ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

I remember Omnisphere was more sample-based, and only had a few oscillators. Then they upgraded and added many more oscillators. Which was awesome because I actually preferred the sound of the oscillators over the samples - they just sounded brighter to me.

Either way, all this talk is like nit-picking the tread design on the wheels of a Lamborghini.

Nexus 3, like it or not, many people will surely enjoy, and others will surely nit-pick. All this hype made me fire up Nexus with a massive eye to scrutinize it, but I still can't find anything to complain about. It really is quite amazing sounding and just works so well. :dog:

Here is a little Nexus music to calm the mind and sweeten the waiting time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNttnC2mtVw

zvenx wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:19 pm
You may not like omnisphere and I have no issue with that, but it is not a rompler..that isn't a matter of preference but a point of fact.
rsp
True, it's a hybrid synth disguised as a rompler :D
commodore wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:23 pm I remember Omnisphere was more sample-based, and only had a few oscillators. Then they upgraded and added many more oscillators. Which was awesome because I actually preferred the sound of the oscillators over the samples - they just sounded brighter to me.
Ah, so it used to be a rompler and its not one anymore.
Probably that's why it threw me off

Are there going to be digital downloads this time, or is it going to still be archaic CD in a box and neutered with iLok?

X86 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:37 pm Are there going to be digital downloads this time, or is it going to still be archaic CD in a box and neutered with iLok?
Digital download is available since years and Nexus has never been on iLok as far as I know.
Is it really that hard to read a single page product description or are you just a troll?

VitaminD wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:31 pm I hope the new price is below 250 USD. I hate to complain so much about pricing, but this thing is an expandable rompler -- inital cost should be priced lower as one will be buying pricey expansions after getting onboard.

But the issue is first getting on board. No way I'm spending 250 dollars.. or even 200 dollars then turning around and spending another 90 to 180 dollars on a few expansions. Which likely won't end at just buying a few expansions over time... It ends up getting rather expensive long term, so the upfront cost should be lower in my opinion.
Totally agree with this. They should also lose iLok to appeal to a much broader base, iLok isn't going to prevent piracy anyway, so no need to punish the paying customers.
Last edited by X86 on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

X86 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:45 pm
VitaminD wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:31 pm I hope the new price is below 250 USD. I hate to complain so much about pricing, but this thing is an expandable rompler -- inital cost should be priced lower as one will be buying pricey expansions after getting onboard.

But the issue is first getting on board. No way I'm spending 250 dollars.. or even 200 dollars then turning around and spending another 90 to 180 dollars on a few expansions. Which likely won't end at just buying a few expansions over time... It ends up getting rather expensive long term, so the upfront cost should be lower in my opinion.
Totally agree with this. They should also make it downloadable from their website and also lose Ilok to appeal to a much broader base, iLok isn't going to prevent piracy anyway, so no need to punish the paying customers.
Dude, do your homework and stop talking shit. I'm a Nexus user and I never felt punished as a paying customer.
You know what really punished me? That I payed for my Sylenth1 and FL Studio license but Avicii didn't...

steve.lindqvist wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:47 pm
X86 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:45 pm

Totally agree with this. They should also make it downloadable from their website and also lose Ilok to appeal to a much broader base, iLok isn't going to prevent piracy anyway, so no need to punish the paying customers.
Dude, do your homework and stop talking shit. I'm a Nexus user and I never felt punished as a paying customer.
You know what really punished me? That I payed for my Sylenth1 and FL Studio license but Avicii didn't...
Lose the attitude. Makes you come off as a disgruntled child. Seriously can people not have conversations like adults anymore??
Last edited by X86 on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steve.lindqvist wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:47 pm
On the flipside you're not dead

And in any case, Calvin Harris got a new Mac Pro before it was even released - how bout that

chk071 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:32 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:11 pm Probably because Omnisphere isn't a "preset-surfer rompler".
Nexus isn't that either. Rather a paintbox with production ready sounds for people who... actually make music.

Yes, that means it isn't for me. :P Doesn't mean that there isn't a gazillion of, yes, pros, who use it for their stuff.
I didn't say anything about Nexus. I don't have anything against the plugin it's the developer I can't stand. :hihi:

It's this nonsense that a "Rompler" is somehow a lower life form than some two Osc Analog with four waveforms that I'm pushing back against.

Sample based synths certainly deserve to be respected as synths just as much as any other form of synthesis.

Back in the late 80's early 90's they dominated the synth market around here in large part because of the whole new world of sounds they were capable of creating. When I worked in a music store they far outsold any other form of synthesis other than perhaps FM due to the popularity of the DX series and we never called them Romplers.....we called them synths. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ploki wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:50 pmAnd in any case, Calvin Harris got a new Mac Pro before it was even released - how bout that
I even felt sorry for him, because I think that his beloved Logic Pro 9 doesn't even run on the new Mac Pro anymore...

Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:52 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:32 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:11 pm Probably because Omnisphere isn't a "preset-surfer rompler".
Nexus isn't that either. Rather a paintbox with production ready sounds for people who... actually make music.

Yes, that means it isn't for me. :P Doesn't mean that there isn't a gazillion of, yes, pros, who use it for their stuff.
I didn't say anything about Nexus. I don't have anything against the plugin it's the developer I can't stand. :hihi:

It's this nonsense that a "Rompler" is somehow a lower life form than some two Osc Analog with four waveforms that I'm pushing back against.

Sample based synths certainly deserve to be respected as synths just as much as any other form of synthesis.

Back in the late 80's early 90's they dominated the synth market around here in large part because of the whole new world of sounds they were capable of creating. When I worked in a music store they far outsold any other form of synthesis other than perhaps FM due to the popularity of the DX series and we never called them Romplers.....we called them synths. :shrug:
Yep, totally agree on that. :tu:

X86 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:50 pmLose the attitude. Makes you come off as a disgruntled child. Seriously can people not have conversations like adults anymore??
Likewise and sure, when you stop talking about iLok.

Ploki wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:34 pm
zvenx wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:19 pm
You may not like omnisphere and I have no issue with that, but it is not a rompler..that isn't a matter of preference but a point of fact.
rsp
True, it's a hybrid synth disguised as a rompler

lol
I could live with that.
rsp
sound sculptist

steve.lindqvist wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:55 pm
X86 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:50 pmLose the attitude. Makes you come off as a disgruntled child. Seriously can people not have conversations like adults anymore??
Likewise and sure, when you stop talking about iLok.
This response from you makes zero sense in the context of our communication.
Last edited by X86 on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”