Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Icarus is not tied to a specific style at all, it simply has one of the best wavetable-resynthesis algos available and is a great tool to create wavetables which can be used in other WT synths. Besides that it's a versatile synth with decent effects and filters and plenty of modulators. Every style which includes electronic sounds can be produced with Icarus.

Nena2 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:13 am I think this Tone2 product is made for EDM music. As I think Tone2 all products are for EDM.
I think you're wrong. You can use any of their synths for whatever style of music you want, not just EDM.

When I grow up I will make EDM. Right now, I make EBM (Electronic Baby Music). I want to buy Tone2 synths but my mommy won't give me her credit card. :cry:

Frantz wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:00 pm When I grow up I will make EDM. Right now, I make EBM (Electronic Baby Music). I want to buy Tone2 synths but my mommy won't give me her credit card. :cry:
The EBM Is A Killer
:lol:

Nena2 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:13 am When people say things like "I'm going to eat it" and so on. That indicates it's young people.
Really? Maybe they think it is a non-question.

I am 25 years in this business and i don't believe Tone2's synths are made for 1 general target group or genre. Some synths are (hell, some are even called what genre they are for).

I use Tone2's synths for IDM, Ambient, Prog.Rock, Dub, 80's and 90's electro "pop"......Really, one can use them for so many genres (as is the case with MANY synths and workstations).

When a synth is versatile, it's use can be pretty endless in terms of in which genres it is going to be used.

I also believe it is quite, well, stupid to be honest to link a DAW to a certain age group. Most young producers i know use really anything they like. From FL Studio to Ableton to Cubase to Reaper...really, whatever suits them.

No 1 in the current EBM charts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyTl02DmQNU

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:15 pm No 1 in the current EBM charts:

Is that from a sample pack or ROMpler?

tasty tatsyn wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:25 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:15 pm No 1 in the current EBM charts:

Is that from a sample pack or ROMpler?
Construction kit for EBM producers, you have to testify that you're under 2 years old though.

LOL

out of the upmost respect for Markus I am now unlocking this...any posts that are out of line will be gone...one member was suspended and another warned...stay on topic please and apologies to Markus for having to do a temp lock

edit: roughly 20 posts deleted in two days, one member suspended another warned...do not continue such nonsense
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

:hug:

Hink wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:31 pm out of the upmost respect for Markus I am now unlocking this...any posts that are out of line will be gone...one member was suspended and another warned...stay on topic please and apologies to Markus for having to do a temp lock

edit: roughly 20 posts deleted in two days, one member suspended another warned...do not continue such nonsense
:tu:

JunSev wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:41 pm
MorpherX wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:50 pm Request:
Choosing between 12 different ARPs, Drum- and Glitch-Sequences via Keyboard.

Would it possible, in a later update, to offer the option of choosing ARPs, Drum- and Glitch-Sequences via Keyboard in the lowest or highest Octave.
This would be very usefull if you offer such Sequencers, so that a user can play more then one ARP, Drum....etc. with on istance of Icarus 2.
An example for this feature is microtonic (analog drum vsti).
This would be indeed very musical and useful (if possible), it is something like the HY-plugins (from where I have all his sequencers :phones: ) so you can change the current patterns/sequences in real time by keyboard mapping.
I repeat this request because it went under the radar

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:52 am A midi trigger for pattern changes is indeed very cool. Sugar Bytes do this with their Effectrix plugin. The coolest thing about it is that the pattern changer is also an automatable parameter. So it can be automated as one of 12 values, or triggered by the notes in a single midi note octave.
+ 1

Return to “Instruments”