Cubase 10.5 is out

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Under requirements Steinberg only "offically" supports Cubase 10.5 under Windows 10.
Anybody install Cubase 10.5 on Windows 7?
Last edited by dblock on Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Features

1. Combined Selection Tools
2. EQ & Spectral Curve Comparison Mode
3. Colorize MixConsole Channels
4. Export Video
5. Multi Tap Delay Plug-in
6. Padshop 2

Improvements

1. MIDI Retrospective Recording
2. Import Tracks from Project
3. Score Editor
4. Selection Menu for Overlapping Events
5. Send Level Names
6. Automatic Project Activation
7. Glue in "Edit" menu
8. Loudness as Normalization in Direct Offline Processing
9. Add Track Window changes
10. Preference for "Click between Locators Activates Cycle"
11. Rename "Favorites" in MediaBay
12. Safe Mode

https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/new-features/
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

dblock wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:25 pm Under requirements it says Windows 10. Could be wrong but those of us who still use Windows 7 to host Cubase 10 on Windows 7 could be out of luck. Anybody with Windows 7 buy it yet?
It will likely still work, but is just not supported. I've seen many people report it working, but they are no longer testing it on Windows 7 since it won't be a supported OS by Microsoft in January. So if any of their libraries or code utilizes newer technology, or if they finally fix up the HDPi display fully, it won't necessarily work in Windows 7.

But it will likely work for the time being.

Brent
My host is better than your host

In the other thread, one or two users reported that it runs on Windows 7 indeed.

Next year though. January. End of line. Your Windows 7 computer will instantly implode, and cause a black hole. Time to upgrade. ;)

No, i wasn't paid by Microsoft to say that...

chk071 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:39 pm In the other thread, one or two users reported that it runs on Windows 7 indeed.

Next year though. January. End of line. Your Windows 7 computer will instantly implode, and cause a black hole. Time to upgrade. ;)

No, i wasn't paid by Microsoft to say that...
ok, that's what I was looking for. Some actual users using it. Thanks chk071! :tu:

There's a thread about it on the Steinberg forums as well: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewto ... 3&t=172756

TBH, if it was me, i wouldn't risk it... so much money for something which might work really unstable, and gets no support in the future. But, your (and others) decision of course.

So the new significant features in a paid Cubase 10.5 update are a selection tool/track colors/session data import copied from ProTools and EQ/Spectrum/Masking feature copied from Neutron? :D

Sam-U wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:56 pm So the new significant features in a paid Cubase 10.5 update are a selection tool/track colors/session data import copied from ProTools and EQ/Spectrum/Masking feature copied from Neutron? :D
Well, there is more, of course. Video Export was one of the higher ranked requests on one of their customer polls. The new delay is pretty good. And the improvements such as retrospective MIDI recording and other things are nice.

But the place where Cubase releases, particularly the .5 releases, really shine are in the small details. Go watch the series of "what's new" videos on their Youtube channel and they walk through more of the little things. It's a .5 release, so usually nothing too groundbreaking, hence the lower upgrade price. But lots of little workflow and visual improvements as far as I can see (though I actually liked the clip gradients, wish they would have kept those!).

Brent
My host is better than your host

I would like to see free updates until major updates come out. These half updates, and charging for those doesnt sit well with me, especially when the features are already in other DAW's, its in no way worthy of additional cost from the user. This is a bit frustrating, coming from a user who has multiple DAW's.

vertibration wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:57 pm I would like to see free updates until major updates come out. These half updates, and charging for those doesnt sit well with me, especially when the features are already in other DAW's, its in no way worthy of additional cost from the user. This is a bit frustrating, coming from a user who has multiple DAW's.
You don't have to get the .5 updates, but can wait for the full number updates instead.
I get what you're saying though.

Will it run in Win XP 64bit?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Here is my review and testing: Cubase 10.5 New Features Review and Test

I found a few bugs already and you can watch Cubase crash on camera! lol. Maybe wait until the bugs are ironed out. My video and review is pretty cool so you should check it out.

Or you can just watch the YouTube video here: https://youtu.be/E_nkIP2TR_g

currentsound wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:43 am Here is my review and testing: Cubase 10.5 New Features Review and Test

I found a few bugs already and you can watch Cubase crash on camera! lol. Maybe wait until the bugs are ironed out. My video and review is pretty cool so you should check it out.
It's not surprising to find bugs in a new release. Early adopters are basically beta testers these days. I always wait a while for things settle before updating.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”