Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fractalism for Output Portal Portal

AFAIK the listing was available during a short window during the overnight hours in California. I saw it around midnight PST. Who was working at that hour to get rid of the error? Seems to me like the listing was adjusted when the back office arrived in the morning.

Not to be an apologist for MF. In my opinion, the customer service fail is more egregious, in not immediately refunding the purchases and admitting there was an error.

I bought well before overnight hours.

Had to go in my browser cache to find the Reddit thread where I found out about it, since they delisted it from the main Deals page.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AudioProductio ... kely_very/

Sort of confirms my supposition:
RrentTreznor 7 points · 1 day ago
Hey. I got a follow up from Output. They said the following:
This is not a legitimate sale price, and I believe Musician's Friend have mistakenly advertised Portal in place of Expansion Packs, which are on sale individually for $26.
We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we're looking into it with Musician's Friend as we speak. Thank you!
And from what I am reading there, MF has gone above and beyond for purchasers, so I retract my claims about their customer service.

Well, so far I have installed, authorized, and received no word of a refund. Fingers crossed.

I bought it in the middle of the day, 11/12, and the charge went on my credit card. I received a canceled order notice from MF today, 11/14, in the afternoon: "The item(s) below has been canceled from your order. If your credit card has already been authorized for payment, it may take 5–7 days for your bank to release the hold on those funds." That's a long time for them to get their crap together, and they can kiss my arse for the hassle. The email contained no special offers--just advertising in their email message. Smells like bait and switch to me, de facto or de jure. Whatever.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

My GC order was canceled and refunded today.

Fingers still crossed.

perpetual3 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:49 am Fingers still crossed.
They will cancel all orders unless you contact them.

double post

But I already activated the plugin.

perpetual3 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:08 pm But I already activated the plugin.
If you received a license number, you're fine.

Nice!

Musician's Friend may have one or more such deals by years end.
Not sure how I missed the Portal deal. :dog: :cry:
Let's keep an eye on them.

That was no regular deal, just a typo. A poor soul forgot the 1 for hundred...

^^^
Oh, thanks for the clarification
I will be looking for a BF deal on Portal.

Return to “Effects”