BOZ Transgressor 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Never tried the first iteration, but I'm pretty blown away by this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=e ... 2pW330l-Vg

According to BOZ, the sale will last until Black Friday, and maybe a few days extra.
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

:singer: Looks interesting, and the price is certainly right.
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:48 pm :singer: Looks interesting, and the price is certainly right.
Indeed! Embedding a video in the first post.

so its aimed at isolating certain frequencies in a loop rather then the avg. transient shaper right?

A very cool plugin with the typical generous upgrade from Boz :tu:

Thanks for the heads up :tu: I like Boz's plugins.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Loving this plugin so far. Had a heck of a laugh at this preset name:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

masterhiggins wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:30 pm Loving this plugin so far. Had a heck of a laugh at this preset name:
:D

Oh this is awesome! Bought it after a 15-minute demo, instantly became my favorite transient processor.

There's so much more creative sound design potential here than any alternative I know of, and it sounds great. Highly recommended!

ilmai wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:06 pmThere's so much more creative sound design potential here than any alternative I know of, and it sounds great.
Indeed. And with Freiraum slapped somewhere else in the chain, things get 'real', pretty quickly :o :o

ilmai wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:06 pm Oh this is awesome! Bought it after a 15-minute demo, instantly became my favorite transient processor.
My story!
Murderous duck!

I have a number of transient plugs but this is quickly shooting to the top of the pile. And quite versatile! Thanks for the heads up on this one---

+ 1 :tu:
More BPM please

I missed the boat on the original version but looking at this one now... I'm really confused? All the terminology and sales pitch makes a direct comparison to traditional transient designers, but this seems to work very differently?

As I understand it, classic transient designers identify the transient by comparing two level envelopes with different smoothing windows. This approach is independent of the overall level, and so can pick out e.g. transients in a dynamic acoustic guitar part. But that would fail on Transgressor because it compares to a fixed threshold!

The detector section has a few filter modes, that would be a great place to put the classic transient detecting algorithm as an option? It could come after the filters so you can still use them to focus. As it is, I feel like one would get the best out of this thing by using another transient designer on the external sidechain. Apart from that, the features and workflow look great... Am I missing something?

This plugin is like a swiss army knife, it is so versatile. The amount of control you have over the attack and sustain (each can be set individually, including its gain and frequency content) opens up new possibilties for shaping sounds.

Return to “Effects”