Call to Action: Charity 2019 ($31075 raised, charity ended)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mlilley2001 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:20 pm double hooray - I've been contacted by Roli!
Same, 1hr ago, for my fxpansion.com account details.

yay, almost there! :)

foosnark wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:46 pm Until now I wasn't aware that UPS had "toddler on a tricycle" as one of its delivery options, but that seems to be what Sequential chose :hihi: I can't fault them for choosing the cheapest method though, I'm just impatient to play with the new toy...
you're lucky, dhl seem to have been forced to take on snails. email on the 4th saying delivery by end of day on 5th.
email on 6th your parcel will be with you tomorrow.
was sat in the local office for 2 bloody days, i could have walked there for it!

vurt wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:24 pmyou're lucky, dhl seem to have been forced to take on snails. email on the 4th saying delivery by end of day on 5th.
email on 6th your parcel will be with you tomorrow.
was sat in the local office for 2 bloody days, i could have walked there for it!
DHL is weird. Sometimes packages arrive almost before they are shipped, other times I think they bury packages in the soil for a while and let them age with the kimchi.

It depends on where you live also! I had to obtain a clearance from Greece and the DHL office there was so fast and friendly. They went to the office and obtained the clearance and then sent it to me (in New Zealand) in 3 days total.
After two weeks, the NZ DHL delivered it to me :nutter:
NZ DHL was the worst DHL I've ever dealt with, after that they sent me email hoping that I'm satisfied with their service! So, in short, know your DHL!

EnGee wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:17 pm It depends on where you live also! I had to obtain a clearance from Greece and the DHL office there was so fast and friendly. They went to the office and obtained the clearance and then sent it to me (in New Zealand) in 3 days total.
After two weeks, the NZ DHL delivered it to me :nutter:
NZ DHL was the worst DHL I've ever dealt with, after that they sent me email hoping that I'm satisfied with their service! So, in short, know your DHL!
I got a microphone DHL-ed from Sweden to Australia in less than 3 days from completing the order over email !! I couldn't post a letter to next door and get it there in that time.

foosnark wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:46 pm Until now I wasn't aware that UPS had "toddler on a tricycle" as one of its delivery options, but that seems to be what Sequential chose :hihi: I can't fault them for choosing the cheapest method though, I'm just impatient to play with the new toy...
Aha.. try_cycle across the ocean... mine comes by South San Francisco,>Oakland, CA, >Louisville, KY>Philadelphia, PA, >Stansted, United Kingdom, >Stanford Le Hope, UK this morning
arrived UK last night... arrives Monday... yeah, poor toddler from Stanford Le Hope,
to me... 3 days peddling... maybe I should get some candy in as reward.

In the meantime>> waiting, waiting.. waiting, thumbs twiddling ;)

toonertik wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:48 pmmine comes by South San Francisco,>Oakland, CA, >Louisville, KY>Philadelphia, PA, >Stansted, United Kingdom, >Stanford Le Hope, UK this morning
arrived UK last night... arrives Monday...
That's a busy toddler... I'm about 1/3 of that distance, but it's still due to arrive Monday. Seems to be taking a break in Lenexa, KS all day.

our gear gets better holidays than us :lol:

toonertik wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:48 pm
Aha.. try_cycle across the ocean... mine comes by South San Francisco,>Oakland, CA, >Louisville, KY>Philadelphia, PA, >Stansted, United Kingdom, >Stanford Le Hope, UK this morning
arrived UK last night... arrives Monday... yeah, poor toddler from Stanford Le Hope,
to me... 3 days peddling... maybe I should get some candy in as reward.

well you got plenty to be twiddling till monday so let's hear it!

Received the Focusrite Scarlett 8I6 from the main Auction(the add onsfrom the second hand auction area). Thank you to Simon at Focusrite and everyone involved with the charity auction.

vurt wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:22 pm
toonertik wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:48 pm
well you got plenty to be twiddling till monday so let's hear it!
Here's one I did a few days ago...
The patch I have running now is cool for hours of playing... but I haven't managed to get a decent recording yet... and the new toy arrives a morrow... :hyper:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=534822

Got the DSM-03 and am messing with it right now. :tu: That's everything for me!

foosnark wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:17 pm Got the DSM-03 and am messing with it right now. :tu: That's everything for me!
I got mine 10am UK time...
had a go with it in isolation from my ongoing patch... :love:

Then found a fitting sound to add to this ongoing mad groove...

Really very happy to have this unit... if not for the auction, I would never even have known about it.
:tu:

I'm not sure whether it's going to be a long-term keeper for me -- but playing with it tonight did inspire a bouncy new track, so maybe it will survive on its own merits instead of my original expectations :)

mlilley2001 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:20 pm double hooray - I've been contacted by Roli!
Edit: everything good now, got BFD3 + expansion license today.
------------
Glad to participate in auction and my appreciation to Luftrum. Certainly a huge task to coordinate ... remembering the focus of charities that benefited for many years not just the awesome deals on software they also got us.
:clap: :band: :clap:
:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

Return to “Instruments”