d16 announces Godfazer - Advanced modulation unit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, two days to go, still not decided. It's definitely an interesting plugin.

What I really like is the interface. It's a joy to use and the semi-modular approach is nice.
I think I like it best for very subtle modulation or extreme filter modulation (Chaos theory preset is so nice! Thinking about buying it just for this one preset). But for me it's only working ok as a 'in your face' phaser sound.

The phasers are somehow often a bit too broad resonant sounding, like a peak with a low Q factor for my ears, regardless of the emphasis setting and too clean. For my ears all phasers share a similar sound, they seems not to be so different. Any other opinions about this?

I like extreme colouration and smooth creamy sound. Maybe the used phaser models are just not my taste, there are a lot of different designs out there. It's not about bad or good, just about personal taste.

On my side, I really enjoy them, I like that they can go from very subtle spatial and tonal changes to deeply coloured settings.
I also really enjoy the well balanced featureset.

It`s the first d16 (upgrade) I procrastinate a purchase, very undecided as well.

What is it?
Bad timing, the idea to keep every cent together for BF?
Hows about to keep upgrade price open and not time limited?
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

:!: Last day to use the coupon at the D16 shop.

I'd like to have it, but not enough to use the coupon. *shrug* Their other tools + other tools I have work just fine.

I finally bought it. The effect design is really great and fun to use and due to this you get good results quickly.

But my concern stay the same. I miss more strong and good sounding character or colourizing filters. I miss the good dirt from analog units. Actually that's the sound I'm looking for. For me godfazer often sounds too clean an boring (it's taste, not saying that the filters are bad). On the other hand, clean filters make the unit better to use on already dirty material.

I would love to hear some a/b comparisons between the modelled units and godfazor. Could be that I'm wrong and that these vintage units don't show so much colouration as I remember.

Unfortunately d16 seems not to update their plugins often, so I have not much hope in this regard to get more dirt. But maybe I'm wrong in this case.
Last edited by midi_transmission on Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.

One thing I'm experimenting with at the moment is to add a good and very subtle tube distortion after it. So far this seems to help in some cases. Especially the EQ filters get a bit more grit, which I like. But I have try it on more material.

I love the clean sound of Godfazer and the other D16 plugins. It's great to have a set of creative, FSU-type effects that don't make stuff sound gritty/dirty in the process unless you really push for that.

I've been playing around with Godfazer a bit over the last few days, and I think I would've had a hard time passing on the €35 intro price they gave me if I hadn't happened to win their entire collection in the charity auction a couple of weeks ago.

You can throw pretty much anything at this plugin and get useful results. If I was into drum loops I'd be busy running them all through Godfazer and saving anything that sounded good along the way.

Once again D16 Group has created a winner. This is a modulation beast! I can't wait to experiment more.

Got Godfazer last Friday for 29 Euro, already made some use of it :) Plenty of options for every need and purpose.

Especially stepped phaser is the selling point for me. Quite unique feature - Hybrid 3 also has it, but it's a synth and not universal FX.

Interface is usable and streamlined as usual for D16, but this time it's really pretty. It's large and looks great at 4K monitor with extra details.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

i have a coupon for 25€ :3
tempted

Ploki wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:19 pm i have a coupon for 25€ :3
tempted
Ploki wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:08 pm I tried Godfazer and Fazortan yesterday and Godfazer... is so much more than Fazortan. also sounds juicier.
I think you've already put it in your cart. :hihi:

...I just realized this thing is one of the very few sound effects I actually bought. Others were either free or are specific mixing tools / utilities.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:27 pm
Ploki wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:19 pm i have a coupon for 25€ :3
tempted
Ploki wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:08 pm I tried Godfazer and Fazortan yesterday and Godfazer... is so much more than Fazortan. also sounds juicier.
I think you've already put it in your cart. :hihi:
i did, i didn't confirm it yet.
at 25€ it's a nobrainer tho, it's a great sounding phase alone - and i'm talking about a single phaser module, not the second module and ensemble module.

I wanted to read about Godfazer and found religious gibberish.

Return to “Effects”