Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

For those who never even saw the original synthesizers, myself included, this is an excellent collection of instruments. Especially because there is no base to compare them against. For me, the V Collection instruments sound awesome, that's it. And for the price that you are getting it, no complains whatsoever. Pigments is amazing indeed, no doubts. :tu:

No discount for individual synths? Crap, I only want DX7.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

I am thinking about finally upgrading my VC4 to VC7 for the current offer of 99 USD. Would I be mad for not doing it?

Ohlson_M wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:21 am I am thinking about finally upgrading my VC4 to VC7 for the current offer of 99 USD. Would I be mad for not doing it?
Yes.

I just want the effects. I guess I will wait until fall or summer sale.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

If anyone has got V Collection 7, how are the Synthopedia presets? I see there are 600+ (800+ ?) of those. Could anyone please share what's their feeling about just this preset collection?

Ohlson_M wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:21 am I am thinking about finally upgrading my VC4 to VC7 for the current offer of 99 USD. Would I be mad for not doing it?
I just did exactly this upgrade. NO BRAINER !
The new additions are all more interesting than most of the synths in V4 at the price of less than $20 per synth. :tu:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are the new instruments that have been added in V Collection 5, 6 and 7:

Synclavier V
Rhodes Stage 73 V
Farfisa V
Piano V
DX7 V
CMI V
Clavinet V
Mellotron V
Synthi V
CZ V

Not to mention the updated versions.

USD 99 for all of this is a bargain imo.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:01 am
Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are the new instruments that have been added in V Collection 5, 6 and 7:

Synclavier V
Rhodes Stage 73 V
Farfisa V
Piano V
DX7 V
CMI V
Clavinet V
Mellotron V
Synthi V
CZ V

Its more than a bargain, its a manifestation of unfairnes (towards the ver. 6 owners/Arturia total heavy-investors).

Harry_HH wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:29 am

Synclavier V
Rhodes Stage 73 V
Farfisa V
Piano V
DX7 V
CMI V
Clavinet V
Mellotron V
Synthi V
CZ V

Its more than a bargain, its a manifestation of unfairnes (towards the ver. 6 owners/Arturia total heavy-investors).
I am a v6 owner who upgraded last year from v4 or something for this same deal. I don't consider it unfairness. I got the updated synths I wanted last year and have been using them regularly since then.

This year I am just not that interested in the new synths so will not upgrade. Sure, if I didn't upgrade last year and waited until this year, it would have been a better deal for me. But come on. How long is one going to sit around and wait to upgrade in the hopes of geting a good deal.

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Not a big deal to me, I have upgraded every year since the ver.3, and this year, too.
But even a child understands, that the Arturia's upgrade policy is unfair towards the long-term Arturia supporters.
They made their policy-model simple to avoid the hussle of handling different client-categories, which I understand well.
But this ratio doesn't make it a fair model. This is just a fact.
However, I can live with it. Much bigger challenge for me is, where to take all the time to use these great synths.

Synclavier V
Rhodes Stage 73 V
Farfisa V
Piano V
DX7 V
CMI V
Clavinet V
Mellotron V
Synthi V
CZ V

It's only unfair if you play by their rules. Vote with your wallet... That's what I'm doing. I'll stick to V6 until the V8 upgrade becomes available and drops to €99. That way I get ~6 new synths instead of the current 3, for the same price.

AdvancedFollower wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:53 pm

Synclavier V
Rhodes Stage 73 V
Farfisa V
Piano V
DX7 V
CMI V
Clavinet V
Mellotron V
Synthi V
CZ V

It's only unfair if you play by their rules. Vote with your wallet... That's what I'm doing. I'll stick to V6 until the V8 upgrade becomes available and drops to €99. That way I get ~6 new synths instead of the current 3, for the same price.

^^ This is what I am doing. I was holding out and hoping Arturia will so something for Black Friday with regards to the effects and owners of Collections. That didn't happen. So I sit and wait until next year to see what else is included in V8 collections or until a deal for Effects kicks in.

telecode wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:35 pm
AdvancedFollower wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:53 pm

Synclavier V
Rhodes Stage 73 V
Farfisa V
Piano V
DX7 V
CMI V
Clavinet V
Mellotron V
Synthi V
CZ V

^^ This is what I am doing. I was holding out and hoping Arturia will so something for Black Friday with regards to the effects and owners of Collections. That didn't happen. So I sit and wait until next year to see what else is included in V8 collections or until a deal for Effects kicks in.
Same here! I just bought V6 used and will wait and see what's in V8 and then wait for a similar $99 black friday type deal to upgrade then. I think I would like the Synthi and Mellotron but no rush.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:28 am For those who never even saw the original synthesizers, myself included, this is an excellent collection of instruments. Especially because there is no base to compare them against. For me, the V Collection instruments sound awesome, that's it.
Once you get to know alternatives, you may realize that some in the ARturia collection are good and some not so much. I had the V collection back at V2 I think. At the time I liked the miniV and the prophet etc. But now I don't care for them at all. I never thought I'd buy Arturia stuff again because of how much better I think the alternatives are. If you compare to The Legend as a Mini, or Repro as a prophet, they are so much better. Or the Roland Jupiter, Diva, OP-X-Pro and others. However I just bought back in since the low price was worth it for the new Digital synths they've been making like Synclavier, Fairlight, DX7, and I did enjoy the Prophet-VS (even though I don't think it quite has the bite of the original). Also happy to have the piano for times when I would use a lot of effects or the piano isn't too prominent and don't need to have a bunch of samples loaded. I would also get use from the Solina, VOX, Farfisa and maybe Buchla. Considering how many of the instruments I don't lke at all, that's a heck of a lot of stuff right there. The electric pianos imo are terrible. Compare them to the Keyscape or other EPs and it's night and day. I probably won't even install them.

Did I hear once that someone who was putting out Physically modeled organs that were highly praised went to work for Arturia and those models became the Arturia ones? The B3 sounded bad to me compared to the NI ones, but maybe the V2 fixes that. Or maybe that person only worked on the VOX and farfisa, not sure.

Return to “Instruments”