N.I. Straylight...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

enCiphered wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:44 pmAmazing!
Imagine all the Sample Logic stuff with their superb randomization engines supporting sample import... Would be insane!
I'd bet they're already on it and figuring things out.

Does anyone know what the limitations of the demo are?

an unexpected and welcome upgrade ...

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:55 pm
enCiphered wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:44 pmAmazing!
Imagine all the Sample Logic stuff with their superb randomization engines supporting sample import... Would be insane!
I'd bet they're already on it and figuring things out.
Crossing fingers :party:
There are so many lovely libraries out there where sample import makes so much sense for sound designers and composers.. Sample Logic for the randomization, In Session audio´s riff generation would also be an instant buy for me if this was possible.
I wonder what took so long for NI to implement this. I mean, it was always possible in other software plugins

enCiphered wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:05 pmI wonder what took so long for NI to implement this. I mean, it was always possible in other software plugins
It was really complicated to add it due to the way Kontakt's audio engine is structured in the codebase... REALLY complicated.

(As for Riff Generation... not impossible, but it does add some complications related to some parts of its generative engine.)

So then i hope one day i can drop and drag samples into Heavyocity engines like NOVO, Gravity etc.
If i now could just drop and drag my EXS24 files into it......:)
I also wished Kontakt includes an auto sampler (not as limited as the one in Mainstage).

It's up to Heavyocity to update their libraries with that feature, so I suppose contacting their support and expressing that request would be the way to go.

Auto-sampler in Kontakt ain't happening.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:57 pm It's up to Heavyocity to update their libraries with that feature, so I suppose contacting their support and expressing that request would be the way to go.

Auto-sampler in Kontakt ain't happening.
isnt it only just available to creators?
might take a day or two before they're all updated even? (another thread mentions people aremt seeing the update yet).

No, it's available to everyone really, since it's a KSP feature. So you gotta script it. But the demo instrument that comes with Creator Tools shows how to do it.

Will Straylight 1.5 still melt my SandyBridge i7?

Yeah the engine stayed the same, it just got new FX and user samples loading.

50% off NI sale has started, but seems like Straylight price was bumped up to $200, and it is now $100. I believe it was $149, isn't it?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:17 am 50% off NI sale has started, but seems like Straylight price was bumped up to $200, and it is now $100. I believe it was $149, isn't it?
Yes, it was 149$. Same dubious price adjustment as with Super8.
NI, I'm not amused.

Calenberger wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:59 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:17 am 50% off NI sale has started, but seems like Straylight price was bumped up to $200, and it is now $100. I believe it was $149, isn't it?
Yes, it was 149$. Same dubious price adjustment as with Super8.
NI, I'm not amused.
Oh no!
Indeed. By the way, same thing happened with Modular Icons not so long ago. $49 to $69. :?

It's a shame, really that NI uses shyster tricks like that...

Return to “Instruments”