Wavesfactory releases Cassette

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah_Dziz wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:53 pm
JerGoertz wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:57 pm
ilmai wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:50 pm
pheeleep wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:14 pm I demo’d it last night. I like it a lot. The only thing preventing me from buying is the issue with the Dry/mix, as mentioned. Not setting to 100% wet introduces an undesirable Effect. Has this been acknowledged as a bug and that it will be fixed?
It's easy to fix yourself: just set wow depth, flutter depth & stability randomness to 0/off in advanced settings.
Yep. If wow/flutter is at all active, the intrinsic nature of this behavior will unavoidably cause that swirly flanging effect.
This is correct. Any pitch/ time modulation mixed with a non modulated signal is going to cause a chorus or flange effect. One copy for the modulation with everything else shut down and another for just the wow, flutter, and tape sticking will eliminate this. It could be cool to have a switch that adds the wow, flutter, sticking, and such to the very end of the chain and keeps it 100%, or an option to lock the time modulation to 100% while the wet/ dry effects everything else is effected by the mix.
Great feature request :)
Play it by ear

pheeleep wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:04 pm
Ah_Dziz wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:53 pm
pheeleep wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:14 pm I demo’d it last night. I like it a lot. The only thing preventing me from buying is the issue with the Dry/mix, as mentioned. Not setting to 100% wet introduces an undesirable Effect. Has this been acknowledged as a bug and that it will be fixed?
This is correct. Any pitch/ time modulation mixed with a non modulated signal is going to cause a chorus or flange effect. One copy for the modulation with everything else shut down and another for just the wow, flutter, and tape sticking will eliminate this. It could be cool to have a switch that adds the wow, flutter, sticking, and such to the very end of the chain and keeps it 100%, or an option to lock the time modulation to 100% while the wet/ dry effects everything else is effected by the mix.
Great feature request :)
On the other hand, I use this effect on this mix. I wasn't trying to master through the plugin, but put it on the master buss for this track just to demo it. But I was happy with the result of it being on the whole mix as a different variation:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/au ... irling-mix

So, this versus klevgrand?

from the demo video, i find it pretty authentic. (I have a higher end consumer Technics deck)

I really wasn't impressed by the Klevgrand one -- so little control over the noise for instance.

any chance of different models?
i love my nads. :)

Ah_Dziz wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:48 pm I would love to see someone go this deep on a VHS Audio processor.
Psychic Modulation has created very VHS oriented plugins like "EchoMelt" and "VectoMelt". Really close to the sound of BoC. No Ilok and very affordable.

Endor-8o8 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:42 am
Ah_Dziz wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:48 pm I would love to see someone go this deep on a VHS Audio processor.
Psychic Modulation has created very VHS oriented plugins like "EchoMelt" and "VectoMelt". Really close to the sound of BoC. No Ilok and very affordable.
I use VHS Degradation Suite Reaktor ensemble for all my degraded fun :tu:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... how/11003/

vurt wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:16 pm any chance of different models?
i love my nads. :)
Yes!
Wavesfactory, please go-nads!

lol
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

You guys!! I love you too! :hug:

:lol:

Endor-8o8 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:42 am
I did beta testing for them. Love that stuff.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Nice plugin, if only I didn’t already have practically every tape sym plugin....

pekbro wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:49 pm Nice plugin, if only I didn’t already have practically every tape sym plugin....
look upon it as the opportunity to have them all?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

pekbro wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:49 pm Nice plugin, if only I didn’t already have practically every tape sym plugin....
This is better than those other ones :)

Return to “Effects”