ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

Jace-BeOS wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:55 pm Am I the only person who’d like to see a 64-bit QuadraSID re-release? It’s the only ReFX product I ever bought or was interested in.
OMG - yes. Honestly, as well as Vanguard, even if it's only nostalgia purposes. haha. :pray:
I'm not caught up on whatever happened to QuadraSID and Vanguard, but it's a bummer they are no longer available.

Jace-BeOS wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:06 pm
steve.lindqvist wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:00 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:55 pm Am I the only person who’d like to see a 64-bit QuadraSID re-release? It’s the only ReFX product I ever bought or was interested in.

I can’t seem to reproduce the sounds in InSIDeous on Reaktor. :-/
The Nexus factory library contains the former SID expansion which is quite comprehensive.
Samples? Not interested.
You're maybe missing out. Plus the free Chiptunes XP, which was available in 2017 for all users for Christmas. Made by the talented Mirko Ruta:
https://soundcloud.com/vengeancesound/w ... es-xp-demo

As an Commodore/Amiga/8-bit/chiptune fan - I'm happy to see Avenger and Nexus have expansions related. And they are very good too. Unfortunately the 8-bit/chiptune genre seems to always get forgotten about, as there are usually not a lot of developers actively developing new and exciting options for the genre. Maybe aside from Plogue.

I can understand when other devs do not see $-signs for that. I made them because I grew up in the scene and absolutely love the sound and the limitations (arpchords). :love:

commodore wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:40 pm As an Commodore/Amiga/8-bit/chiptune fan - I'm happy to see Avenger and Nexus have expansions related. And they are very good too. Unfortunately the 8-bit/chiptune genre seems to always get forgotten about, as there are usually not a lot of developers actively developing new and exciting options for the genre. Maybe aside from Plogue.
Yeah im looking forward to the sidplugin of plogue. My only hope so far that it makes quadrasid obsolete!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:55 pm Yeah im looking forward to the sidplugin of plogue. My only hope so far that it makes quadrasid obsolete!
Yeah, that would be awesome - is that a real thing that's coming? I haven't heard about it.

I have chipsounds, but I feel like I have to be a rocket-doctor to figure out how to program it. (I'm bad at programming in general, but chipsounds seems unusually cruel to me). But that is, again, the appeal for Nexus. I don't have to figure anything out, and just have fun. In fact I've made some great sounding chiptune songs with Nexus. And no one could tell I was "cheating" :hihi:

commodore wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:19 pm
Caine123 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:55 pm Yeah im looking forward to the sidplugin of plogue. My only hope so far that it makes quadrasid obsolete!
Yeah, that would be awesome - is that a real thing that's coming? I haven't heard about it.

I have chipsounds, but I feel like I have to be a rocket-doctor to figure out how to program it. (I'm bad at programming in general, but chipsounds seems unusually cruel to me). But that is, again, the appeal for Nexus. I don't have to figure anything out, and just have fun. In fact I've made some great sounding chiptune songs with Nexus. And no one could tell I was "cheating" :hihi:
Yes. The mega drive chip vst already was released next is the super famicon then the sid :) afaik
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:22 pm Yes. The mega drive chip vst already was released next is the super famicon then the sid :) afaik
Awesome! I'm personally not a big fan of the mega drive sound. Maybe the famicom, but definitely a fan of the SID sound!

This is the most interesting "feature":

"Our own online activation; no eLicenser or other 3rd party software required
Two activations at the same time per NEXUS3 license"

Can't count the time I forgot to bring my eLicenser when working on my laptop.

Loudness_Contour wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:07 pm "Our own online activation; no eLicenser or other 3rd party software required
Oh interesting. Then let's count the days until it quickly got cracked :D I thought they've learned from Avenger...

Loudness_Contour wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:07 pm This is the most interesting "feature":

"Our own online activation; no eLicenser or other 3rd party software required

Can't count the time I forgot to bring my eLicenser when working on my laptop.
Bummer!!! I hope that my investment still will be ptotected. On the other hand I‘m happy for all the dongle moaners.

Well, that was fun... I learned a lot there!
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

trusampler wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:45 pm Hope it's got a decent browser now, and can finally stack n layer patches.
:tu: :tu:

I think romplers scare people away. Where the line of creative recycling and ripping off someone’s work is vague. It takes away the locus of control from “I made this myself, I am a creator” down to “I used this cool thing someone else made and copied it”.

Perhaps N3 will provide oscillators or ways to make the samples feel more intrinsically personalized.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

No eLiscencer - good :tu: btw i never thought there would be a Nexus 3.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”