Camel alchemy vs logic alchemy

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy Alchemy Mobile Alchemy Player Logic Pro

LeVzi wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:04 pm
samsam wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:50 am ^ I showed them this post and they literally stuck their fingers up and also started making wanker gestures.

Pretty shocking IMO.
Pretty much like any logic user , normal response.
:roll: :roll:

LeVzi wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:04 pm
samsam wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:50 am ^ I showed them this post and they literally stuck their fingers up and also started making wanker gestures.

Pretty shocking IMO.
Pretty much like any logic user , normal response.
Even though I'm only an occasional Logic user, I still did the same hand gesture to help keep that statement true.

Just remember many of us Logic users can still feel the pain of having our platform of choice being killed from underneath us... twice... so go easy. :hug:

I don't know why there has to be attitude. I am a Logic user, since 2007, not a neophyte, but not a wizard, either. I am happy that Apple is making this stuff available for my platform of choice, but there is a very small but growing chance that my next puter will not be an Apple. Then I will be quite pissed off, as Alchemy is probably my favourite synth. So, I do empathize with those who have lost access to this great synth.

And as I've said, if someone handed me a winning lotto ticket, I'm gonna turn my nose up at it? I don't think so.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

i don't look back, i use my alchemy v1 how it is and will never buy a mac or use logic.
Is there anybody on kvr who has jumped from windows and a major daw like cubase or ableton to logic only for this synth ?

Hi , 
Does anyone know if it is possible to record on a track the CC data of the XY pads? Not the automation data.
thank you all

Mib wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:47 pm Hi , 
Does anyone know if it is possible to record on a track the CC data of the XY pads? Not the automation data. thank you all
If you record audio while changing the XY pads your DAW will record the CC data.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Thanks for helping me,( i m from Portugal)
But if I play a midi keyboard or simply want to record the CC data in a individual track, is possible?
My Daw is Sonar by Cakewalk , and in the VST properties i have to check an option to allow the MIDI Output , I can check this option , but when recording only the note Data is recorded. In this moment I really don´t know if the problem is on the Daw or in Alchemy .:-)
I can record midi data from some XY VST ,like, Axi´s , or midiPads (freware) Or Blue Cat´s (Blue Cat's Remote Control ,Virtual control surface) and others... But In Alchemy i´m getting problems...
I´m using the Mouse to control the XY Pads
Can you Help me?
Thanks Michael

One way is to first record the midi track only, then play that midi track through Alchemy while moving the XY pads as you record an audio track. That will work in any DAW. I don't know Sonar so can't be more specific about its midi routing.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Ok,now thinking the problem is in Sonar .
In Windows I have to go to "regedit" to allow the" MIDI OUTPUT" of Alchemy in Sonar, I have done all that ,(and with others VST´s, is common)
I´m going to try in another Daw.
Thanks Michael

I had a dream last night that Logic started hyping up Alchemy 3....getting people all excited for nearly a year waiting for it. Right when Alchemy 3 was due to be released, Microsoft bought it and released it for Windows-only DAWS. Logic users though, were very understanding...realizing that Apple needed the money and "money talks" and were very happy for Windows-users. It was a beautiful dream. :P :lol:

Logic users are very understanding, intelligent, happy and beautiful people. :hug:
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Michael L wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:39 am Logic users are very understanding, intelligent, happy and beautiful people. :hug:
I can testify this. :tu:

Mib wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:37 pm Ok,now thinking the problem is in Sonar .
In Windows I have to go to "regedit" to allow the" MIDI OUTPUT" of Alchemy in Sonar, I have done all that ,(and with others VST´s, is common)
I´m going to try in another Daw.
Thanks Michael
I am running Alchemy in Sonar Platinum (latest version) without any problem (can map any controller via midi learn). It might be a system specific problem.

AJK , You can map the XY pads, or the remix Pad to a CC , and record the Mouse movements to a track, and you can see the CC Midi data on that track ?
Thanks AJK

Return to “Instruments”