Need both flat-response headphones AND audio interface

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Ploki
KVRian
1019 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:22 am

ozonepaul wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:45 am
Expose are VXT and now V predecessors right?...[/quote]

No, the VXT line was KRK's mid priced speakers while their Expose was their top of the line (they were more than £3000/pair).
https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/krk-expose-e8b
[/quote]
shit, nice.
Even the VXTs are good tho. They screwed up the brand name with Rokits I presume

e-crooner
KVRian
539 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Re: Need both flat-response headphones AND audio interface

Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:36 pm

Has anyone here tried the Sennheiser HD 300 Pro? They are the successor of the classic HD 280 Pro, have almost identical technical specs, but cost about twice as much (about 200 vs 100 euros/dollars).

SparkySpark
KVRAF
1716 posts since 30 Aug, 2004 from Lancaster, UK

Re: Need both flat-response headphones AND audio interface

Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:43 pm

I just wanted to say I went with the AKG 712, 195 euros from Thomann. Just wow. One of the best buys I have ever done. For me, these are just right (really light, comfortable, open, and of course great-sounding), but I'm sure for another person it could just as well be the Sennheisers or the BeyerDynamics.

(My Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 phone from this summer was probably still an even better purchase for 170 euros - super nice 48 MP camera and all - but anyway, these headphones shine with quality!)

I also went with the Focusrite 2i2, even though the Yammy/Steinberg might be technically better, because I really like the Scarlett looks, and I get inspired by beautiful things (both music software and hardware). :tu:
Person 1: Say a number between 1 and 10.
Computer scientist: There is no number between 1 and 10.
Go MuLab!

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”