Waves announce V11...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And none of that political nonsense even has remotely to do with the topic.

Admittedly, none of that anti Microsoft political nonsense which i responded to had remotely to do with the topic either. :P

Delete (off topic)

jochicago wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:09 pm And your point about anyone using an old OS professionally, those are being supported professionally by a third party. There's a team of IT people that decided to keep that on XP and are going to answer for it if anything goes wrong. That's not the case with your computer at home. As a consumer your OS EOL is when the manufacturer says so, and those making consumer software for it have to move on.
That's exactly it. I'm sure if you run a multi-million dollar studio, arrangements can be made via the appropriate branch of your IT-department with Waves and other companies to provide extended support so you can postpone the upgrade and won't lose that $90 million production contract.

As long as you only run supported software and hardware that's meant to run on this particular OS, this is fine. However a hospital can't just buy the latest X-Ray 2020 Pro UltraRay™ Extra Crispy Edition, and expect it to work with their MS-DOS system from 1991. Just as you can continue running old music software just fine on XP and 7, but you can't expect developers to spend the time and money to make sure new software is compatible with old EOL systems.

Waves history is repeating itself.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=506272

Because of the WUP many people will leave Waves.

robotmonkey wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:30 pm
simon.a.billington wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:41 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:35 pm The Renn bundle V10 - > V11 isn't obviously an upgrade, not even an update, but some kind of unfortunate marketing gimmick.
Just reskinned. Not a gimmick as many of us are welcoming a UI design that’s clearer and easier to work with and something that looks like it’s been designed this side of the millennium.

They couldn’t really change the sound, because that would affect so many engineers and their projects stretching back a couple of decades. Keeping the “classic” sound was the only way to do it. That said, I do wish they added something extra like a second algorithm we could choose from.
Not only reskinned. There's now a frequency analyzer in RenEQ and RenChannel. RenChannel is also completely reworked not only reskinned. Frequency analyzer is actually one thing I always have missed in those plugins. I think as far as RenMaxx bundle is concerned, it's a decent upgrade and worth the WUP price. These are still eminently usable plugins all around.

Of course, they could have added some sound quality changing improvements, especially for RenVerb, for example, and just have it switchable between original version and new one like they did with the Element synth.
Oh yeah!! How the hell did I miss the analyser?!? Good point!!

I tend to turn analysers off often, just so I’d use my ears and not be distracted by those pretty waveforms. Mind you, recently I’ve been trying it out a bit and noticed how it was much faster to diagnose issues.

Prince Charles says ''For those times when you don't want to be distracted by your ears''.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:19 pm Prince Charles says ''For those times when you don't want to be distracted by your ears''.
R U sure that wasn't Elton John?

My non-v10, v11 plugins have disappeared. The v9 licenses show up, but I can find the products no where in Nuendo.

I just realized that apparently all of the Waves plugins I updated to V11 will no longer load in Tracktion Waveform 10 ("ERROR! - This plugin couldn't be loaded!"). The Waves V10 plugins fail to load in my old projects, losing all the associated settings, but I can load new versions of the V10 plugins (at the bottom of a list of 20 to 30 different copies, most of which won't load).

Contacted Tracktion tech support, since Waves doesn't offer support for it....

Have you tried restarting your computer? Sometimes a DAW gets overloaded and thinks it can't load plug-ins that normally do load.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:34 pm Have you tried restarting your computer? Sometimes a DAW gets overloaded and thinks it can't load plug-ins that normally do load.
Tried that just now... didn't help.

OK.

Even though I am aware of WUP and not keen, I can't help but love Waves plugins, I get the results I'm after from them, and when I see a bargain in the market place, I still jump maybe a bit of GAS or actual desire for good plugins. Who knows but just gotta grin and bare it with WUP.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I don’t have any reason to pay to update my many waves plugins. I have paid for WUP once since buying the platinum bundle many years ago. I use the waves stuff pretty much daily and it’s super solid ever since they dropped the iLok. I doubt I’ll be buying a current WUP until I build a system where compatibility requires it.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

thejonsolo wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:27 am My non-v10, v11 plugins have disappeared. The v9 licenses show up, but I can find the products no where in Nuendo.
Did you update anything recently?? Nuendo, Waves, OS??

Return to “Effects”