Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Artist 13 Cubase Elements 13 Cubase Pro 13

Xtigma wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:42 pm Image
found this on twitter

Mixer colour seems real at least, anyone else notice anything else?
giant monitor above with a synced video clip on it.

The leak also mentioned video export, and the screen above clearly focuses on video. So I am guessing the image is real.

The leaked feature list was the changelog for alpha 3, from what I have read. So there could be more than that from the first two alphas and betas. I am guessing we will know soon!

Brent
My host is better than your host

koolkeys wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:04 am The leak also mentioned video export, and the screen above clearly focuses on video. So I am guessing the image is real.

The leaked feature list was the changelog for alpha 3, from what I have read. So there could be more than that from the first two alphas and betas. I am guessing we will know soon!
Where is this changelog? :)

Looks like the EQ band settings under the Channel EQ window are multi-colored (as well as the Mixer) and the Spectrum analyser is filled.
The channel strip got a GUI upgrade I'm guessing.
Is that some kind of visual feedback on the Channel EQ window Sends? And some other feedback in the top left corner of the EQ window?
Is that a small VU Meter at the top of each mixer channel? I'm just seeing things now. :hihi:
Although it appears the whole GUI got some kind of an upgrade.

ericj23 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:17 pm
RobGee wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:09 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:43 am
RobGee wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:30 am I upgraded from 9.5 this morning hoping to catch the grace period :D
You'll surely do. IF they stick with their release cycle. :) (Now imagine they will release 10.5 end of next year... :D)
End of next year would be brutal :lol:

It's looking good though, their website is still down :tu:
You can keep your update code for as long as you need. So you don't update until the new one is out.

Voila, 2 versions for the price of one. And if you buy your code in their annual half price sale you find cubase is not an expensive DAW to maintain.
Cubase newbie here - I have a bunch of other DAWs, but picked up the 50% off crossgrade earlier this year and have not registered it yet at all. I was waiting for version 10.5 to be released.

I don't think I understand this fully. Is the idea to register my boxed version once 10.5 is released and then hold on to the upgrade code for 10.5? If so, I would use version 10.4 for as long as I wish. Once version 11 is released, only then do I register my 10.5 update code, and thereby become eligible for a discounted upgrade to version 11 under a grace period (I assume that there is a charge to upgrade full version numbers, (i.e., version 10.5 to version 11), so that I wouldn't get version 11 for free)?

Thanks!

VitaminD wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:06 am
koolkeys wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:04 am The leak also mentioned video export, and the screen above clearly focuses on video. So I am guessing the image is real.

Where is this changelog? :)
This is what I found (I think somebody copied it earlier in this thread, but can't find it):

* Video Export added
* PadShop 2 added
* Import Tracks from Project Improvements added
* Added in Various Other Improvements: "Automatic Project Activation removed"
* Added in Various Other Improvements: New improvements to "Macro Command Management"
* Added in Various Other Improvements: "Key Command Additions"
* Added "Colorize MixConsole Channels"
* Added "macOS Security Feature Compliance"
* Added "Creative Effect Delay"
* Removed in Score Editor Improvements: "Property Editor for Symbols" from Cubase 10.5 scope

But the release this is supposedly attached to is "alpha 3". So some of them might be related to other new features, or it could be everything. Who knows. But that's the list that has floated around. I found it by searching something like "Cubase 10.5 feature alpha" or something like that.

(Goes without saying, I have ZERO idea if this list is true or accurate in any way, so anyone reading it, take it with the grain of salt it needs- I'm just copying what somebody else posted, I don't have any knowledge beyond that, lol)

Brent
My host is better than your host

Cool. Yes it does look plausible as at least a partial actual listing. Thank you for taking the time to assemble that post!

my feeling is that 10.5 will be released at 2 AM EST.
four hours from now.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:41 am my feeling is that 10.5 will be released at 2 AM EST.
four hours from now.
Very well then, i'll be up for a couple more hours :o

[Removed0]
Last edited by Kaya Orsan on Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:41 am my feeling is that 10.5 will be released at 2 AM EST.
four hours from now.
Looks like they did everything to falsify my prediction and they succeeded.

Had some coffee but no Cubase I guess. Now I need to fall asleep to Cubase 10.0 user manual :'(

Imaak wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:23 am Had some coffee but no Cubase I guess. Now I need to fall asleep to Cubase 10.0 user manual :'(
It's only 09:25am in Germany. 10am seems reasonable for a launch - if indeed it's happening.

10:30 or 10:50 seems more logical.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

You guys really hate me don't you? :lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”