ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

msvs wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:56 am
I would give you $100 on top of what I already paid if you, please, get rid of stupid "dangle."
can I send you my paypal for the $100?
I would not hope for Black Friday deal
last year was black friday deal, this year is black friday deal
So if I spent $1000 and a new guy just bought Nexus 2, he should get $50 discount because- why exactly?
because of the time frame. If you buy the Iphone 12 and on the next days the Iphone 13 comes out, the vendor will swap it usually for the newer model. If you go there with your old Iphone 3G, you wont get anything. Quite normal, Sometimes I really dont know if some KVR guys live on the same planet like the rest of us. :help:
I can't believe you compare iPhone with synth. iPhone is a product of mass production. The synth is a tool for narrow circle of people with the special interests. You supposed to build relationships with your clients and encourage and reward their loyalty. Just like using the same plumber or painter or handyman for your house projects. You hire this same person for every project. He learns your needs. He appreciates your business. He gives you special discounts and paying more attention to details when working on your house. I do not have old G3 version of Nexus. My version is as good as the one bought 3 months ago. But over the years, I spent hundreds of dollars paying for your expansions. I was there every your release. I was listening your demos, liking your audio clips and videos, playing with your Christmas tree scavenger hunt- I played your game and pretended I enjoying it. I actually did enjoy it and I appreciate all the fun. But I was there for years, paying attention to you. Supporting you. Giving you my hard earned money. The new guy was not there. He/she does not know that you used to have codes on a Christmas calendar. He does not know that you used to only have discounts on Christmas. I know it because many years ago I was asking for discount on Easter and was told that THE ONLY time you will do discounts is Christmas. But new guy would not know this. So- we were working together, making each other happy and supporting each other. Why do you think the New Guy deserves to pay less for the same product? I thought- by listening your demos, laughing over your jokes, sharing with you my profits from what ever I earn my money I earned your special treatment. But you offer it to the new guy instead, like we never knew each other...

You thought that by laughing at jokes you deserve special treatment? Bet you won't make that mistake again...

samsam wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:44 am You thought that by laughing at jokes you deserve special treatment? Bet you won't make that mistake again...
Astralv wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:39 am
msvs wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:56 am
I would give you $100 on top of what I already paid if you, please, get rid of stupid "dangle."
can I send you my paypal for the $100?
I would not hope for Black Friday deal
last year was black friday deal, this year is black friday deal
So if I spent $1000 and a new guy just bought Nexus 2, he should get $50 discount because- why exactly?
because of the time frame. If you buy the Iphone 12 and on the next days the Iphone 13 comes out, the vendor will swap it usually for the newer model. If you go there with your old Iphone 3G, you wont get anything. Quite normal, Sometimes I really dont know if some KVR guys live on the same planet like the rest of us. :help:
I can't believe you compare iPhone with synth. iPhone is a product of mass production. The synth is a tool for narrow circle of people with the special interests. You supposed to build relationships with your clients and encourage and reward their loyalty. Just like using the same plumber or painter or handyman for your house projects. You hire this same person for every project. He learns your needs. He appreciates your business. He gives you special discounts and paying more attention to details when working on your house. I do not have old G3 version of Nexus. My version is as good as the one bought 3 months ago. But over the years, I spent hundreds of dollars paying for your expansions. I was there every your release. I was listening your demos, liking your audio clips and videos, playing with your Christmas tree scavenger hunt- I played your game and pretended I enjoying it. I actually did enjoy it and I appreciate all the fun. But I was there for years, paying attention to you. Supporting you. Giving you my hard earned money. The new guy was not there. He/she does not know that you used to have codes on a Christmas calendar. He does not know that you used to only have discounts on Christmas. I know it because many years ago I was asking for discount on Easter and was told that THE ONLY time you will do discounts is Christmas. But new guy would not know this. So- we were working together, making each other happy and supporting each other. Why do you think the New Guy deserves to pay less for the same product? I thought- by listening your demos, laughing over your jokes, sharing with you my profits from what ever I earn my money I earned your special treatment. But you offer it to the new guy instead, like we never knew each other...
Dude, I should smoke more of that stuff you smoke, then I'd probably be less worried about timing, transients and shit. :hihi:

Improved CPU performance by up to 94%
Improved preset loading times, up to 8x faster than NEXUS2

These do it for me. Nexus is already a fantastic synth, now even better!
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

They want to attract new customers, so they can laugh with more people. By the way, grace periods are really common...

ramseysounds wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:40 am Improved CPU performance by up to 94%

8x faster is insane. I wonder how fast that will be if rocking NVMe drives, these things are quick
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

mitchiemasha wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:28 pm
ramseysounds wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:40 am Improved CPU performance by up to 94%

8x faster is insane. I wonder how fast that will be if rocking NVMe drives, these things are quick
Please keep in mind those are numbers the dev posted... Take them with caution. Could also be it's just a single complex preset that loads faster and uses less cpu now that leads to that numbers :lol: We all know how marketing works.

I'm more interested in the 94 % performance boost. Doesn't this mean they have enough performance left to lower the 1 ms timer... :hihi:
Nah, I don't want to start this discussion again, I mean it.

I'm already happy about a high resolution GUI.

Of the announcements, however, I find the access to the layer arps the most interesting point till today.
This means that you can edit the melodies/elemens (arps) of the individual layers (kick, bass, melody etc.) from all SQs! This opens up a world of new possibilities.
Also in the assumption that the whole arpeggiator handling (editing, loading, saving of own arpeggios) isn't so painful small anymore.

steve.lindqvist wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:39 pm his means that you can edit the melodies/elemens (arps) of the individual layers (kick, bass, melody etc.) from all SQs! This opens up a world of new possibilities.
Couldn't we already kind of do this. I'm sure the bongos in the Beachball preset were an arp, which we could change, a different arp to the other elements. Although we can turn the arps off, there only one editable? I can't remember. I remember so presets would automatically display the right arp when going to it, earlier ones wouldn't. Something like that!!!
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

mitchiemasha wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:46 pm
steve.lindqvist wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:39 pm his means that you can edit the melodies/elemens (arps) of the individual layers (kick, bass, melody etc.) from all SQs! This opens up a world of new possibilities.
Couldn't we already kind of do this. I'm sure the bongos in the Beachball preset were an arp, which we could change, a different arp to the other elements. Although we can turn the arps off, there only one editable? I can't remember. I remember so presets would automatically display the right arp when going to it, earlier ones wouldn't. Something like that!!!
No, within a SQ or other layered more complex presets you can only turn the arp of a layer off and on back again - unless the preset is a dedicated arp preset itself. But all the fine SQ (layer) melodies are buried under the hood.

How about a screenshot Refx?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Arp editing...yes! This will be great for complex layers that I wanted to fit but the arp jacked it up!

If I were to compare with refX’ xmas sale where the discounts are “up to 50% off” and in reality just a single xp had that discount (something with drums), I would be very careful with that “up to” :)

marzelli wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:32 pm

Please keep in mind those are numbers the dev posted... Take them with caution. Could also be it's just a single complex preset that loads faster and uses less cpu now that leads to that numbers :lol: We all know how marketing works.
So what? Who cares?
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:16 pm
marzelli wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:32 pm

So what? Who cares?
I'm only saying as others pointed out too, that none could have changed and they're still be able to post such numbers. But some obviously try to jump on the hype train as soon as possible.

Return to “Instruments”