bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

electro wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:37 am How well does this emulate the SEM?
Dunno, but, it sounds pretty nice, and very Oberheim-ish. It had quite a huge CPU footprint in version 1 though, not sure how it is now.

That is great news! Thanks for the headsup waltercruz. I got an Oberhausen collab just waiting to be released but we wouldn't send it out with the reverb damping issue affecting all presets.
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Did they fix that erroneously high price? :D

*checks website*

Mmmh... nope. :P

Luftrum wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:05 pm That is great news! Thanks for the headsup waltercruz. I got an Oberhausen collab just waiting to be released but we wouldn't send it out with the reverb damping issue affecting all presets.
I’ve got my wallet ready!

Interested in this synth but it's WAY too expensive for what it is.

And yeah, I realize there's all this chatter about 'vouchers' but I don't even know what those are, never been a 'Plugin Alliance' supporter, so I imagine that's why. I don't feel like subscribing to a bunch of newsletters / SPAM so that in some months time I can get a 'big discount' or whatever it is. There's just absolutely no reason the base price of this should be 249, it's laughable.

Luftrum wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:05 pm That is great news! Thanks for the headsup waltercruz. I got an Oberhausen collab just waiting to be released but we wouldn't send it out with the reverb damping issue affecting all presets.
Can't wait!
Who's the collab with?
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

mholloway wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:30 pm Interested in this synth but it's WAY too expensive for what it is.

And yeah, I realize there's all this chatter about 'vouchers' but I don't even know what those are, never been a 'Plugin Alliance' supporter, so I imagine that's why. I don't feel like subscribing to a bunch of newsletters / SPAM so that in some months time I can get a 'big discount' or whatever it is. There's just absolutely no reason the base price of this should be 249, it's laughable.
You can buy my license for $52. Pretty decent price. :)

masterhiggins wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:13 am
mholloway wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:30 pm Interested in this synth but it's WAY too expensive for what it is.

That's a steal! So glad they fixed this synth. It really is amazingly "real" sounding - one of the best now. I do get some great results by bypassing the effects - they often obscure the lovely raw analog sound. Or I just bypass the Air Band effect - it can just make a preset harsher/colder sounding.

masterhiggins wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:13 am

Oh? Well then -- PM'd!

evilantal wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:03 pm Can't wait!
Who's the collab with?
Thanks Antal :) the collab is with an old friend Stephan Baer and below is the audio demo for the set, it's not a huge release, rather just 80 well-crafted and selected patches and our take on the 70s classic. The demo uses only patches from the set and the internal effects of course. Set will be out Tuesday and you see and hear it first on KVR. :wink:

https://soundcloud.com/luftrum-1/luftru ... dio-demo-1
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Sounding really nice. :tu:

abernathy wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:31 am I do get some great results by bypassing the effects - they often obscure the lovely raw analog sound. Or I just bypass the Air Band effect - it can just make a preset harsher/colder sounding.
FX are the worst thing to see on a good analog emulation. Makes it more likely sound designers will make the wrong types of patches (smothered in FX).
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

If you are in for some current Techno music and the wonderful bx_oberhausen ARP.

From minute 1:04 the ARP is just bx_oberhausen. (and again starting at 3:25)
Loving it for that. :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTiphNUcuwg

Very nice presets Luftrum!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Return to “Instruments”