[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:29 pm As promised, here's the video of what's happening...... I'd post it on the presonus forum for people to chew over but I'm not privileged enough any more because of one (or two bad mods) that had a grudge over my valid criticisms about Studio One.

I wonder why ? :lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Small update released today. Seems to focus mostly on FaderPort improvements.
Version 4.5.5 Release Notes (November 19, 2019): 
New features and improvements: 
● [FaderPort 8/16] Added auto-fill mode for Plug-in parameters 
● [FaderPort 8/16] Added Control Link paging 
● [FaderPort 8/16] Updated parameter mapping for stock instruments (Mojito, Presence XT,  Impact XT, MaiTai) 
● [FaderPort 8/16] Added “Cue Mix” control 
● [FaderPort 8/16] Added “Channel Gain” control 
● [FaderPort 8/16] Added channel volume reset to default value (shift + touch fader) 

The following issues have been fixed: 
● [macOS ≥10.14] Some eLicenser™ protected plug-ins won’t load 
● [Impact XT] "Velocity Strength" is not remote controllable

AdvancedFollower:
Small update released today. Seems to focus mostly on FaderPort improvements.
I don't have either of these, not really sure where I'd be able to put it to serve any practicality with the way I have things setup, but anyway given that this update is pretty much bare thin in comparison to the previous updates, pretty much indicates that development of version 5 of Studio One, has been well under way for the past few months, which if release history patterns follow..is only 6 months away.

It doesn't take quite as much time in updating page one, in formatting the release notes.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Seems like we'll have Studio One v4.6 coming before v5 and it's going to be soon according to here:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/presonus-s ... oirAwtMNR8

:wink:

trancema wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:36 am Seems like we'll have Studio One v4.6 coming before v5 and it's going to be soon according to here:

Maybe they just decided to call what was going to be the .6 release .55...they picture is all FaderPort
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:41 am
trancema wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:36 am Seems like we'll have Studio One v4.6 coming before v5 and it's going to be soon according to here:

Maybe they just decided to call what was going to be the .6 release .55...they picture is all FaderPort
hmm...According to comments on fb, this event will showcase upcoming 4.6 release but it's not clear will the release be on the same day (December 4th)

Just seems a bit of a coincidence the picture is with a FaderPort and very close together (week after next)...But I hope its another release with more features as I dont have a Faderport!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:01 pm Just seems a bit of a coincidence the picture is with a FaderPort and very close together (week after next)...But I hope its another release with more features as I dont have a Faderport!
I understand. I guess we'll find out on December 4th, if not earlier :wink:

If it was for me, Presonus Software can take all the time they need to release version 5... actually i want to shout "Brr Fury, BRRR!!" at them. I hope they do not copy the release cycle of Cubase. Although i fear that every company has to keep the ball running these days... screw that "new and shiny" thing the people are so after these days.

Anyway, my own decision whether or not i will upgrade, of course. I surely won't pay full price for another upgrade, though. If then, i'll buy it on discount. If even. I'm sure the real benefit of another major version will be absolutely neglectable.

I like new and shiny, but will still wait for 5.1 before updating after having bit of a fiasco with the V4 update! :-)

SLiC wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:53 pm I like new and shiny
Who doesn't. :) It's just that i'm not only in it for the new and shiny... i mean, come on, bring on some features, and then release a new version number, which is really worth it, and not 170 € for some minor differences. 170 € is almost 50% of what you pay for the full deal. Is it really 50% more features and functionality? No way.

Who am i talking to actually? Presonus, are you listening? :lol:

I can just see that Presonus Studio One event in London being invaded by Boris Johnson and Jeramy Corbyn rolling in on their tricycles...Corbyn holding a copy of Cubase in one hand for the red team, no doubt..

That 4.6 could very well just be a typo..
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Presonus, Steinberg need to do a better job marketing to younger audiences for producers, engineers. You can keep going for the customer who can't keep up with the times and production styles for today's music.

Just got my ticket.

See you there?
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

rmacattack wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:56 pm Presonus, Steinberg need to do a better job marketing to younger audiences for producers, engineers. You can keep going for the customer who can't keep up with the times and production styles for today's music.
What do you mean by younger exactly?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”