Record sounds from Youtube into my DAW

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to record a sound direkt from a youtube video I am watching, in to my DAW.
I am using MIxcraft, Reaper and Waveform 9.

Cheers
classic

Your soundcard should have the feature "Record what you hear" or have patching / mixing capabilities for this.

Otherwise google "youtube rip mp3" and import that as an audio track.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

yes.

There are probably easy ways of routing audio between applications. However, like someone has already mentioned, you can rip audio using various browser add-ons. My advice, if it’s something you are going to want to do regularly is to use jdownloader. It’s an external standalone app that supports drag’n’drop of url’s, handles video and various audio codecs, and allows bandwidth allocation etc.

BertKoor wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:43 am Your soundcard should have the feature "Record what you hear" or have patching / mixing capabilities for this.
Yep. If that's not enough, you might need to use some virtual cables or routing. Just over last few days I had some success with VoiceMeeter, which seems to be a very popular tool.

That's for Windows. Under Mac it's simpler since audio routing is standardized.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:07 pm
Yep. If that's not enough, you might need to use some virtual cables or routing. Just over last few days I had some success with VoiceMeeter, which seems to be a very popular tool.
I just downloaded and tried Voicemeeter and can confirm it also works in my setup.

Is there any DAW which can't itself listen and record to the audio outed from the system ? I'm pretty sure that there is no need of any plugin for that purpose.
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Audacity can record whatever sounds your PC's speakers are playing.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

other than the options above, you can just download the audio from youtube and import it into your DAW pretty easily.
there are always sites up that do the downloading for you, they dont last long but there is always a couple of active ones at any given time. failing that you can do it manually, but its more hassle than using a site that has everything built in ready to go with the cut and paste of a link.

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

If you're on a mac get "Soundflower". Just select Soundflower as system default output device and in your DAW select Soundflower as input device and record whatever plays on your machine :D
Bitwig

windows 10 hid the 'stereo' record feature, you have to unhide it through a rightclick menu in the devices window. but you can do something like install virtual audio cable and che audio, switch chrome from your realtek soundcard (or whatever) to the virtual audio cable within che and choose virtual audio cable as the recording source inside your daw. audiomulch makes that easy with the sound in or aux in. now you won't hear chrome audio unless your daw is loaded, and if you use an effect on it, the only way you will hear the dry signal is with the plugins wet mix less than hundred percent.

total recorder is very easy to use
try the demo first to make sure it does what you want on your machine

http://www.totalrecorder.com/

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”