Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Artist 13 Cubase Elements 13 Cubase Pro 13

kdogg wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:37 am The Multi Tap delay is pure genius, could cost way more than the 60 dollar upgrade. Now we can bounce video, better project import, smart tool - it feels snappier too, mabye because they got rid of the gradient coloring on regions?

Logic Space Designer used to be an extra 300 when Logic 6 came out which was 1k. We’re talking such a small amount of money for what you get.
Steinberg duped us all though.

I can see how you feel, comes off a bit sneaky for sure. On the plus side, PadShop has been improved a lot and they even fixed the A to B mix automation bug, it would never render of bounce if automated the mix fader. Something I use a lot, stoked on that! Plus it looks damn sexy with the OSX dark theme, I ain’t gonna lie.

Sorry, i was kidding. I should really make use of smileys more frequently. ;)

Cubase is an amazing mess. It will be perfect when they streamline the workflow and clean up the GUI. Feature wise it has everything I need but I envy Logic Pro X GUI and Studio One's lightning fast workflow. Can't have everything of course :)

chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:44 am Sorry, i was kidding. I should really make use of smileys more frequently. ;)
LoL, nice :hihi:
andypryce wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:52 am Cubase is an amazing mess. It will be perfect when they streamline the workflow and clean up the GUI. Feature wise it has everything I need but I envy Logic Pro X GUI and Studio One's lightning fast workflow. Can't have everything of course :)
I always feel the same way until I go use those DAWs for a bit and realize how much more robust Cubase is. Logic’s audio file / preset browsing is pretty bad - no drag and drop from arrange to VSTs or presets to insert slots, and previewing / finding audio files is horrible. Logic is also just sloppy with audio in general, not responsive like Cubase. Studio One has a some great stuff happening with drag and drop but is a pain to automate plug ins on the fly - have to manually enable per fx, can’t detect the tempo of audio that well, horrible with huge track counts and lots of Kontakts. But it definitely feels super fast for certain things.

Definitely would love the gapless audio engine, volume and pan controls on track header etc...

kdogg wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:36 am
chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:44 am Sorry, i was kidding. I should really make use of smileys more frequently. ;)
andypryce wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:52 am Cubase is an amazing mess. It will be perfect when they streamline the workflow and clean up the GUI. Feature wise it has everything I need but I envy Logic Pro X GUI and Studio One's lightning fast workflow. Can't have everything of course :)
I always feel the same way until I go use those DAWs for a bit and realize how much more robust Cubase is. Logic’s audio file / preset browsing is pretty bad - no drag and drop from arrange to VSTs or presets to insert slots, and previewing / finding audio files is horrible. Logic is also just sloppy with audio in general, not responsive like Cubase. Studio One has a some great stuff happening with drag and drop but is a pain to automate plug ins on the fly - have to manually enable per fx, can’t detect the tempo of audio that well, horrible with huge track counts and lots of Kontakts. But it definitely feels super fast for certain things.

Definitely would love the gapless audio engine, volume and pan controls on track header etc...
Yes Logic just looks good :)
2 things I miss in Cubase is to auto change the open instrument window when changing tracks and midi cc drawing like S1

Yeah, that's great. I don't know any other DAW which actually does that.

andypryce wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:26 am
kdogg wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:36 am

Yes Logic just looks good :)
2 things I miss in Cubase is to auto change the open instrument window when changing tracks and midi cc drawing like S1
Logic is the best
On Mac of course 😊

Atlatnesiti wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:47 am ...
Logic is the best
On Mac of course 😊
Oh no it isn't!

Is the ~50 EUR upgrade price that they offer for Pro 10 -> 10.5 a time limited thing, or is it the permanent upgrade price? I've been searching in the announcements and in this thread for that info, but failed to find it.

Googly Smythe wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:32 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:47 am ...
Logic is the best
On Mac of course 😊
Oh no it isn't!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

pekadan wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:53 pm Is the ~50 EUR upgrade price that they offer for Pro 10 -> 10.5 a time limited thing, or is it the permanent upgrade price? I've been searching in the announcements and in this thread for that info, but failed to find it.
looks like it is what it is...amount displayed is not crossed so..Guys adjusted pricing...well done..
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

AcrossTheSky wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:16 pm
pekadan wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:53 pm Is the ~50 EUR upgrade price that they offer for Pro 10 -> 10.5 a time limited thing, or is it the permanent upgrade price? I've been searching in the announcements and in this thread for that info, but failed to find it.
looks like it is what it is...amount displayed is not crossed so..Guys adjusted pricing...well done..
:tu: Thanks!

This is why I mainly use Studio One (but still hold on to my Cubase 10 Licence) - It's steiny's MO to take lots of small 'paid for' steps in a direction (which seems to be to look and operate more like Studio Ones one window layout)...be done by about 12.5, no rush....a .5 here, a .5 there :wink: Cubase often has ways of doing since that seem archaic..but there is massive power and flexibility in Cubase if you need it, even if it is going through a bit of a mid life crisis/transformation since about V8...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

pekadan wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:25 pm
AcrossTheSky wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:16 pm
:tu: Thanks!
When I bought the upgrade, my purchase history with Steinberg popped up. For at least the past two full upgrade cycles, the X.5 step was $59 USD and the full step upgrade was $99 USD, so the current price seems consistent.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”