Unfiltered audio Triad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am trying to remember if I reported it.
I suspect you use Juce framework as I had two other plugins made using the juce framework that had the same thing.
Windows 10, Nuendo 10.2.... Two monitor set up. My Vst(i) Gui's are set to open on Monitor 2. Past a certain GUI size, Byome and Triad, when I try to open the preset browser, the GUI is on one screen (screen 2) and the preset lists is on screen 1.
I can restart the studio PC and make a screen shot if necessary.
rsp
sound sculptist

woop! woop! i got a feeling unfiltered issues are behind them after this. you LOVE to hear it!

thelizard wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:10 pm We sent LION 1.1.0 into PA last week. We're waiting on updated artist presets before we post beta installers here.

With that out of the way, I'm aiming to post new BYOME and Triad betas this week or next. The wide mode will not be a button like on LION 1.0.0/1.1.0, but instead I want to have completely smooth scaling, so vertical resizing changes scale, while horizontal resize changes plugin width, if that makes sense.

We spent a lot of time updating our build system, so the next public betas will be installers and will have Catalina notarization.

Here's a preview. Just getting the rows to scale first, but the logo, visualizer, and preset bar will scale properly as well.
wideProgress.png
:clap:

thelizard wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:10 pm We sent LION 1.1.0 into PA last week. We're waiting on updated artist presets before we post beta installers here.

With that out of the way, I'm aiming to post new BYOME and Triad betas this week or next. The wide mode will not be a button like on LION 1.0.0/1.1.0, but instead I want to have completely smooth scaling, so vertical resizing changes scale, while horizontal resize changes plugin width, if that makes sense.

We spent a lot of time updating our build system, so the next public betas will be installers and will have Catalina notarization.

Here's a preview. Just getting the rows to scale first, but the logo, visualizer, and preset bar will scale properly as well.
wideProgress.png
When this update has been successfully done and it’s all blown over, would it be an idea to lend your findings out to Brainworx?? I think they can do with some scaling solutions themselves.

They would be two completely different workflows, unfortunately. Brainworx uses their own GUI solution, and their GUIs are made of pre-rendered components. Essentially, to scale those, you need to re-render the components at each requested size. We're using JUCE, and our interfaces are drawn using vectors, so scaling is significantly easier. We just fight low-level crap like OpenGL, Windows HiDPI, multiple monitors, etc.

We're removing OpenGL entirely on everything prior to BYOME, and even then we're considering removing it from BYOME, Triad, and LION. It's already deprecated, and we've heard scattered reports of OpenGL being extremely unstable or unpredictable on the Catalina SDK. It would be one fewer wildcard. We need to do some more optimization along with testing on slower machines.

Anyway, a lot of progress on wide mode. Here's what it looks like. This is a debug build in the .gif, so the release mode is smoother. There's no horizontal limit on stretching... I just kept this more narrow so that the .gif was small enough to upload!:
widemode3.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

More good news: I think the smooth horizontal resizing is finished for BYOME and Triad. I'll run some more tests and get installers posted early next week. Replacing the entire resizing logic from scratch also fixed the following bugs:
-Window size doesn't get remembered when reopening plugin (sometimes)
-Window size doesn't get remembered when reloading projects (almost always)
-Window size drifts when opening and closing the window repeatedly (mostly seen in LION)

Great news Michael!
Looking forward to the new builds :)

You're a star, Michael. :wink:

thelizard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:26 pm […]a lot of progress on wide mode. Here's what it looks like. ...
ah! a seperate horitonzal resize - what a clever idea!
i would have thought maybe with a modifier key, but this way is way more elegant
thank you!

We got the BYOME and LION betas up: https://unfilteredaudio.com/pages/beta

We ran into some Cubase 10 rendering issues with the Triad ratio switching, so give us a few extra days to get this one polished. Sorry for the delay!

Sorry for the delay. Here's the Triad 1.1.0 Beta! https://www.unfilteredaudio.com/pages/beta

This includes the features from the recent BYOME and LION betas:
-Dynamic horizontal resizing.
-Shift+Scroll on Windows now allows you to scroll horizontally.
-Full Catalina support and notarization.
-OpenGL removed. Optimizations to rendering added.

Additionally (coming tomorrow to BYOME and LION):
-Fixes for looping AD Envelope drift.
-Ability to reset the interface to the default size (under Options)
-Ability to save the current interface size as default (also under Options). In Triad, this will additionally save whether the BYOME rows are visible by default when creating a new instance.

I hope everyone enjoys these builds, as these include all of the most-requested features. Please let us know if you encounter any issues. Otherwise, we will send these into PA for release.

thelizard wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:58 am Sorry for the delay. Here's the Triad 1.1.0 Beta! https://www.unfilteredaudio.com/pages/beta

This includes the features from the recent BYOME and LION betas:
-Full Catalina support and notarization.
-OpenGL removed. Optimizations to rendering added.

Additionally (coming tomorrow to BYOME and LION):
-Fixes for looping AD Envelope drift.
-Ability to reset the interface to the default size (under Options)
-Ability to save the current interface size as default (also under Options). In Triad, this will additionally save whether the BYOME rows are visible by default when creating a new instance.

I hope everyone enjoys these builds, as these include all of the most-requested features. Please let us know if you encounter any issues. Otherwise, we will send these into PA for release.
Great Great Great Michael!
Thanks for all these helpful features (as requested :) )
Really makes the experience more smooth and fun.
- Marcus

thelizard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:13 pm More good news: I think the smooth horizontal resizing is finished for BYOME and Triad. I'll run some more tests and get installers posted early next week. Replacing the entire resizing logic from scratch also fixed the following bugs:
-Window size doesn't get remembered when reopening plugin (sometimes)
-Window size doesn't get remembered when reloading projects (almost always)
-Window size drifts when opening and closing the window repeatedly (mostly seen in LION)
very nice!

thelizard wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:58 am This includes the features from the recent BYOME and LION betas:

b]-Ability to save the current interface size as default (also under Options). In Triad, this will additionally save whether the BYOME rows are visible by default when creating a new instance.[/b]
Big ups for these. Particularly turning around the ability to save the window size so quickly!

This is using VST2 in Reaper (Windows 10). Two small graphic issues:

1. The tooltip is sometimes opening behind the window
2. The tooltip text still mentions OpenGL
TRIAD Graphic Glitch.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”