ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

Duplicate post

Ploki wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:34 pm Ah, so it used to be a rompler and its not one anymore.
Probably that's why it threw me off
Yes, Ominsphere did seem to be more of a rompler at first, especially if you go back to the Atmosphere days, which was pre-omnisphere. Atmosphere went away, and omnisphere came in its place and added many new features which seemed to include oscillators, etc. Now a days, its really both rompler and full-fledged synth.

X86 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:57 pm
steve.lindqvist wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:55 pm
X86 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:50 pmLose the attitude. Makes you come off as a disgruntled child. Seriously can people not have conversations like adults anymore??
Likewise and sure, when you stop talking about iLok.
This response from you makes zero sense in the context of our communication.
I'm a simple man, but at least I know what iLok is and what not. But you are very welcome to enlighten me.

IBTL. Grabs some popcorn... :hyper:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

I assume if you own Avenger, Nexus would be redundant?

nevermind

wagtunes wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:32 pm I assume if you own Avenger, Nexus would be redundant?
I wouldn't say that. I used to own Avenger but it was too CPU hungry and a bit sluggish compared to Nexus and overall the expansion variety of Nexus is much bigger. Anyway as a sound designer yourself, Avenger is the much more tweak able synth of course. It simply depends on the area of application.

I had Nexus 2 with about 15 expansions... sold it becase buying expansions for a rompler is... meh... got Avenger, seemed a lot more capable not quite being a rompler but buying expansions is meh... sold it. Now I’m really curious what v3 could bring to the table because I think Manuel is a really talented guy and glad to see he is involved with many plugins all around the lot, Vengeance Producer Suite plugins, Nexus, Avenger, etc. But come on, bigger better faster? This was a ridiculous line even in the Wild West

steve.lindqvist wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:37 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:32 pm I assume if you own Avenger, Nexus would be redundant?
I wouldn't say that. I used to own Avenger but it was too CPU hungry and a bit sluggish compared to Nexus and overall the expansion variety of Nexus is much bigger. Anyway as a sound designer yourself, Avenger is the much more tweak able synth of course. It simply depends on the area of application.
I guess what I was getting at is that Avenger can create anything that is inside of Nexus, assuming you know how any particular patch was created.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:52 pm
I guess what I was getting at is that Avenger can create anything that is inside of Nexus, assuming you know how any particular patch was created.
No, I don't thinks so because Nexus is mostly sample based - and these samples aren't included nor available for Avenger as far as I know.

Am I the only person who’d like to see a 64-bit QuadraSID re-release? It’s the only ReFX product I ever bought or was interested in.

I can’t seem to reproduce the sounds in InSIDeous on Reaktor. :-/
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:55 pm Am I the only person who’d like to see a 64-bit QuadraSID re-release? It’s the only ReFX product I ever bought or was interested in.

The Nexus factory library contains the former SID expansion which is quite comprehensive.

Jace-BeOS wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:55 pm Am I the only person who’d like to see a 64-bit QuadraSID re-release? It’s the only ReFX product I ever bought or was interested in.

Yeah i also love the quadrasid sound even if it is not authentic afaik
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

The Omnisphere-is-a-rompler is KVR's very own fake news. It will never, ever die.

Personally I'm happy calling Nexus a rompler though. The tweaks are extremely useful, and good enough for practical preset modification, but of course you can't design anything from scratch in any meaningful way. This is one of the main reasons why it's been so absurd that the browser in Nexus 2 is as bad as it is - since the synth is entirely based around presets, having a proper browser is sort of page 1.

I'm just a tad concerned that those bullet points on the website don't mention a tag browser. Hopefully it is just yet to be revealed. I've bought a pitchfork to brandish just in case its a no-show though.
wagtunes wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:52 pm
Aside from the aforementioned efficiencies, the other thing Nexus has over Avenger is much more sophisticated multi-sampling. You can have multiple dynamic layers and many samples spread across the keyboard (round robin too I think). Avenger is a bit more limited in that way. I know Manuel in the past has used the Hollywood series to illustrate the sorts of patches that aren't achievable by Avenger.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

steve.lindqvist wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:00 pm

The Nexus factory library contains the former SID expansion which is quite comprehensive.
Samples? Not interested.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Instruments”