ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

I really dont care
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

hahaha "Faster, bigger, better in every way". Yes that did it for me. Don't need any other infos and I don't care. I'm in.

sircuit wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:47 pm
ramseysounds wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:40 am Improved CPU performance by up to 94%
Improved preset loading times, up to 8x faster than NEXUS2

These do it for me. Nexus is already a fantastic synth, now even better!
If I were to compare with refX’ xmas sale where the discounts are “up to 50% off” and in reality just a single xp had that discount (something with drums), I would be very careful with that “up to” :)
Good point!

steve.lindqvist wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:26 am
samsam wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:44 am You thought that by laughing at jokes you deserve special treatment? Bet you won't make that mistake again...
Astralv wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:39 am
msvs wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:56 am
I would give you $100 on top of what I already paid if you, please, get rid of stupid "dangle."
can I send you my paypal for the $100?
I would not hope for Black Friday deal
last year was black friday deal, this year is black friday deal
So if I spent $1000 and a new guy just bought Nexus 2, he should get $50 discount because- why exactly?
because of the time frame. If you buy the Iphone 12 and on the next days the Iphone 13 comes out, the vendor will swap it usually for the newer model. If you go there with your old Iphone 3G, you wont get anything. Quite normal, Sometimes I really dont know if some KVR guys live on the same planet like the rest of us. :help:
I can't believe you compare iPhone with synth. iPhone is a product of mass production. The synth is a tool for narrow circle of people with the special interests. You supposed to build relationships with your clients and encourage and reward their loyalty. Just like using the same plumber or painter or handyman for your house projects. You hire this same person for every project. He learns your needs. He appreciates your business. He gives you special discounts and paying more attention to details when working on your house. I do not have old G3 version of Nexus. My version is as good as the one bought 3 months ago. But over the years, I spent hundreds of dollars paying for your expansions. I was there every your release. I was listening your demos, liking your audio clips and videos, playing with your Christmas tree scavenger hunt- I played your game and pretended I enjoying it. I actually did enjoy it and I appreciate all the fun. But I was there for years, paying attention to you. Supporting you. Giving you my hard earned money. The new guy was not there. He/she does not know that you used to have codes on a Christmas calendar. He does not know that you used to only have discounts on Christmas. I know it because many years ago I was asking for discount on Easter and was told that THE ONLY time you will do discounts is Christmas. But new guy would not know this. So- we were working together, making each other happy and supporting each other. Why do you think the New Guy deserves to pay less for the same product? I thought- by listening your demos, laughing over your jokes, sharing with you my profits from what ever I earn my money I earned your special treatment. But you offer it to the new guy instead, like we never knew each other...
Dude, I should smoke more of that stuff you smoke, then I'd probably be less worried about timing, transients and shit. :hihi:
I am a woman, so this should explain emotional attachment and response. Supporting someone is work. Every time I have to go to someone's page it takes time. My time is priceless. If I had a friend, who would take his/her time to listen to my problems, listen to my music, listen to my future plans, listen to my stories, laugh at my joke and give me money so I can grow- I would give this friend special discount. You have to build relationships with your customers and create community. What would make people want to come back if it is not appreciated? Great product? They still need to prove that new product will be good. I spent of money on them because I could- not because I needed their product. The product is ok, but overpriced, so- yes, I supported them and deserve loyalty discount. And yes- it upsets me that new guy gets discount without investing much in to relationship. Oh, wait! Now days- there must be no relationships. Cellphone approach. By the way- the reason you get more when trade in newer model is because your used phone gets resold for profit. The new guy is not returning used Nexus to resale it. And many companies offer discounts like this: "If you own 1 product- you pay XXX, If you own 2 products, you pay XX, if you owe 3 products, you pay X." The more you spent, the more discount should be.

I am a woman
ok this explains it somehow... :hihi:
By the way- the reason you get more when trade in newer model is because your used phone gets resold for profit
of course you could sell your Nexus 2 on ebay. But then you have to buy Nexus 3 completely new - No update price then of course. Better trade your old license for some XPs (as offered by refx!) So basically you get away with nearly zero expenses. I personally dont get how there is still room for complaints. However, nothing will change no matter how much someone complains here. It is how it is. I think the Deal from reFX is VERY generous. Some other might have found a reason to think the other way. It wont matter in the end. They will do it like its announced and they are right in not flipping their mind every day because somebody doesnt like something. There will always be those people, no matter which deal you offer. I have seen complaints about FREE updates :?

msvs wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:53 am
I am a woman
ok this explains it somehow... :hihi:
Holy crap.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

they think more emotional than we men, which is a good thing

she wrotes herself
I am a woman, so this should explain emotional attachment and response.
so my response is, well, yes she is right, this explains it

I think we should just move on :) the topic is toxic enough, could you tell us the rest of the details you would tease us with? it would chill the folks :D

still no feature list update on refx.com
I guess maybe this evening or tomorrow. There are some things to come

btw the speed increase when loading: I did not measure the time when loading, but its SIGNIFICANTLY faster than in Nexus2, this I can say

8x faster?!? When was Nexus 2 slow, if you have been on Ssd's in the last 8 years or so Nexus 2 hasn't been slow at all and this is with libraries like Hollywood xps that use more samples. Smh
Where's the real feature list wtf reFx, OK you've created some controversy, no need to slow drag it. Be proud of yourself, and this 15 yr version 3 release.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

When was Nexus 2 slow, if you have been on Ssd's in the last 8 years
its still slow, if you compare to an "instant" load. Especially Hollywood patches, which can contain 1GB or more of sample data, now load significantly faster

fair enough, I can't argue with instant load times, but f**k playing these games, bring out the feature set, refx has a true customer base of users who have been using nexus for many years, myself included. They need not follow suite of these teaser release trendy f**ks.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

I'm afraid that it's very popular, thus all companies do it now. Blame the customers.

I'd personally appreciate some hard facts instead of teasers where everyone is just supposed to imagine what's coming as well.

Yet more evidence of todays instant give it to me now culture. Sad times 😕
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

all information will be fully there before release, so dont worry

Return to “Instruments”