Arturia VCollection 7 Official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

telecode wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:01 pm FWIW.. its good to still have access to V6 if you have V7. I have found I still use some V1 versions of them. Especially the Jupiter. For some strange reason the V1 of Jup feels and sounds better . I cant explain.
I guess you know that some moments in engine was changed in Jup v2, for example range of lfo frequency been decreased a bit, who know what else. Though I'm not sure that such little details could palpable change result sound, but nonetheless.

mladi wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:45 pm
Ohlson_M wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:30 pm Finally upgraded from v4 to v7.

For 99 USD, I knew that not even a GAS (gear acquistion syndrome)-clinic would stop me.
Same here! Now i have found the freedom not to update before v10 arrive.. :lol:
Same :) It’s relieving in a sense, since the pressure to upgrade intensifies for each version.

But now with all the additions and improvements in v7, from a v4-perspective, I feel like I have synthesis power for 100 life times and then some. I will very much likely NOT upgrade for the next couple of years, unless Arturia decides to add something truly spectacular in the coming versions.

For 99 USD, I knew that not even a GAS (gear acquistion syndrome)-clinic would stop me.
Same here only installed a few so far try them out Synclavier is the most interesting for me. Also the Buchla seems to be the 2 i will never ever see for real. Maybe one day

c_voltage wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:54 pm
telecode wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:01 pm FWIW.. its good to still have access to V6 if you have V7. I have found I still use some V1 versions of them. Especially the Jupiter. For some strange reason the V1 of Jup feels and sounds better . I cant explain.
I guess you know that some moments in engine was changed in Jup v2, for example range of lfo frequency been decreased a bit, who know what else. Though I'm not sure that such little details could palpable change result sound, but nonetheless.
nope. didnt know that. maybe that explains the perceived difference in sound.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

mladi wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:16 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:52 pm
mladi wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:45 pm

Same here! Now i have found the freedom not to update before v10 arrive.. :lol:
Until V8 goes on sale for $99 next year. ;)
I resist to upgrade to v5 and v6 so i'm somehow exercised (hopefully).. :cry:
Indeed you are, and a good decision to upgrade at that price from V4 to V7. :tu:

AdvancedFollower wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:47 pmAlso, you get the Prophet VS with Arturia's version, which really broadens the sonic palette.
Ah, but you get RePro 1 with u-he and I find RePro 1 far more useful than RePro 5. It just sounds better.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I think the main question is getting Pigments or the VCollection. Pigments is the new stuff, collection is the old (ok, there are some new instruments). I had my decision.

dune_rave wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:16 am I think the main question is getting Pigments or the VCollection. Pigments is the new stuff, collection is the old (ok, there are some new instruments). I had my decision.
Pigments or V Collection? - if you can afford, both :)

the joystick of synthie V is realy nice, after long thinking i updated from V6 and was very happy about.
The 800 additional Presets are excelent

sacer wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:56 am the joystick of synthie V is realy nice, after long thinking i updated from V6 and was very happy about.
The 800 additional Presets are excelent
I am in the same boat and this is helpful to know. :tu:

Lotuz2019 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:17 pm
Caine123 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:15 am How is the sound/sampling in mellotron? Are you finding it nice sounding? For 99 bucks for 3 new synths and more sounds it is tempting
It sure is tempting. I think it's a cool VSTi. Have tested the demo a couple of months ago and I like the interface and the lofi sound it adds to your own samples. I've been trying to recreate it with Halion and lofi plugins, but it's not the same experience.

There was one thing I'd like to see improved though and that's the ability to load one sample per key instead of one sample per three keys. Hopefully that's been addressed already or will be soon.
Still hoping for the ability to load 35 samples per track. And if this is added, then I'd like to see a sample import feature that recognizes the key in the name of the sample file like Halion can. That would be very handy and timesaving if you want to import 35 samples per track. Much more convenient than drag & drop.

Also on my wish list is an ageing feature for each separate tape including dropouts. I know, I could fabricate my own aged tapes using a plugin like ToneBoosters ReelBus 4 or Audiothing Reels in my wave editor for example, and that would save CPU, but to have this inside Mellotron V would be nice though.

And besides Mechanics and Noise a Hum feature would be welcome too. This shouldn't be hard to add to Mellotron V, I guess. You could add and insert effect that produces hum, but again to have this inside Mellotron V...

BONES wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:24 am
AdvancedFollower wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:47 pmAlso, you get the Prophet VS with Arturia's version, which really broadens the sonic palette.
Ah, but you get RePro 1 with u-he and I find RePro 1 far more useful than RePro 5. It just sounds better.
Agree, and one tasty detail in the Repro1, you can’t find in many (no other?) modellings (unfortunately): namely ability to record by the keyboard input the arp pattern.

I know nothing about this collection. Can somebody confirm Modular V2 is the current version contained in V Collection 7? The Arturia site isn't specific on this.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:18 am I know nothing about this collection. Can somebody confirm Modular V2 is the current version contained in V Collection 7? The Arturia site isn't specific on this.
No, Modular V is already at V3.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:36 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:18 am I know nothing about this collection. Can somebody confirm Modular V2 is the current version contained in V Collection 7? The Arturia site isn't specific on this.
No, Modular V is already at V3.
Ah, brilliant. Thanks.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Instruments”