Behringer VSTs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@Mushy Mushy
I agree that my pevious comment was speculation. However, I will check next Wednesday.

excuse me please wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:30 pm @Mushy Mushy
I agree that my pevious comment was speculation. However, I will check next Wednesday.
I reworded it to not make it sound so confrontational :D
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:12 pm They just hired all the fired engineers from NI.
Just wondering, but.. did Behringer confirm that? I dropped that earlier just as a speculation, and, someone posted that he also wrote it on the Gearslutz forum, which doesn't necessarily makes it true. :)

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hahaha. :D

Well dug. ;)

The "paradigms might have shifted" though, now that they hired some NI eomployees for their software department.

Chapelle wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:57 pm "We at Behringer do not believe in “virtual analog”, VST’s or other creative names for digital sound emulations as we are of the firm opinion that you cannot replicate true analog sound through digital technology, and there are many technical reasons for this. To be very clear, this doesn’t mean digital synths or VST’s can't sound great, but it is just something we don’t believe in."
- Uli Behringer, January 2018 (source: gearslutz.com)
maybe their VSTs won't be virtual analogue, still lots of options

or minds can be changed over 2 years nearly :shrug:

Chapelle wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:57 pm "We at Behringer do not believe in “virtual analog”, VST’s or other creative names for digital sound emulations as we are of the firm opinion that you cannot replicate true analog sound through digital technology, and there are many technical reasons for this. To be very clear, this doesn’t mean digital synths or VST’s can't sound great, but it is just something we don’t believe in."
Yep, the quote that I had to think of a lot lately :hihi:

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:45 pm The K2 is #3 in sound modules, I think they’re selling just fine.
https://m.thomann.de/gb/cat_rank.html?a ... Key=TASYEX
Its amazing really, Thomann are a big store and Behringer are number 1, 2 and 3 (and 8 and 9) in sales for synths modules. That's domination from nowhere!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

my guess is they have some stuff all ready to go.... I wouldn't be surprised if it was released in January 2020

Urs wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:22 pm
Yep, the quote that I had to think of a lot lately :hihi:
To be fair, Uli has done nothing to make me think he has change his mind...we have over half a dozen cheap analog synths and no virtual analog synths of any type from Behringer. There are a lot of types of synthesis to go at that don't use VA, or his VSTs may be FX as they already have them codes in there desks.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

AnX wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:11 pm
maybe their VSTs won't be virtual analogue, still lots of options
This. Behringer has built a number of analog recreations, but fully-blown digital synths are still on the table. I mean, how many times can you route saw and square through low-pass filter and sell it as a new product? There are many FM, additive, granular and completely-weird ass synths left and they come only in digital domain.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

The Behringer angle has always been the price. There are several reasons that they can do that with hardware: own production facility in China, economy of scale (don't produce niche products), in most countries their on distribution system etc.
Software, especially FX plugins are already dirt cheap. You can buy excellent stuff for under 50 bucks, similar quality plugins would've cost 150-200 ten years ago. Waves do regular $29 sales, and so on. Sure, some plugins which have little competition (Izotope e.g.) still cost more.
But good developers won't be happy to be paid what their chinese workers get. If they really employed ex-NI devs, they won't work for couple of hundred bucks a month.
So I am not sure where Behringer would fit in there. Plugins for $5? Instruments for 20?

Chapelle wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:57 pm "We at Behringer do not believe in “virtual analog”, we're just selling it"
Updated version.

Jokes aside, I guess they are going to fail this route. Analog HW market was looking for someone producing analog synths at affordable costs, nobody except Korg was doing it, SW market is way more saturated.
Murderous duck!

Yes, it was the first thing I thought after seeing the post.

They will make a System-B. A hardware digital synth which controls software emulations of their analog synths...

Return to “Instruments”