VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

nothing new...what a fail :hihi:

ah KVR is wonderful. Dont know anything yet, but complaining already. :roll:

Just what i was saying on page 1 and 2. :lol:

Hey Manuel, why not switch Nexus 3 to Codemeter, too? Seems to be not require a dongle and also not a permanent internet connection in the DAW either.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:04 am Hey Manuel, why not switch Nexus 3 to Codemeter, too? Seems to be not require a dongle and also not a permanent internet connection in the DAW either.
It would be a lovely thought, here's hoping. But I'd be very surprised - there's no chance of adding it right now as there wouldn't be time before launch, so they'd have to made the decision the same time as Avenger.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Nexus 3 (EDM Home DJ Wave 2.0 incoming..) :hihi:
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:34 am Nexus 3 (EDM Home DJ Wave 2.0 incoming..) :hihi:
Says the man with 9 followers on soundcloud...

Sorry dude, don't take it personal, but I couldn't resist. :hihi:

I had 12 the other day but I think a few got deleted by soundcloud. :hihi:
:borg:

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:12 am It would be a lovely thought, here's hoping. But I'd be very surprised - there's no chance of adding it right now as there wouldn't be time before launch, so they'd have to made the decision the same time as Avenger.
Sure, I only thought about it, because Nexus currently is unattractive for me just because of that dongle protection (ok, I have Avenger, too :) and am personally not so much interested in ready-to-go presets). And I guess this is true for quite a lot other people, too. I think you could assume that the times of dongle protections are over. Maybe companies like Avid, Steinberg or UAD did not realize it yet though.

I hope that in Nexus 3, it will be possible in a patch to freely choose the samples contained in the libraries (Since several years, I don’t buy more XP because of this).

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:06 am ... am personally not so much interested in ready-to-go presets). And I guess this is true for quite a lot other people, too.
How do you get the idea that the rest of the music producers think like you? This is not true at least for me and nearly every other professional (that means earning a living) EDM or film music producer I know.
Hanz Meyzer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:06 am I think you could assume that the times of dongle protections are over. Maybe companies like Avid, Steinberg or UAD did not realize it yet though.
I'm not sure about that. If you count Apple (hardware dongle for Logic) among them, than these are the companies with the more bigger turnovers in the industry (no garage companies). There could be a connection. For a company this is about as if you would say the days of bank safes are over, I don't think so. Or would you just leave your hard-earned money on your porch? Anyway, I don't want to start a copyright debate. I just want to say that the world is on the one hand more versatile and yet more simple than you might think.

^There are people who like to do everything on their own, and the others who want everything handled to them. It's just personal choice of who you are.

If you do things by yourself, other people may pay you for the job. If you want other people to do the stuff for you, you need to pay them. Simple as that :P
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

steve.lindqvist wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:04 am How do you get the idea that the rest of the music producers think like you? This is not true at least for me and nearly every other professional (that means earning a living) EDM or film music producer I know.
Didn't wrote that, I only assumed that there are a lot of people thinking like me, at least if I look into this forum. But of course there could be even more who simply did fall in love with their dongles.
steve.lindqvist wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:04 am I'm not sure about that. If you count Apple (hardware dongle for Logic) among them, than these are the companies with the more bigger turnovers in the industry (no garage companies). There could be a connection. For a company this is about as if you would say the days of bank safes are over, I don't think so. Or would you just leave your hard-earned money on your porch? Anyway, I don't want to start a copyright debate. I just want to say that the world is on the one hand more versatile and yet more simple than you might think.
As for UAD, I have the impression, people more and more start to think it has no advantage at all over native plugins (ok, the conceptual quality of those still is very high), since there is no physical reason not to calculate it on cpu or gpu. That's why the UAD system can be considered as a super expensive dongle (I still miss realverb pro for some reason).

Usually more modern or let's say younger companies do not use dongles anymore. Also quite a bunch companies switched from dongle to software protection. That was my point.

But I don't want to change your opinion here.

msvs wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:47 am ah KVR is wonderful. Dont know anything yet, but complaining already. :roll:
My complaint... that's towards N2. I'm eager to see, hear what has been improved. I'm not keeping my fingers crossed on the sample accuracy issue, due to my last words with Michael but still very excited.

We've waited for this for a long time... not quite as excited if you hadn't gone and made Avenger. It kind of is everything we wanted Nexus to be.
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 10, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED), Yamaha CS2x (Custom Mapped).

different pair of shoes... yes Avenger is the ultimate sound design and modulation tool. But Nexus is the ultimate workhorse and production tool. The quick loading times, easy workflow, ready2use presets, and little CPU consumption of Nexus is something, Avenger cant ever compete with, because its purpose is something different. Layer 40 Nexus in your track? No problem. 40 Avenger will be hard unless you have a NASA computer. And N3 builds its strengths even further.

Return to “Instruments”