Wavesfactory releases Cassette

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Demo’d it and it’s quite good. I have Reelbus4 and I feel like that tape plugin is super versatile and can get gritty with proper settings and drive, but this one has it’s own mojo as well. It gets gritty fast but in a good way. I put it on master chain and it instantly sounded like tape and felt like doing a lofi track :lol: must....not....buy. How is this company with updates (beyond initial updates?)

Butwug wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:49 pm How is this company with updates (beyond initial updates?)
Unfortunately for you: pretty damn good!

lwj wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:10 pm
Butwug wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:49 pm How is this company with updates (beyond initial updates?)
Unfortunately for you: pretty damn good!
:lol: You got me. When I read “unfortunately” I immediately said “dang” in my head but when the rest was read, started loling. Im going to pick this one up then. Been playing with the demo and it’s a great vst.

BAH couldn't resist.

This plugin is addictive!
I had to get it because playing with the demo turned into a track. I especially like how you can automate all the settings no one in their right mind should ever automate on a tape plugin.

I wonder if it’s age dependent though, where people under a certain age are like: wtf is this?!

Sorry if it's been asked but can anyone comment on how this compares to Sketch Cassette. I know WC has a deeper feature set but sound wise it is hard to compare. The videos for SC don't give too much away.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:08 am Sorry if it's been asked but can anyone comment on how this compares to Sketch Cassette. I know WC has a deeper feature set but sound wise it is hard to compare. The videos for SC don't give too much away.
me and my friend did some comparisons.
He finds Sketch better as a saturator.
I however, find Cassette much more faithful to an actual cassette deck that I have.
I think he bought Sketch. I bought Cassette :)

Thanks, I’m probably more after something that emulates cassette well rather than another saturator.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:08 am Sorry if it's been asked but can anyone comment on how this compares to Sketch Cassette. I know WC has a deeper feature set but sound wise it is hard to compare. The videos for SC don't give too much away.
If you want something that sounds like you copied a song over to a cassette on your boom box in 1996, Wavesfactory Cassette is the one 8)

yep. It's great, i'm going to shoot it out with my deck soon-ish, but it sounded familiar right away. ability to disable noise is oh so welcome, i hated denoising my cassette loopbacks

hmmmm why is there no dry/wet button? :o
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lwj wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:21 pm I wonder if it’s age dependent though, where people under a certain age are like: wtf is this?!
I think it's the opposite, people over a certain age who have actually had to record to cassette even 4 tracks or higher end rack mount units are wondering WhyTF is this.

Some of us who came from the cassette era know there is no magic to the format and can't imagine why anyone would want to dumb down their audio to sound like it was recorded to cassette tape.

But there are no rules so whatever you think you need to make your audio sound the way you want more power to you........ :party:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:lol:

Return to “Effects”