Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Artist 13 Cubase Elements 13 Cubase Pro 13

the release schedule is the same every year, site goes down for 'maintenance' at 10.30am german time, and usually stays down for 4 hours or so, then it comes back and cubase is available.

AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Hummm.... Not looking good for today??? Which is good, since I have a writing session this evening and the last thing we need is a new Cubase version to play with.

What do you write - to Santa?

Yeah, very unusual that the maintenance hasn't started yet. But I still have some hope, maybe the maintenance from yesterday was actually for Cubase 10.5 and it may just pop up any minute now without a warning? Fingers crossed.

Bockbier wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:39 am Yeah, very unusual that the maintenance hasn't started yet. But I still have some hope, maybe the maintenance from yesterday was actually for Cubase 10.5 and it may just pop up any minute now without a warning? Fingers crossed.
was there an actual maintenance yesterday? any idea how long it lasted for?

Harry_HH wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:38 am What do you write - to Santa?
Good point, I need to add that to my list of things to do. Just after cure cancer and end poverty and wars. Busy busy busy!

[Removed]
Last edited by Kaya Orsan on Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaya Orsan wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:05 am
Xtigma wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:48 am
Bockbier wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:39 am Yeah, very unusual that the maintenance hasn't started yet. But I still have some hope, maybe the maintenance from yesterday was actually for Cubase 10.5 and it may just pop up any minute now without a warning? Fingers crossed.
was there an actual maintenance yesterday? any idea how long it lasted for?
Didn't say "maintenance" or anything. The site just gave you a 403 error for about an hour or so.
Didn't see that, but read this as official response on the SB Facebook page:-
"...our website should be back on now. We host most of our services with AWS and it seems they had some issues that affected our products as well. We are doing our best to minimize the impact to our customers. Please bear with us!"
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

Looks like we're shit out of luck, unless they completely changed their usual release routine. Maybe next wednesday then.

Maybe they want to teach the leakers a lession in patience ...
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

[Deleted]

Sahul wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:53 pm Someone somewhere just posted this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odVYAQI ... e=emb_logo
Video is private.

maximoog wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:00 pm
Sahul wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:53 pm Someone somewhere just posted this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odVYAQI ... e=emb_logo
Video is private.
True, they were quick. It was a teaser video of the upcoming release. Anyway, it confirms that the info already leaked seems to be true (advanced multi tap delay, Padshop 2, possibility to change the color of the mixer channels, improved analyzers with comparing options, some kind of "smart multi-tool"...)
Last edited by Sahul on Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Well, if you go to the support page on the Steinberg page, and scroll down to their recent articles block, the two newest articles are about Cubase 10.5.....

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... 3650516135

Not a lot there yet, but definitely a good sign. They went up on the 11th. Why would they post help articles for 10.5 if they were not ready to release it yet?

Brent
My host is better than your host

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”