Wusik round of bug-fixes for all products

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:06 amBut the files there are from March 6th and March 7th. Are these the ones you are referring to?
Yeah, I think those are the ones I updated a while ago. Click on Show All Files and see if there's no BETA files there. :oops:

Anyone tested the new OSX Installers?

So many threads for Wusik :) I think that each product has its own thread, some even several. There were bugs and future request there and as I can see you missed some of those. People interested in those products are following those threads while I stumbled upon this new thread by accident. Ok, I get it that you wanna sum up all bugs but you could comment to notify users there about this new one.

Wusik x42: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=522271&p=7556227#p7556227
On that link you have in detail about my issues and also I made a video demonstration.
In short Wusik x42 doesnt work in Element standalone. Pro version is now free so you can test it, link in the other thread.
Minor: stall when opening x42 vst plugin gui, especially for the first time.
Future request: add optional Wusik x42 branding when making plugins like jbridge does. Why is needed and screens are on the link.

Systems specs: Win10, 16gb ddr4, i7-6700

Like other mentioned in Wusik ZR thread, Im also experiencing high cpu usage. At least last time when I tried it. Not sure that qualify as a bug. Its not priority for me but didnt see it was mentioned.

I got your other post, so thanks. :cool: I will reply further X42 here instead, ok?

Ok 👍

As for the request of dual names like you mentioned on the other thread, the problem is the ID. In the end, you would have problems with that as most daws use the ID, not just the name. If you only want to use the MIDI Processor you should use Wusik P2000 instead, as Wusik X42 is mainly focused on Bridging. ;-)

I will address the other problems next week. Had a bath couple of weeks here (mentally) but I'm getting better now. :party:

Cheers, WilliamK

On OSX, I'm still having problems getting Wusik Station / 8008 / EVE to validate. I get an error on the FIRST TIME open, and it doesn't even touch my code during debugging, so I can't check what happened exactly. Anyone knows some site I can get info on what the AU Validator does in this FIRST TIME call? I couldn't find anything so far... specially about the error I'm getting. I already lost 2 months on this error alone and it is affecting my mental health severely, sadly. :cry:

WilliamK wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:22 pm On OSX, I'm still having problems getting Wusik Station / 8008 / EVE to validate. I get an error on the FIRST TIME open, and it doesn't even touch my code during debugging, so I can't check what happened exactly. Anyone knows some site I can get info on what the AU Validator does in this FIRST TIME call? I couldn't find anything so far... specially about the error I'm getting. I already lost 2 months on this error alone and it is affecting my mental health severely, sadly. :cry:
For what I've been reading, AUval is buggy since a very long time. I think you need to restart the system before trying to validate the plug-ins.
Fernando (FMR)

WilliamK wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:20 pm As for the request of dual names like you mentioned on the other thread, the problem is the ID. In the end, you would have problems with that as most daws use the ID, not just the name.
013.jpg
As you can see in the pic jBridge also doesnt change ID. Software author warn us not to use both but didnt have problems having both in the vsts paths so far. Maybe you can warn to use this at our risk?
So far, Reaper: using jbridged, native bridged and x42 custom renamed: no problems.
Maschine, jbridged and x42 custom renamed: no problems.
Dont know how to explain, having only x42 is risky for me. Mangle vst doesnt even work when x42 bridged, crashes daw, for example. What to do in such case, to close daw, start again and remove paths so daw see original again? Reaper sometimes blacklist older version so then "clear cache and rescan" which could take forever and also clears custom plugins names... Scenario where are both vst versions are available to daw: daw crashes, just restart daw and use original this time. Back and running in a few minutes.
I suggested but its up to you if you want to implement such option. Like I suggested it should be optional (in jbridge it isnt).

On a side note, irrelevant for me but maybe important from developer side, I see in that pic that x42 did actually change ID but lets assume it didnt because you might change that.
WilliamK wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:20 pm If you only want to use the MIDI Processor you should use Wusik P2000 instead, as Wusik X42 is mainly focused on Bridging. ;-)
Yeah, that was my main idea before, but until multiple plugins crackles bug is resolved in p2000...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just some news from me. I'm working better now, almost at 100% speed. ;-) I was slow for 2 months. I got stuck with a problem in OSX Logic not validating any of the main products and that messed with my head as I couldn't figure the problem out. I now have a solution, just need to put it down in terms of coding. This will also help Windows users, as the new code will separate the App/Plugin using a new service/call. This will also protect any Host/DAW from crashing if the plugin crashes. Is a great new feature I'm working for all products, including Wusik Station V9. This will be free for those who purchased any previous product, so don't worry. This also pushed everything down 2 months, sadly, sorry for that. But life gets in the way sometimes. And in my case, bugs... :-o

Cheers, WilliamK

Guys, I need some BRAVE dudes to test out my latest code for Wusik Station V9. Windows only for now. You need a full version of Wusik Station V9 to test this one out.

https://www.wusik.com/download/betas/WI ... 7_2019.zip

Use the VST2/VST3/EXE file you want to test. Place the extra files from the Wusik Engine Data folder into your Wusik Engine Data folder.

Now, what the new codes do is create an external process for the main plugin code. So if the plugin crashes it doesn't affect the DAW/Host. :-o

This is a new code I'm testing, which I will port to all Bridge code including X42 when possible. This new code should run better too helping those other products. If all works great, I will put this for ALL products. So when you install a product it asks if you want the crash-protection version or the regular version.

What should I name this feature, btw?

Cheers, WilliamK

Has anyone tried x42 with soniccharge microtonic / synplant? Looking to get 4x oversampling rather than bit bridging

I just uploaded a quick fix for Wusik ZR OSX version. It was loading the wrong Internal VST Effects files in the previous version. I will do a proper release along with everything else later on or maybe by next month.

Cheers

focusrite wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:55 pm Has anyone tried x42 with soniccharge microtonic / synplant? Looking to get 4x oversampling rather than bit bridging
Just tried the demo. It doesn't follow host clock / start stop nor will it allow oversampling :neutral:

Oops, that's a first, will put on the list to fix. :dog:

Return to “Instruments”