ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

Bippo wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:30 am Basically they "stole" many synth sounds (virus is a very noticeable one for me at least) and created a fancy sample pack of presets that sounds the same. The scam is that they create additional packs every now and then and sell them for more ca$h, instead of releasing it for free in updates, like the people in spectrasonics do in Omnisphere for example (14k presets + an actual synth that costs way less than all the bland "nexu$ pack$" combined)...
Dude, you have clearly no clue what you are talking about. Either you're a jealous poor guy or you're too stupid to operate Nexus. But that doesn't matter, there is a lot of freeware which can do exactly the same (caution sarcasm!).

Bippo wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:30 am Basically they "stole" many synth sounds (virus is a very noticeable one for me at least) and created a fancy sample pack of presets that sounds the same. The scam is that they create additional packs every now and then and sell them for more ca$h, instead of releasing it for free in updates, like the people in spectrasonics do in Omnisphere for example (14k presets + an actual synth that costs way less than all the bland "nexu$ pack$" combined)...
Well if you compare it to Omnisphere and taking in to consideration what you said, Omnisphere "stole" even more sounds :lol: IK Multimedia, UVI those are total bastards, biggest scammers ever, especialy IK Multimedia, they dont offer a synth but only sampled synths via Syntronik :lol: Man you are so delusional. The prices for packs are indeed very high and way too high in my opinion, but those are sampled content made by a sound designer and its not nesceserely virus ti, analog synth or real instrument, or vst instrument.

p.s. you really dont know what scam is right? because refx doesnt do any scam. They dont promise you anything, they show you the patches, they give you the price, you get a product, you have ability to check given examples how they sound, you either take it or leave it. If thats still a scam, i dont know how you survived in this world till now :D

Bippo wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:30 am Basically they "stole" many synth sounds (virus is a very noticeable one for me at least) and created a fancy sample pack of presets that sounds the same.
I think 10 years ago Nexus was the only way to get these trendy Virus sounds in your DAW without buying the actual Virus. But now in 2019, Virus and other hardware that used to be cool is no more trendy, all the chart-topping music is made with softsynths - so I guess the new Nexus presets must also be made with the same softsynths?

If it's really the case I don't see the point of Nexus at all :shrug: If you are not into sound-design, why not just buy the actual synth and some preset packs, would be probably even cheaper?

Well, there seems to be some orchestral stuff in there but how does it compare to actual orchestral libraries?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

steve.lindqvist wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:44 am too stupid to operate Nexus.
Is this even possible? :scared:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Bippo wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:30 am Basically they "stole" many synth sounds (virus is a very noticeable one for me at least) and created a fancy sample pack of presets that sounds the same.
OH DEAR!!!

You do realise! the GUY who made soundpacks for NEXUS, also made the best sounds that came in the VIRUS, and many other hardware synthesizers, the same GUY that gave us Avenger, MS, Manuel Schleis. He stole from himself? but technically yeah, all samples are stolen, as in made on something else, that's what a sample is.

I have a Virus and it has it's own list of endless problems
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

While Bippo's posts are not especially, um, illuminating, I take a less hysterical view of Nexus. It is kind of like a "Best of" compilation album of other synths. Everything radio-ready, good to go, streamlined, no fuss. Of course it goes without saying it does a lot more than Virus, and indeed a lot more than just synths such as the Hollywood series, but the same sort of logic applies even there. The Hollywood packs can't hold a candle to really good orchestral sample libraries (still less a real orchestra), but for a whizz-bang quick hit flavour they're kinda fun, and do sound considerably better than old workstation sounds. They have a good instant-hit sound, in much the same way as the synth patches, but you couldn't really orchestrate with them.

The point keeps being re-made - Nexus is a low-CPU treasure trove of genre sounds. It breaks no new ground, its of no interest to programmers and sound designers. But if you need authentic sounds from different genres, its a solid workhorse, in no small part because they use brilliant programmers who are experts in their respective fields. Take it or leave it, really.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I always thought they created Nexus as a away to directly profit from their own work. Which is quite insulting to call it a scam. However, I did read once how in the end days of the gold rush, if you wanted to actually make some coin, the easiest way was to sell the tools to those "rushing", that's not a scam, that's just smart business. I've mentioned it before but no one picks up on it.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Bippo wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:03 am
Elektronisch wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:44 am
Bippo wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:12 am Lol, it never ceases to amaze me how people fall for this Nexu$ scam :lol:

People actually spend hundreds of dollars to get a virus ti samplepack bloated with reverb and delay, just to sound exactly like everybody else who can't move forward from sounding like a generic early 00's edm track.
Im not going to explain how incredibly stupid you look, because you wount understand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moron_(psychology)

But at least some argumentation in your sense of logic would be nice, because in the last 10 years my virus ti didnt sounded like nexus, no matter how much reverb and delay i have put in it. Especialy those nice orchestral library sounds, i just cant understand, ive put all the reverbs available, my virus ti dont sound like that :evil:
I'm*
Won't*
Didn't sound*
Especially*
:clap: :pray:

The reason why nexus sounds like virus is simply because they sampled the shit out of this synth and sold it to morons like you who think that reverb+delay=bE$t v$t evah!!11
It's disgusting isn't it.
Thank god no-one else samples synths or instruments and sells them.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

steve.lindqvist wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:44 am
Dude, you have clearly no clue what you are talking about. Either you're a jealous poor guy or you're too stupid to operate Nexus. But that doesn't matter, there is a lot of freeware which can do exactly the same (caution sarcasm!).
Man...just stfu :lol:
Fyi, I purchased nexus a long time ago (and even if I didn't have the money we all know how its ezpz today to get things for free), and it's just ridiculous how greedy the guys at refx became. Every month releasing another recycled "tr&p/p0p/€dm" pack full of reverb bloated presets for extra ca$h...that's just an insult for anyone who value their money worth and common sense.

They actually sell the "kompl3t3 ver$i0n" for 3689 usd, with that huge amount of money you can purchase SO MANY better vsts and hardware out there that it's just an insult to offer such a product at such ridiculous price.

What there is to know about "operating" nexus? Every 12 years old youtube producer can "operate" this vst... :lol: :lol:

Anyway, perosnally idgaf if you or any other sucker is willing to spend extra amount of cash for the same reverb-presets pack with a new gui, be my guest.

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:59 am The Hollywood packs can't hold a candle to really good orchestral sample libraries (still less a real orchestra), but for a whizz-bang quick hit flavour they're kinda fun, and do sound considerably better than old workstation sounds.

The point keeps being re-made - Nexus is a low-CPU treasure trove of genre sounds. It breaks no new ground, its of no interest to programmers and sound designers. But if you need authentic sounds from different genres, its a solid workhorse, in no small part because they use brilliant programmers who are experts in their respective fields. Take it or leave it, really.
It's also suprisingly good, if you take the time to dig into it, at creating new sounds.
i.e. the BT Pads expansion is an absolute treasure trove of unusual layers which, if you use the lock function for the envelopes and FX, can come up with amazing variations.

I do find it bizarre how many deeply limited old hardware synths are now considered amazeballs due to their unique "retro" sounds and/or the creative ways people came up with to get around those limitations and yet something like Nexus is shit because...it's so limited & has "that" sound.

And for the record, while I'm no REFX fanboi whatsoever, the updates, the freebies and the support from them put them on a par with U-He & Spectrasonics IMO.

Bippo wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:06 pm
Every month releasing another recycled "tr&p/p0p/€dm" pack full of reverb bloated presets for extra ca$h...that's just an insult for anyone who value their money worth and common sense.
I haven't bought an expansion from them in over 5 years now and I use Nexus in every single one of my songs - songs which express my outrage at the monthly insults from REFX that they dare to release new expansions.

I feel your pain.

Brittlestem wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:10 pm
Bippo wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:06 pm
Every month releasing another recycled "tr&p/p0p/€dm" pack full of reverb bloated presets for extra ca$h...that's just an insult for anyone who value their money worth and common sense.
I haven't bought an expansion from them in over 5 years now and I use Nexus in every single one of my songs - songs which express my outrage at the monthly insults from REFX that they dare to release new expansions.

I feel your pain.
Yeah, that's the reason why you are such an amazing top40 producer, nexus...good for you brah :tu:

Nexus is a Bigly romper for sure. Bigly with a capital B!

guys, dont argue with little kids :roll:
however, there was an update here, I just saw:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Faster, bigger, better" speaking of little kids...is that a commercial for a new pokemon? :lol:

Return to “Instruments”