One Synth Challenge #129: Lith by Soda Devices (TheNeverScene Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lith

capracan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:43 pm Please upload the presets you use, here are very nice sounds...can´t belive its from lith...very cool.
Thanks! Ah, yes - I thought about that! I'll prepare a zip and add it to my post :)
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Okay: I edited my post and added a lot of the presets I used for my track, along with a few notes, if anyone's interested. (download/file.php?id=25722)

Needless to say to you guys, but, as is so often the case with this type of preset: They're tweaked for a particular purpose, and so they're not as fat, rich or just plain usable as a normal standalone preset would be. Anyway, I hope they can be of some value to those who grab them. :hihi:
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

schiing wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:38 pmthey're not as fat, rich or just plain usable as a normal standalone preset would be
WHAA!? How dare you make presets that actually fit in the mix!

deleted
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

z.prime wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:39 am
schiing wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:38 pmthey're not as fat, rich or just plain usable as a normal standalone preset would be
WHAA!? How dare you make presets that actually fit in the mix!
I, rebel! Also, self-doubt is the bad glue that leaves us to our own devices, forcing us to keep ourselves together (or so say I) :D

https://soundcloud.com/zerothefox/lith- ... ip/s-ERfHe WIP of what I'm currently working on. no promises on whether I'll enter or not, but yeah
It's very tasty, I swear!

I'm surprised at the tracks and presets of great quality.
I'm going to enjoy the presets.

So, this is an announcement for update version 2.0.5.

About mouse operations:
Option selection is now possible with a single-click,
and double-click to reset.

Improved CPU performance:
It has improved by at least 10% and more than 30% depending on the preset.
There was room for pre-calculation.

And added crash protection, Vel0's NoteOn convert, and a fine fix.

There's still room for performance improvement, but I'll bring it to you in this state.

Thank you.

Ive made some 30 or so presets for the synth. I wanted to participate but im short on time so I decided to post what i have so far. For a free synth its pretty good. I like the unusual modulation options between the oscillators for FM and RM and the waveshaping. the modulation window is also pretty cool. Ive had issues left and right trying to modulate and to have the envelope do what I want it to do, but for the most part its pretty straightforward. Also the sound is very resonant, even with the 4x sampling and various filter types this synth just seems to sound super harsh and is difficult to tame. Reverb and delay are almost a must on every channel to smooth out the sound. Looking forward to see what people come up with. Presets are attache below
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SodaDevices wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:11 am I'm surprised at the tracks and presets of great quality.
I'm going to enjoy the presets.

So, this is an announcement for update version 2.0.5.

About mouse operations:
Option selection is now possible with a single-click,
and double-click to reset.

Improved CPU performance:
It has improved by at least 10% and more than 30% depending on the preset.
There was room for pre-calculation.

And added crash protection, Vel0's NoteOn convert, and a fine fix.

There's still room for performance improvement, but I'll bring it to you in this state.

Thank you.
Thank you so much for your prompt update! Much appreciated :) Loving your synth, it's got amazing sound design capabilities!

Thanks for the update. Glad you are enjoying the tracks and WIP's so far. Here's my submission for this challenge. The small jazz trio plays four rounds of a riff and four soloists step up to improvise around the piano chords and bass!

Please tap your feet and enjoy the jazz musings ...

DAW: Reaper

Track Details:
24 * Lith
24 * ReaEQ
2 * OTT
4 * Oril River
1 * epicVerb
3 * Classic Master Limiter
4 * TDR Kotelnikov
1 * Bass Professor Mark II
6 * JS Midi Note filter

Master:
TDR Nova
TDR VOS SlickEQ
Ferric TDS
Voxengo MSED
LoudMax

Metering:
SPAN
Youlean Loudness Meter 2 (free)

Stats:
LUFS: - 13.6
DR: 9

https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/doctor ... c-129-lith

loris16148 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:52 am Also the sound is very resonant, even with the 4x sampling and various filter types this synth just seems to sound super harsh and is difficult to tame. Reverb and delay are almost a must on every channel to smooth out the sound.
Thanks for sharing, Loris!

I actually used a lower sampling rate to reduce the harshness of some of my sounds. I tried to create some Juno approximations, and (in my own humble opinion) they sound fairly warm and full at 1/4. There are lots of artifacts as well, but the presets sound great in the mix. However, if you change them to 1/1, they become very sterile and thin.
Last edited by schiing on Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I doubled up on most of my percussion tracks to get a fuller sound. I did the "claps" by making 2 tracks and then offsetting them very slightly … only the piano soloist is 2 layers, the bass, piano and 3 other soloists are a single instance of Lith! Capable synth, but you need to bend it to your taste/mix!

Hope this info is of some use to someone :-)

dB

exponent1 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:17 am Thank you so much for your prompt update! Much appreciated :) Loving your synth, it's got amazing sound design capabilities!
I'm glad to hear that :)

doctorbob wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:11 pm Thanks for the update. Glad you are enjoying the tracks and WIP's so far. Here's my submission for this challenge. The small jazz trio plays four rounds of a riff and four soloists step up to improvise around the piano chords and bass!
I really enjoy it :)
Also interesting is the layer sound. Useful for future function expansion.

Thank you schiing and loris16148 for uploading the presets.

A bug was found in v2.0.5.
Sometimes there is a problem with the envelope and it makes a strange release.

Someone taught me, Thank you.

It has been corrected.
So the latest version is v2.0.6.

Thanks for the update … I have uploaded a new render of my track as the change to the release seems to have improved the legato behaviour? :party: :tu:

(Re-)Enjoy :D

dB

doctorbob wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:43 pm Thanks for the update … I have uploaded a new render of my track as the change to the release seems to have improved the legato behaviour? :party: :tu:
Oh thanks for the tip, I will check my track with the new version!

Return to “Instruments”