Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Artist 13 Cubase Elements 13 Cubase Pro 13

wjoyce wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:21 pm
mixwell wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:21 pm
wjoyce wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:15 pm So, Windows HiDPI scaling is unchanged in 10.5. Disappointing.
The only change we wanted in 10.5 :dog:
Certainly the one I wanted, and was expecting. I should have known better.
So there is no scaling available at all for HiDPI monitors?

I bought the crossgrade in the sale earlier this year but have not yet registered it. If there is no scaling at all I may just wait for version 11 to register.

I've returned to V10 after 2 hours and 20 crashes later. 10.5 is hanging almost every time a add an insert while playing. Had it with waves and fabfilter, so i don't think it's related to the plugin manufacturer. This is unworkable for me.. more people having this?

Your OS/processor?

KickSnare wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:31 pm I've returned to V10 after 2 hours and 20 crashes later. 10.5 is hanging almost every time a add an insert while playing. Had it with waves and fabfilter, so i don't think it's related to the plugin manufacturer. This is unworkable for me.. more people having this?
I just tried with H Delay and F6 from wave and Q3 and L2 from Fabfilter and didnt' get any crashes on mac.
Which plugins are you trying?
rsp
sound sculptist

"Cycle mode activation in the timeline is now optional">> Finally this "feature" has been made optional! :clap: It was such a nuisance... :hihi: I guess this small usability improvement alone will make many users happy.

What I am looking forward to is all the minor or unreported features and tweaks. They ALWAYS have dozens of little things they improve but don't mention in their website pages.

Cubase has been becoming more and more efficient and refined over the last several releases, and most changes come from user requests (no they don't give every single request, but the features that do get added were usually requested). So I am upgrading right away. Several cool changes being advertised, and likely many more to be discovered!

Brent
My host is better than your host

MacOS 10.12.6 / Mac Pro 6,1 / 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 / 16 GB on a medium size project.

C10 is still having CPU issues for me, average load almost always maxed out, lots of glitches and sometimes audio disappearing, having to restart cubase to fix it. This seems to be a bit better in C10.5 as far as i can see now.

WasteLand wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:15 pm
BERFAB wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:12 pm Just $60 for the full upgrade? That's an improvement right there, no?
no, that is normal price for 10 to 10.5 or x.0 to x.5...
if you wait till summer, you can get 40% or 50% perhaps..
I seem to recall $100 or so for the .5 upgrades and $200 for the number upgrades, but my memory is fuzzy on all of it. Maybe I'm including an extra couple of bucks for Padshop Pro?

I have, and will, upgrade regardless. People debate this endlessly, but keeping Cubase current is probably the best money I spend on my studio.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

zvenx wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:37 pm
KickSnare wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:31 pm I've returned to V10 after 2 hours and 20 crashes later. 10.5 is hanging almost every time a add an insert while playing. Had it with waves and fabfilter, so i don't think it's related to the plugin manufacturer. This is unworkable for me.. more people having this?
I just tried with H Delay and F6 from wave and Q3 and L2 from Fabfilter and didnt' get any crashes on mac.
Which plugins are you trying?
rsp
Got it with Fabfilter Q2 and Waves L1.

Sahul wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:38 pm "Cycle mode activation in the timeline is now optional">> Finally this "feature" has been made optional! :clap: It was such a nuisance... :hihi: I guess this small usability improvement alone will make many users happy.
Yes... and no more automatic activating of another loaded project when closing down. The 2 most single most annoying things to happen with Cubase when they do. No matter how much we try to avoid them, they always seem to happen.
Last edited by mitchiemasha on Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

bharris22 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:24 pm
wjoyce wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:15 pm So, Windows HiDPI scaling is unchanged in 10.5. Disappointing.

I bought the crossgrade in the sale earlier this year but have not yet registered it. If there is no scaling at all I may just wait for version 11 to register.
I went back to Studio One after trying Cubase 10...it just looked awful on my (4K) monitor and seems to be a patchwork of half a dozen different GUI styles and pop up windows. Its a super powerful DAW, but it really needs a major overhaul to the GUI and workflow not just tweaks and new stuff in my opinion.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Win10 only. Meh.
More BPM please

SLiC wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:46 pm
bharris22 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:24 pm

I went back to Studio One after trying Cubase 10...it just looked awful on my (4K) monitor and seems to be a patchwork of half a dozen different GUI styles and pop up windows. Its a super powerful DAW, but it really needs a major overhaul to the GUI and workflow not just tweaks and new stuff in my opinion.
Interesting comment - I’m afraid, that as previous Logic-user, present Live-user, I will have same kind reaction, once I one day open the purchased product.

BERFAB wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:12 pm I assume there's a Padshop PRO 2 upgrade coming somewhere...
Never assume... They're dropping the pro version to 'streamline their portfolio'. Mentioned in the KVR news.

BERFAB wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:44 pm
WasteLand wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:15 pm
BERFAB wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:12 pm Just $60 for the full upgrade? That's an improvement right there, no?
no, that is normal price for 10 to 10.5 or x.0 to x.5...
if you wait till summer, you can get 40% or 50% perhaps..
I seem to recall $100 or so for the .5 upgrades and $200 for the number upgrades, but my memory is fuzzy on all of it. Maybe I'm including an extra couple of bucks for Padshop Pro?

I have, and will, upgrade regardless. People debate this endlessly, but keeping Cubase current is probably the best money I spend on my studio.
i live in europe so it is in euro's... but i believe that .5 were always €59,90 and for the number upgrades €99, or so.

for .5 i will not wait for a sale, for a number update i will wait (exception: when the number update is so impressive, i will go for it).

and i agree, and everybody discusses every DAW, keeping cubase current is also my way, it still is and will be my main DAW, even if i use ableton/reaper/reason/maschine.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”