stuff is too strange, glitchy and noisy at least for me...

Return to “Instruments”