RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Non EU residents (private buyers) don't have to pay VAT. I know that some payment services charge it anyway though, but, that is not correct really.

VAT has to be discharged in the country the buyer originates from. If the country doesn't have VAT, the buyer doesn't have to discharge it. After all, it's a consumption tax.

Just purchased ! Let the fun begin ! :party: :phones: :party:

EU Businesses who are VAT registered can also claim the VAT Back when they do their VAT returns. A bit more of a pain that just not paying it at source, but I have had conformation from Parawave that there site is not set up to take payment without VAT...(in which case I think they would just be better just showing the price not broken down to cost+VAT as we cant do anything to avoid paying the VAT part anyway...its just part of the price if you think you should be paying it or not!

Anyway- its a good sale price, far more than the VAT saving, about 88 quid in the UK, more than fair and I am currently downloading :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Great synth in 30 minutes I made 2 tracks lol

HTT wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:14 amThe demo videos are almost all EDM-type patches.
I see this kind of comment over and over. Now, it's true that there are a lot of EDM sounds, but we also sprinkle downtempo and ambient stuff into our demos. It's just not the majority.

There is a simple reason why we don't create 100% ambient demos. They are just too long and boring! It's hard to show a lot of sounds if an ambient demo at a low tempo spreads over 1-2 minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_LMXfRVkc8
Take a look at the description, there is a timetable. Good examples of Plucked/Keys and Pads.
01:38 Ambient
04:08 Dream Keys
07:47 Dream Keys
09:57 Dream Keys
11:48 Ambient Pianos
Aren't they "ambient" enough? Maybe it's not your style. But with a little adjustments and imagination you can turn most of the sounds into very soft pads.
Oh, and that's the intention of the quick modifiers on the master page. I recommend to increase the attack/release of volume and filter modifier. Turn down the cutoff a bit and voila. This way you can instantly turn a plucked or lead sound into a long and soft pad.
Last edited by parawave on Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lectropunk wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:37 pm Great synth in 30 minutes I made 2 tracks lol
Show them :D

Yeah il keep in touch blown away with this
Synth

Mirko R. wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:27 am
HTT wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:14 am The demo videos are almost all EDM-type patches. Are there any good examples of pads and keys? I have Hive and Synthmaster 2. I appreciate the discount, but I am not hearing anything that is making me think I don't already have RAPID's sonic capabilities already covered. (I also have Zebra/HZ, Diva, Falcon, and Komplete 12).
There are a lot of Keys and also very dynamic and strong. Here is an old video where I play some presets. At 0.50 for example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_gHDi3yzgY

zvenx wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:31 am I am must say I am surprised how the preset browser is so basic.
No favourites (at least in the demo version), no search functionality (at least in the demo version).
Mirko is known for his presets, I would imagine preset browsing would have been much better implemented. Or is this just a demo limitation?
You're right. If You compare Rapid 1.0 with 1.7 you will see, that we did a lot (just compare how Rapid looks in the video with Rapid now. xD ) and a better presetbrowser with advanced functions is one of our next tasks. ;-)
Thanks for the pad/keys demonstration.
parawave wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:33 pm [quote=HTT post_id=7579140 time=<a href="tel:1574208867">1574208867</a> user_id=444490]The demo videos are almost all EDM-type patches.
I see this kind of comment over and over. Now, it's true that there is a lot of EDM sounds, but we also sprinkle downtemoo and ambient stuff into our demos. It's just not the majority.

There is a simple reason why we don't create 100% ambient demos. They are just too long and boring! It's hard to show a lot of sounds if an ambient demo at a low tempo spreads over 1-2 minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_LMXfRVkc8
Take a look at the description, there is a timetable. Good examples of Plucked/Keys and Pads.
01:38 Ambient
04:08 Dream Keys
07:47 Dream Keys
09:57 Dream Keys
11:48 Ambient Pianos
Aren't they "ambient" enough? Maybe it's not your style. But with a little adjustments and imagination you can turn most of the sounds into very soft pads.
Oh, and that's the intention of the quick modifiers on the master page. I recommend to increase the attack/release of volume and filter modifier. Turn down the cutoff a bit and voila. This way you can instantly turn a plucked or lead sound into a long and soft pad.
[/quote]

If you get the “no pads” comment over and over doesn’t that say something about what information potential customers are looking for before purchasing? Here is an example, for me as a consumer, of an effective demo of pad sounds:
http://www.theunfinished.co.uk/shop/diva-genotype/

Funny, I demoed Rapid (for about 3 months before I just bought it, it's a good demo, no noise, 20 minute splay per time before reload...) and I have bought it as I think it is perfect for Pads and Ambient evolving sounds (8 layers- come on!)

If you want to know what a synth can do, download the demo (unless is Falcon or Omnisphere!) and simply try it until you are 'sure' it does what you want - most of these 'pro' sound designers can make any synth sound any way they want (this is a complement, not a criticism), the only thing that matters is what the synth can do 'in your hands'. I think Rapid has the right name, it is very fast and (relatively) simple to get very complex layered and animated sounds. This is the reason I bought it, and I have a lot of 'this type' of synth already (Avenger, Falcon etc) so I took some convincing.....3 months (and the 1.7 update!).
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

The resynthesis oscillator is an atmospheric / pad monster.

@parawave: You guys REALLY need to host your factory library on cloud storage. Downloading 2Gb at 300-400Kbps is just painful.

Can you say if msegs are on the horizon? It's the only thing that's missing for me at the moment.

SLiC wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:56 pm https://parawave-audio.com/rapid_roadmap
Where did you cram out that old link? :D
Not listed anymore and a bit outdated. But yes, MSEG are considered for 1.8. Some features jump back on forth. Depends on requests and priority. Rapid will get new features in 2020. We'll see.

Please please please mseg!! Also some sort of metering for the compressors would be helpful. I'm struggling to get use out of the modulation FX. Are these going to be looked at. The chorus just don't sound right to me. I'm not ungrateful, I love this synth, I'm just greedy.

Return to “Instruments”