ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

im really looking forward to see what N3 brings new to the table as Avenger is inofficially my Nexus2 sequel VST already.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

More information from refx is needed in this thread!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

+1

The fairly hefty upgrade price for existing users means the expectation is high....come on guys, some more info please!

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:48 am Usually more modern or let's say younger companies do not use dongles anymore. Also quite a bunch companies switched from dongle to software protection. That was my point.
Vengeance Sound & Keilwerth could be called a modern and younger company in regards to Avenger. Just ask Manuel if he is happy that he has allowed himself to be beaten up by the KVR mob to do Avenger without an USB-eLicenser...
Hanz Meyzer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:48 am But I don't want to change your opinion here.
You wouldn't, I'm an avid UAD and Nexus user by heart.

msvs wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:47 am ah KVR is wonderful. Dont know anything yet, but complaining already. :roll:
"Don't know anything yet" is a little understatement. :wink:

And yes some more info plz.. :hihi:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

steve.lindqvist wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:14 pm Vengeance Sound & Keilwerth could be called a modern and younger company in regards to Avenger. Just ask Manuel if he is happy that he has allowed himself to be beaten up by the KVR mob to do Avenger without an USB-eLicenser...
Yes, and their recent products do not use dongle protection either. Wasn't codemeter considered as secure?
steve.lindqvist wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:14 pm You wouldn't, I'm an avid UAD and Nexus user by heart.
I didn't say anything against those products, only against the dongle.

Dongle most likely not going to change, accept it. Let's hear about the new features please
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Oh, we're at the dongle finally. Only took 5 pages. :P

Wow. A 6 page thread over 2 days on something that hasn't been released yet and still the self righteous people are slating it, saying it must have this, that and the other. Oh and don't forget about the dongle. Get a fecking life people :roll:
1st world problems, right there :dog:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

mladi wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:18 am
chk071 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:48 am It doesn't matter whether or not you sunk hundreds of € in the product. You can well decide for yourself whether or not you want to sink another hundred into it.

Or... you can complain on internet forums about it. Thing is, all that i see is another poor crying soul then. While the pros will be like :phones: :band2:.

Anyway.
The funniest guy is the one who complain on forum that others have something to complain. :dog:

PS. Also if it doesn't matter for you that's fine but it does matter for me. Respect other peoples opinion or you are wrong on a public board.
And he also has to have the last word. Absolutely EVERY time.

No no, that really isn't true!

;)

BTW, the person i adressed isn't half the troll as you are. At least he actually had to add something to the topic.

msvs wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:20 am different pair of shoes... yes Avenger is the ultimate sound design and modulation tool. But Nexus is the ultimate workhorse and production tool.
This totally ^^. I have found when you have a time-is-money situation and you know what kind of sound you need, Nexus can give it to you 9/10 times. I’m not saying Avenger can’t, but Nexus helps me out in that way. When I want/need to design from scratch, Avenger works for me. Different tools for different purposes. YMMV

Well, 100€ for : a new resizeable GUI, generic fixes and performance improvements, and some new presets ?

Hum... I guess I'll stay with V2 a little longer.

trusampler wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:01 pm Dongle most likely not going to change, accept it. Let's hear about the new features please
I accept it, it was just a suggestion to think about it. Accept it.

ramseysounds wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:09 pm Wow. A 6 page thread over 2 days on something that hasn't been released yet and still the self righteous people are slating it, saying it must have this, that and the other. Oh and don't forget about the dongle. Get a fecking life people :roll:
1st world problems, right there :dog:
Sure we do! Now is the time for speculation. When the the new version is here, we'll be sitting in the studio producing hits to the bitter end!

Return to “Instruments”