Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Artist 13 Cubase Elements 13 Cubase Pro 13

Same here.. I think I'll sit this update out. The one thing I really wanted was better hiDPI experience in Windows 10. And, from what I can gather, there is no bug fixes or improvements otherwise in 10.5 from v10. It is really broken in v10 :(

The delay effect looks neat though! As does the import tracks feature.

Does anyone know if padshop 2 acquired via 10.5 will load up in other daws like padshop pro did?

Googly Smythe wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:11 pm
AcrossTheSky wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:05 pm
Googly Smythe wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:57 pm
Googly Smythe wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:37 am 2017: November 15, v9.5
2018: November 13, v10
2019: ? v10.5
My guess: November 13
How about that, I was right!
Anyone else noticed that Prologue seems to have quietly gone into the night? I wonder what else has.
Bravo, :clap:

how about predicting retrologue 3 or Halion 7 ? :clap: HSO 2 - Iconica seems to be very expensive ..HSO 2 would be nice -
Ha ha! No, I'll let someone else try their luck! :D
Thanks for sharing your accurate prediction. I just got under the wire on the grace period.

What a PITA these 20+ Gig downloads full of guff are. They should retain the earlier practice of separating the basic DAW upgrade and the larger archives of loops n' other shite.

And how is that lame-ass downloader app: 116 MB and, if your downloaded archive fails verification, it gives you the delightfully gnomic message, "an error occurred". No specific information unless you happen to be watching the screen when verification starts/finishes you will not be aware that the download even completed. FFS. At least Steiny support are on the ball.

I see quite a few people are having trouble finding/downloading 10.5 update only.
You can download 10.0 to 10.5 update here. It's a 1.27GB download compared to 22GB:

Code: Select all

http://download.steinberg.net/downloads_software/Cubase_10.5/Cubase_10.5_Update_Installer_win.exe

My computer has crashed twice today since I've downloaded and installed Cubase 10.5. I leave my computer on all of the time, and I've never had it crash. Now it's been twice today, and both times, I had Cubase running in the backround.

I don't find Cubase to be anywhere near as stable as Orion was. I have regular issues with it freezing while loading a project and it crashes now and again for no apparent reason, usually when it is just sitting idle in the background.
VitaminD wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:46 amThe one thing I really wanted was better hiDPI experience in Windows 10.
What problems are you having? I was using scaling on my last laptop and I don't recall having any issues with Cubase.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

zoidkirb wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:00 am Does anyone know if padshop 2 acquired via 10.5 will load up in other daws like padshop pro did?
I asked the same thing earlier.
Hope someone has the answer.
The answer better be YES!
Or else!

BONES wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:58 am I don't find Cubase to be anywhere near as stable as Orion was. I have regular issues with it freezing while loading a project and it crashes now and again for no apparent reason, usually when it is just sitting idle in the background.
VitaminD wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:46 amThe one thing I really wanted was better hiDPI experience in Windows 10.
What problems are you having? I was using scaling on my last laptop and I don't recall having any issues with Cubase.
No crashing here. I did have a long standing issue with Cubase crashing on some old (v7.5 or v8) projects in v9 or 10 usually while loading. These were huge projects. The smaller ones never had an issue. But that issue disappeared entirely on my new system with twice the RAM (went from 16 to 32 GB). Now even the larger old ones load and play without fail.

The hiDPI scaling issue is rather obvious if you have it. Some VST guis will use a smaller window size with the contents at the larger scaled size. This means one doesn't see the whole GUI and the cursor to parameter (on the GUI) mapping is totally off.

Fabfilter worked with me to resolve this issue internally in ProQ3 (they released a new build that fixed the issue).
U-he products do not never did exhibit this issue
Some newer Native Instrument products do exhibit this issue.
SampleTank 4 exhibited this issue (unsure if they resolved it -- I got rid of it).

So it looks like developers can make it work better on their end. But Steinberg could simply enhance it on their end to mitigate the issues entirely.

I think it really depends on how the GUI was coded if it does or does not have issues with hiDPI in Cubase with Windows 10 scaling enabled. It is more often seen if the scaling is at an unusual percent (say 133%) versus 125 or 150% --- it seems to behave better in blocks of 25. To which they openly state here: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... Windows-10

I just tried 10.5 on my setup. Works fine and seems to use less CPU resources than 9.5 on same project.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:26 am
zoidkirb wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:00 am Does anyone know if padshop 2 acquired via 10.5 will load up in other daws like padshop pro did?
Or else!
I had Padshop Pro installed separately and after just updating Cubase to 10.5 it also updated Padshop Pro to Padshop 2, which does load up in Bitwig and Ableton for me. So I'd say YES, but can't confirm 100% due to the previous installation.

^^^

Thanks
Good News.

bM3w wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:25 am
Or else!
I had Padshop Pro installed separately and after just updating Cubase to 10.5 it also updated Padshop Pro to Padshop 2, which does load up in Bitwig and Ableton for me. So I'd say YES, but can't confirm 100% due to the previous installation.
I own the padshop pro license too so that is good news :party:

Or else!
The answer is YES, I opened Padshop2 in Ableton Live yesterday. It actually replaced the old Padshop, so don't go looking for a Padshop 2 plugin like I did :hihi:

^^^

Huuuuh? Padshop 2 is not called Padshop 2?
It is called just Padshop?

Did I misspell Huuuuh?

VitaminD wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:35 amThe hiDPI scaling issue is rather obvious if you have it. Some VST guis will use a smaller window size with the contents at the larger scaled size. This means one doesn't see the whole GUI and the cursor to parameter (on the GUI) mapping is totally off.
That's strange because I've never experienced anything like that. For me, scaling has always just worked, usually better than it does on a Mac. One thing, though, is that you can't scale Win10 to 133%. It goes up in discrete steps of 25% so I am wondering if you are doing it right or trying to change it some other way?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”