Reason 11 announced!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

Hello ! What do you think of the reason sounds in Reason studios? As they are in quality, compared with Roland romlers, for example. and what do you think about the quality of stock samples?

alekzande wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:34 am Hello ! What do you think of the reason sounds in Reason studios? As they are in quality, compared with Roland romlers, for example. and what do you think about the quality of stock samples?
Terrible :D
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

alekzande wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:34 am Hello ! What do you think of the reason sounds in Reason studios? As they are in quality, compared with Roland romlers, for example. and what do you think about the quality of stock samples?
Far better than anything that comes with Studio One. :D
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

You guys are funny. The answer is "what you make of it" ...............

:phones:
Last edited by V0RT3X on Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

AU beta! :wheee:

spacepluk wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:28 pm AU beta! :wheee:
Source? :party:

*EDIT: nevermind - saw the email. :D
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

:party: :party: :party:

No confirmed release date yet, but probably this month. :wink:

Anosou wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:39 pm

:tu:

Anosou wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:39 pm

Be nice if the VST version worked across all DAWs too. What would suck out right is if the AU version comes out and I still can't use the VST3 version in Reaper and DP10. Haven't tried it in the MPC2 software, but I don't have high hopes..

I don't understand but VST3 version don't work with D.P.10 under Mac OS X .
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.7.2 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

machinesworking wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:12 pm Haven't tried it in the MPC2 software, but I don't have high hopes..
MPC2 doesn't support VST3 to my knowledge. Could be wrong, though.

geronimo wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:35 pm I don't understand but VST3 version don't work with D.P.10 under Mac OS X .
Exactly. Plenty of VST3 instruments work in DP10 though, just not Reason Rack.
EnochLight wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:49 pm MPC2 doesn't support VST3 to my knowledge. Could be wrong, though.
No you're right, I had forgotten the original reason I didn't test it in MPC2. :clown:

I can't compare to the Roland romplers specifically but I find the included sounds very usable. There is not a lot of wow patches that fill the whole spectrum compared to Komplete. But they work a lot better when you put them in a mix and with all the effects it's pretty easy to get them over the top when you need to.

Quality wise, I also think it sounds great. Especially the synths and drums. For samples of real instruments they are still pretty decent but I think Kontakt has the edge.

Download the demo and play it!

spacepluk wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:12 am
I can't compare to the Roland romplers specifically but I find the included sounds very usable. There is not a lot of wow patches that fill the whole spectrum compared to Komplete. But they work a lot better when you put them in a mix and with all the effects it's pretty easy to get them over the top when you need to.

Quality wise, I also think it sounds great. Especially the synths and drums. For samples of real instruments they are still pretty decent but I think Kontakt has the edge.

Download the demo and play it!
Thanks.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”