Emvoice One Beta - new vocal synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

RichN wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:09 am On 29th October I received an e-mail titled: "Time to Bounce your Vocals – the Emvoice One Beta is Nearly Over". And an explanation inside the e-mail.

So what Cheif Manitou is stating is wrong.
Perhaps it wasn't written large enough for him :hihi:

I've tried the Emvoice One plugin for the first time today. I'm getting mostly good results but I'm having real trouble getting the word "know" to sound natural. No matter what I try it sounds like "noy".

Combinations I've tried:

know
no
<N OW>

Any other suggestions?

noh ?

I tried "noh" and got the same result, but thanks anyway :)

However, I've just realised that the 'y' sound is happening because the following word in the phrase is "you". So it seems to be saying "know" as "no wy" sound in anticipation of the next word being "you", if that makes sense. Whereas if I try "know" in isolation then it works as expected.

lewisjenkins wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:45 pm However, I've just realised that the 'y' sound is happening because the following word in the phrase is "you". So it seems to be saying "know" as "no wy" sound in anticipation of the next word being "you", if that makes sense. Whereas if I try "know" in isolation then it works as expected.
Glottal stop "Q" between the two words? Like at the end of "know", the start of "you", or on a separate small note between them? Or maybe altering vowel stresses?

:o This is really good. :)
Yeah, seems pricey, but wow! sounds great.
Lots of potential here. :clap:

Can anyone tell me what's happening when phrases have a grey or pink background and do not produce sound? Is it because of my rubbish Internet speed??

ejr wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:01 pm Can anyone tell me what's happening when phrases have a grey or pink background and do not produce sound? Is it because of my rubbish Internet speed??
Yes this could possibly be because of your internet connection. We're thinking of a "slow connection" mode to fix this potential issue. Another reason for pink background can be that the phonemes are not available. In that case, you need to try again with a different word / sequence of words. Hope this helps!
Express Yourself.

So does a pink background always mean "phoneme not in dictionary"? I think an indicator of this situation would be really helpful.

ejr wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:55 pm So does a pink background always mean "phoneme not in dictionary"? I think an indicator of this situation would be really helpful.
The most likely cause for a pink background is a problem with the connection, or our servers (we have a very low failure rate though). If this happens, you can try to transpose the region up one semitone, then down and see if it works better.
The 2nd most likely cause is that the phoneme (or more precisely, the transition between two phonemes) is not available, because it hasn't been recorded. Thanks for your feedback, we'll improve this in the next updates.
Express Yourself.

It really needs a way to enter a Midi file.
Maybe upload the midi to your site and have it send back a pointer to where lyrics can be entered against the melody uploaded.

raintalk wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:55 am It really needs a way to enter a Midi file.
Maybe upload the midi to your site and have it send back a pointer to where lyrics can be entered against the melody uploaded.
Yes we're planning to add midi import capabilities, allowing you to play midi from your keyboard or midi track and then adding the lyrics. This is our next big feature
Express Yourself.

Another new type of singing synthesizer has just been released!
It is called Neutrino (neural singing synthesizer). Not from the one from iZotope tho. It seems like freeware. It actually freaks me out by it’s quality of sound. I guess it is available only for Japanese language for now, but It is so real you can not even tell that it is synthesized.
https://n3utrino.work/

Hi Evmoice devs, folks

Just did read all topic (and seen all examples which remains alive here) - wanted to ask - but what about breath sounds ? (in the beginnings of words i mean). Emvoice does not have this ?

Frankly i was always far from such all things like Vocaloid\SinthV and this (i'm interested mostly in speech synthesis), and i agree with many comments that Emvoice sounds more natural than Vocaloid, but in examples which i see from Vocaloid, i found as quite impressive breath feature, that in my opinion significantly humanize whole result.

(did not tried free version yet)

Lucy has breath sounds, and so will our upcoming voices. But at this time you don't have control over the breath sounds, they just appear in certain conditions. We're getting ready to release an important update, with MIDI listen mode and a new UI. And in a few months we'll release Jay, our new hi-res, wide-range male voice. Here's an early demo! https://youtu.be/GdRCkBAdV_c
Express Yourself.

Return to “Instruments”