Focusrite Plugin Collective

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Exponential Audio: R2

I just found something called Sonible x Focusrite Balancer in my account.

Sciurus wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:26 pm I just found something called Sonible x Focusrite Balancer in my account.
Interesting.

They haven't updated the plugin collective page yet.

This one looks like an exclusive developed for the plugin collective. Probably a cut down version of one of their other plugins. Sonible is an interesting company so I'm definitely curious.

Reminds me a of iZotope Neutrino & Neutron's EQ Learn feature, here's a more in-depth look https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/ ... 0010443839

Focusrite have put up a demo video of the balancer plugin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H3YngsYRBQ

This round of Plugin Collective ends on January 16th. They've also brought back the UJam Iron and Mastering the Mix promos.
Image Image Image Image

I finally got around to trying the PureMagnetik Lo-fi Ambient Tools. They are kind of cool. I don't have anything like that in my collection of VSTs.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:52 am I finally got around to trying the PureMagnetik Lo-fi Ambient Tools. They are kind of cool. I don't have anything like that in my collection of VSTs.
Yeah, they have some pretty unique stuff, and they seem like another cool company (along with Focusrite/Novation), with their support of artists.

I think Balancer is pretty cool, and I've found some use for it immediately in some things I'm working on. But does anyone know what Mastering the Mix's Grow is? All I could see on their page is that it's part of another plug-in (Animate), which suggests to me that in order for it to work effectively, I'll need to buy the other plug-in...which I don't want (I like my mixes static, two-dimensional and boring, thankyouverymuch).

I have no association with Focusrite, but certainly appreciate their continued support of the Plug-in Collective, as I know many of you do. We all may not necessarily need each plug-in (or we may already have it), but I don't know of another hardware or software developer in this industry (or any other I work in) doing anything like this. Of course, I'm not saying there isn't one; I'm just saying I'm not aware of one.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Didn’t get the email about Balancer, so many thanks to the posters in this thread

sprnva wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:53 am Focusrite have put up a demo video of the balancer plugin
This is a simplified version of SmartEQ. It operates similarly, but the full version lets you customize the EQ curve. Great giveaway.

Also, the color grading on the video is oddly very cold.

I just installed and tried out Balancer and I'm really impressed. Put it on a cheap-sounding, scratchy guitar using 'Warm' and it breathed new life into it. Another excellent freebie. Just a couple of minor things - there doesn't seem to be bypass or output gain controls. Easily remedied, though.

planetearth wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:18 am But does anyone know what Mastering the Mix's Grow is?
A dynamic stereo widener.......

https://www.masteringthemix.com/products/grow
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thumbs up
Genetic Variation

Great! Thanks Focusrite! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

I noticed that I didn't have a key for the 6 month MTM Levels trial this time, probably because I already used it before. However I forgot if it actually worked worth a damn because I don't think I tried it for more than 5 minutes way back when. Anyone not planning on using their key for the Levels trial?

Hey guys, for those who downloaded our plugins during the Plugin Collective promo:

Distortion 1 updated to v1.1
- NEW: 8 different pedal circuits
- NEW: Noise Gate
- NEW: HQ Mode
- NEW: Notifications System
- NEW: VST3 plugin format
- NEW: Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina support
- CHANGE: 64bit only

To update download and install the demo version from the product page or from your User Area account.

Cheers,
Luca

Thanks Luca :tu:

Return to “Effects”