New ExpressiveE instrument: Osmose

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Obviously they should have hired Jordan Rudess :hihi:

SLiC wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:19 pm :-) Its kind of funny however who these companies think the 'influencers' are...I keep seeing the videos and I have no idea who anyone is, at least I would have know who you are!
Well, nowdays it's hard to get any name, even with thousands watchers.

Don't you even know who Junkie XL is? The guy who remixed Elvis and now scores half of Holywood blockbusters? :?:

Others... I recognized only one other name, though :P But I'm not a piano player, either. If you showed me some "10 best drummers in the world", I'd be no wiser.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Meh, can't be all that much if they didn't even get Jordan Rudess in there. He would be elbowing into the middle with a GoPro on a selfie-stick. :)

foosnark wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:22 pm Obviously they should have hired Jordan Rudess :hihi:
the big reveal is that it's not really an instrument, but a miniature robot jordan to do all the widely bits for you 8)

does it come with free beard wax?

SLiC wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:19 pm Don't you even know who Junkie XL is? The guy who ... scores half of Holywood blockbusters? :?:
With M-audio midi keyboard and rare plugins like Omnisphere and Zebra :hihi:

He is also showing off analog gear he is not using.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:05 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:19 pm Don't you even know who Junkie XL is? The guy who ... scores half of Holywood blockbusters? :?:
With M-audio midi keyboard and rare plugins like Omnisphere and Zebra :hihi:

He is also showing off analog gear he is not using.
Uhm, he showed in detail exotic acoustic instruments, old analog gear and sophisticated sound design techniques on his Youtube channel. His main keyboard is Komplete Kontrol. So, no, you talk nonsense. :borg:
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:04 am Uhm, he showed in detail exotic acoustic instruments, old analog gear and sophisticated sound design techniques on his Youtube channel. His main keyboard is Komplete Kontrol. So, no, you talk nonsense. :borg:
May be it's komplete control, doesn't change much.
And then on the same channel once he has showed an actual project.
So, no, you just prefer myths.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:44 am
DJ Warmonger wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:04 am Uhm, he showed in detail exotic acoustic instruments, old analog gear and sophisticated sound design techniques on his Youtube channel. His main keyboard is Komplete Kontrol. So, no, you talk nonsense. :borg:
And then on the same channel once he has showed an actual project.
Nope, he's making few videos for each movie he scores. I watched them. You apparently not. You have no idea what you're talking about, so just stop now. :smack:

DJ Warmonger wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:24 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:19 pm :-) Its kind of funny however who these companies think the 'influencers' are...I keep seeing the videos and I have no idea who anyone is, at least I would have know who you are!
Well, nowdays it's hard to get any name, even with thousands watchers.

Don't you even know who Junkie XL is? The guy who remixed Elvis and now scores half of Holywood blockbusters? :?:

Others... I recognized only one other name, though :P But I'm not a piano player, either. If you showed me some "10 best drummers in the world", I'd be no wiser.
'Junkie XL' - I had seen his name around- no idea what he has written. I cant say I follow many film composers other than Craig Armstrong who is one of my all time hero's...but I only realy got in to him because of 'Wake up in New York' with Evan Dando.

You will have to forgive my ignorance, I am mainly a guitarist and bass player, so I freak out when people dont know who Michael Hedgesis or Jaco Pastorius are! ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Oh it's happening!
Playing with the prototype a few months ago brought an instant smile to my face, can't remember ever feeling so excited about a controller. But I also can't say that I've played them all, so take it with a grain of salt.

Viktor

Well, I have tried most of them- Had a Linstrment first (I though the layout would suit me as a guitarist primarily) but it didn't click and I sold it- then got the Roli seaboard block, it's kind of fun (and squishy) but I find it hard to make out where the keys are in a dark studio... I also have the Sensel Morph - also fun, OK for drums and I made my own overlays which is great (4 joys for Zebra, a Pan Drum layout etc) ...but it is small and a bit fiddley.

Then there is 'Touche', by far the easiest to work with/adapt to (even though I am not 100% convinced about the LIE software and had a few issues getiing all VSTTs to work) but it is a great 'add on' to existing hardware midi and CV synths...its probably is the one I used most often....so being it on ExpressiveE!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

gminorcoles wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:20 am maybe someone licensed the touchkeys technology
Apparently we will get a pixelator camera blur emitting device. Crackpot video.
I also have seen the Touchkeys and it seems a nice (not so new now) touch-tech.

This video looks more like a joke (editing it like this), tbh... with those pixelated scenes and crackpot opinions.

I always thought the 'Touchkeys' looked like a nice solution but its pretty expensive (I seem to remember it was about £800 for a 61 note 'kit' to add on to your own board)

Touch keys is great actually. Too bad it's only suitable for flat surfaces (standard piano keys).
With some limitations inherited by the poor design of the standard piano keys. :(
"The narrow part of the white keys senses on the long axis only."
"Pitch bend is actually a slide on the long axis only."
"Contact distinguishes between the tip and the pad of the finger, thus gives an additional control dimension."
With the last one it pretty much depends if you'd like to press the piano key or not.
Seems there is no need for keyboard if you use the standalone kit... just fix it on a piece of plywood.

Touch-capacitor sensors like on a smartphone, a data controller and features are implemented by software.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”