Avenger or Nexus

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Whats your favorit?
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

None of them but I can't think of a single reason why one would choose Nexus over Avenger.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I agree with recursive. Though I've been told that Avenger can't do what Nexus can do.

I own Avenger and it's a beast. I can't imagine why if given the same sample content it couldn't be Nexus on steroids but I don't own Nexus so maybe it's got some tricks I'm not aware of that are lacking in Avenger.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

If you dont like synthesis and a bit of tweaking and get nexus for 80% off for bread and butter sounds why not ;).
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Teksonik wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:41 pm I own Avenger and it's a beast. I can't imagine why if given the same sample content it couldn't be Nexus on steroids but I don't own Nexus so maybe it's got some tricks I'm not aware of that are lacking in Avenger.
Someone explained it to me. It has something to do with the layering in Nexus and of course the samples which Avenger doesn't come with.

Caine123 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:49 pm If you dont like synthesis and a bit of tweaking and get nexus for 80% off for bread and butter sounds why not ;).
Where the hell can you get Nexus for 80% off. Hell, I'd even buy it for that little.

Your handy cut out and keep guide:

AVENGER
Fullly programmable synth, moderate CPU useage, some sampling and sample-playback abilities.

NEXUS 2 (and 3?)
Preset-based ROMpler, basic tweaks, low CPU usage, no sampling, enhanced multisample playback abilities.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

If you want generic extremely overused edm rompler, get Nexus. If you want a programmable synth, get Avenger (which also come with factory presets).

I think that there are better alternatives in both categories but if I had to chose between the two I would definitely go with Avenger.

I prefer Nexus, there are some outstanding expansions for my taste available. Avenger and rapid i use not often, I prefer dune3, hive2 and spire instead.

Both share the same sounds because they're from the same designers doing 1 time work (sampling, presets) for multiple synths. Nexus is for preset sluts, Avenger for tweakers. Avenger is way more buggy, instable and CPU consuming. Nexus is CPU lightweight due to the usage of samples but with overused and overeffected duplicate content all over the place. Nexus is made for collectors, it's a cash cow with expansions.

I honestly wouldn't go with either of them. Support from both sides (like mail contact, time till responses if at all, solutions are to just buy new hardware XD, michael from refx is just a choleric guy) is bad.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:50 pm
Caine123 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:49 pm If you dont like synthesis and a bit of tweaking and get nexus for 80% off for bread and butter sounds why not ;).
Where the hell can you get Nexus for 80% off. Hell, I'd even buy it for that little.
Sorry i forgot if it would be for sale for that price :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

wagtunes wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:49 pm
Teksonik wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:41 pm I own Avenger and it's a beast. I can't imagine why if given the same sample content it couldn't be Nexus on steroids but I don't own Nexus so maybe it's got some tricks I'm not aware of that are lacking in Avenger.
Someone explained it to me. It has something to do with the layering in Nexus and of course the samples which Avenger doesn't come with.
Avenger's 8 Layers aren't enough ? Each of which can have it's own Arp/Seq. :o

Like I said if given the same sample content I don't see why Avenger wouldn't blow Nexus away. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PietW. wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:21 pm Whats your favorit?
the one that doesn't use illegal samples

AnX wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:15 pm
PietW. wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:21 pm Whats your favorit?
the one that doesn't use illegal samples
Questions:

1. Nexus uses illegal samples?
2. What exactly are illegal samples?

Return to “Instruments”