Xils-Lab PolyKB III -Official Thread- [v3.5]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PolyKB

I'd like to see a GUI update in the future, make a ~160% scaling option. It's a bit small right now on the "wide" option on a high DPI screen

gael_ wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:20 pm I'd like to see a GUI update in the future, make a ~160% scaling option. It's a bit small right now on the "wide" option on a high DPI screen
+1...

4th GUI size : I'll fw this to Xils.
----
Intro price Promo offer has been extended with two additionnal days : Now ends June 21st (was 19th before)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

exmatproton wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:10 pm
gael_ wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:20 pm I'd like to see a GUI update in the future, make a ~160% scaling option. It's a bit small right now on the "wide" option on a high DPI screen
+1...
++ I'd love all VSTs to at least come with a 200% scaling option for 4K and higher res monitors. I just bought the D16 Group effects bundle in their sale and their Syntorus chorus has a non-resizable GUI and is the size of a postage stamp. Can mitigate this to some degree with magnification tools, but kind of breaks the workflow headspace.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I was just wondering, are PolyKB II and III identical in the "raw" sound of things like the oscillators and filters, if you don't use any of the additional features of the new version? I noticed my PolyKB III purchase came with II as well. In some cases when you don't need the additional features, using the simpler version can be easier, especially while still getting to know the synth.

AdvancedFollower wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:22 pm I was just wondering, are PolyKB II and III identical in the "raw" sound of things like the oscillators and filters, if you don't use any of the additional features of the new version?
That's what I've always assumed.
I also thought I would use v2 sometimes, more similar to the hardware layout, but I've ended up using v3 "just in case" every single time.
Anyway I guess it's nice to have the option.

Yes strictly/100% identical
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:08 am
exmatproton wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:10 pm
+1...
++ I'd love all VSTs to at least come with a 200% scaling option for 4K and higher res monitors. I just bought the D16 Group effects bundle in their sale and their Syntorus chorus has a non-resizable GUI and is the size of a postage stamp. Can mitigate this to some degree with magnification tools, but kind of breaks the workflow headspace.
Yep. I own the D16 Silverline collection and never use Syntorus because it's not worth the effort to open something so tiny when I have other tools. I know D16 is a small company, but... it's getting ridiculous as we head into 2020 not to have things we can see clearly :D PSP Audio is another one with legacy products they continue to sell without updating the UI so it can be properly used on a modern system. The only Xils I own is the Mini Syn'X (will upgrade), and it's 200% mode is glorious.

PolyKB isn't as tiny as Syntorus (which I also have), though. But more scaling options would definitely be nice. I always like to make my plugins as big as possible, since I'm not really focusing on anything else in the DAW while tweaking a softsynth. Freely resizable would be the best, but that's not really feasible with bitmap-based GUIs.

Trying the demo out for this synth, but can't figure out how to midi map my Novation SL.. nor other controllers..
Is there some sort of video tutorials out here, on how to perform midi learn correctly? I've tried mapping multiple controllers, but can't figure it out, I have dedicated cc's on my controller,but polykb 3 doesn't pick them up.. I've tried reading the manual as well, but can't seem to figure this out.. is this a limitation of the demo? thnx in advance ;)
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

trusampler wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:24 am Trying the demo out for this synth, but can't figure out how to midi map my Novation SL.. nor other controllers..
Is there some sort of video tutorials out here, on how to perform midi learn correctly? I've tried mapping multiple controllers, but can't figure it out, I have dedicated cc's on my controller,but polykb 3 doesn't pick them up.. I've tried reading the manual as well, but can't seem to figure this out.. is this a limitation of the demo? thnx in advance ;)
Not sure about differences between the demo and normal, but with me (running latest version 3.6) you go to settings cog in the menu (to the left of the question mark), select "Open MIDI Settings Panel". I don't currently have a midi controller attached, just two MIDI keyboards without assignable controls, but I think if you do then the Midi Controllers option becomes available.

What may not be obvious is that you can click where it says [Parameters] to reveal a menu that enables you to select the particular element of the synth you wish to control via CC.
PKB3.png
Edit: Just attached an Amateur Beatstep (as I like to call the non Pro version) and can confirm mapping works fine. You just have to assign the thing you want to affect via the [Parameters] menu, click Learning so it's active, waggle control and the controller number then shows up in that controller box.
PKB3_CC.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Are you safe?

Thanks for the reply here..

It's not working correctly, after wiggling a controller, no page of parameters show up, plus the small window opens up in the ui, and covers a good portion of the ui, so we can't properly choose the controller either way. Seems like a right click midi learn would have worked far more superior here..

anyhoo thanks for the reply,perhaps its a restriction of the demo.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ

trusampler wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:15 pm Thanks for the reply here..

It's not working correctly, after wiggling a controller, no page of parameters show up, plus the small window opens up in the ui, and covers a good portion of the ui, so we can't properly choose the controller either way. Seems like a right click midi learn would have worked far more superior here..

anyhoo thanks for the reply,perhaps its a restriction of the demo.
You have to click where it says [Parameters]
An easier way is to press Control + Alt on your keyboard and then left click on the knob you want to assign. That way it shows the knob instantly.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

I did state the order to do things in. Select parameter first before waggling commences, no premature waggling!

Are you safe?

Thanks guys, I'll give that a go. Ctrl + ALT plus the left click, works here.. thnx again :tu:

Return to “Instruments”