Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Markus Krause wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:44 am You will be able to hide large parts of the GUI.

You will be able to build own skins.
Hmmm, that's interesting!
Markus Krause wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:44 am The animated displays are a huge improvement if you are doing sound-design, because you get immediate visual feedback about what you do an what you hear.
I understand that, but sometimes it can be a bit too much.

Thanks for the reply Markus. I'll be waiting for the demo before I make up my mind whether to upgrade or not.

Markus Krause wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:44 am I've build over 1000 sounds for Icarus. The animated displays are a huge improvement if you are doing sound-design, because you get immediate visual feedback about what you do an what you hear.

You will be able to hide large parts of the GUI. There are also color-schemes with less contrast. So you don't have to fear an epileptic attack when you use the synth.

The rack handles are there, because i did like the look when i designed the interface.

You will be able to build own skins.
i might finally finish the skin i was working on one of these days............ ..... .. .. .. .. .
(that no one from the people that replied/votedin KVR liked] :o , anyhow... people can design their own skins.....

....back on topic i think i can confirm there's preety "subtle/more neutral" selectable color schemes! those are actually my favourites

perfumer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:11 am BUT, when I open the UI and see three animated oscillators, two animated filters, one animated step sequencer AND rack handles... :o my mind goes poof! So how am I supposed to concentrate on sound design with those blinking and moving things? And if I'm using it in Bitwig, there's tons of animations there as well, so... evil devs want to bring me to the threshold of epilepsy? :shock:
Don't you use your ears to listen? If they are distracting, close your eyes. I, for once, like to to "see" what's happening in the synth. But maybe Markus can include an option to shut animations off to please people like you :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:17 am Don't you use your ears to listen?
Oh, come on...

I like all the visual feedback, and it seems more synth plugins these days are headed in that direction.

Status update:
Since we received a massive amount of fantastic drumpatterns we decided to include 96 additional drumloops to the factory library. I am currently working on this.
Tone2 Audiosoftware https://www.tone2.com

That's nice :), do you going to add channel outs for the drums for further processes?

Most people want visual feedback. Sorry perfumer but you're in the minority!

Additional outputs for the drums will not be added to v2.0 because it either breaks downward compatibility or crashes various hosts:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=534061

But it is something that might be added to a future update. In this case it must be a separate dll with a different PluginID like IcarusMultiOut.dll

Further news:
Bastiaan finished the manual yesterday.
Tone2 Audiosoftware https://www.tone2.com

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:45 pmFurther news:
:tu: Judging from the feature list, it will be useful. :hihi:

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:45 pm Further news:
Very nice! And awesome you drop in and out to give us updates :tu:

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:45 pm Additional outputs for the drums will not be added to v2.0 because it either breaks downward compatibility or crashes various hosts:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=534061

But it is something that might be added to a future update. In this case it must be a separate dll with a different PluginID like IcarusMultiOut.dll
Ok, yeah is understandable. :)

And just thinking about that... I guess this possible future "IcarusMultiOut" would be able to route the 3 Oscillators/Layers to different channels out too; many synths/workstations works this way and the oscillator would be not limited just to the 3 internal fx slots but also would have the possibility to be processed in multiple ways in independent fx mixers. That would be very cool.

Gotta be honest, I don't really see the appeal of having a drum machine in a synth. What's the advantage over just using some other drum machine or a sample player in your daw?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:07 pm Gotta be honest, I don't really see the appeal of having a drum machine in a synth. What's the advantage over just using some other drum machine or a sample player in your daw?
It's already there so that is not the question anymore we just discuss the option for multi-outs.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Return to “Instruments”