Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

brok landers wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:06 am
EvilDragon wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:53 am You can still do a lot even without osc phase parameter, though ;)
oh, i'm not denying that, it's an extremely versatile synth, no question. yet, the possibility to lock and adjust the osc phase is something you can't work around, once you need it - and sometimes it is crucial. and as i like surge and it still is actively developed, i thought i mention it. was worth a try...
You go, BIG (TONE) guy!

So far, I have found that any synth that has BIGTONE patches, that those patches have defined the sweet spot in the playability of that particular synth, be it with PB, MW, AT, etc. :D

BIG fan of BIGTONE!!! :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:40 am
EvilDragon wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:53 am You can still do a lot even without osc phase parameter, though ;)
oh, i'm not denying that, it's an extremely versatile synth, no question. yet, the possibility to lock and adjust the osc phase is something you can't work around, once you need it - and sometimes it is crucial. and as i like surge and it still is actively developed, i thought i mention it. was worth a try...
You go, BIG (TONE) guy!

So far, I have found that any synth that has BIGTONE patches, that those patches have defined the sweet spot in the playability of that particular synth, be it with PB, MW, AT, etc. :D

thanks mate. much appreciated.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Oh yeah definitely want to add this. There’s a set of request around like https://github.com/surge-synthesizer/surge/issues/867 which are on the list still

I want to hold this one until I can move ui elements around more easily (the surge++ code name project) and make a couple of internal changes which you don’t care about but which matter a lot. That will unlock the ability to add many more features in 2020. Adding fine grained phase and lock control to the current vintage codebase is really painful though. (But that issue I linked does contain one of my favorite open source Maintainer memes where someone tells me it is easy to code - chuckle. They are right the lock is easy but integrating the lock in the synth is painful).

Thanks for your excitement about surge and sorry this answer isn’t as immediate as some others.

baconpaul wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:52 pm
Oh yeah definitely want to add this. There’s a set of request around like https://github.com/surge-synthesizer/surge/issues/867 which are on the list still

I want to hold this one until I can move ui elements around more easily (the surge++ code name project) and make a couple of internal changes which you don’t care about but which matter a lot. That will unlock the ability to add many more features in 2020. Adding fine grained phase and lock control to the current vintage codebase is really painful though. (But that issue I linked does contain one of my favorite open source Maintainer memes where someone tells me it is easy to code - chuckle. They are right the lock is easy but integrating the lock in the synth is painful).

Thanks for your excitement about surge and sorry this answer isn’t as immediate as some others.
ah, don't worry. i'm patiently waiting. take your time, and thanks for actually continuing surge. :tu:
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

how to save wavetables embedded in presets seperately?

kone2006 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:22 pm how to save wavetables embedded in presets seperately?
There’s actually no way to do that in the synth, I just realized!

it will be nice to have that :)

Currently, the only way (as I know) to use wavetables from other patches is to copy/paste the Oscillator, which includes wavetable, if used.

brok landers wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:54 am
You go, BIG (TONE) guy!

Best sound designer imo :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:33 pm
You go, BIG (TONE) guy!

Ok confession time: I think I fell in love with brok when I heard his "Bigtone Ambient Pads from Albino" demo for Albino 2, back in 2005/6.

For the past decade that kind of stuff has come from huge gigabyte Kontakt libraries, numerous ones, yet brok was doing that kinda stuff a decade and a half ago with a few kilobytes.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:38 am
Halonmusic wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:33 pm
You go, BIG (TONE) guy!

Ok confession time: I think I fell in love with brok when I heard his "Bigtone Ambient Pads from Albino" demo for Albino 2, back in 2005/6.

For the past decade that kind of stuff has come from huge gigabyte Kontakt libraries, numerous ones, yet brok was doing that kinda stuff a decade and a half ago with a few kilobytes.
Hehe i did the same but with his Ambient Voltage bank in Audjoo Helix :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

guys, thanks for the nice words. really appreciate it. :tu:
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

Not to mention the Synth1 bank, which again,
maximises the tools on the table :hyper:

kone2006 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:32 am it will be nice to have that :)
I agree! I added an issue

https://github.com/surge-synthesizer/surge/issues/1341

We’ve stabilized the code now for a 1.6.4 release early next week (will announce here when we ship) but we can add this feature after that. Also depending on your level of comfort with the command line I could easily give you a python script which extracts the wavetables from a patch. But that’s obviously a stop gap only

thanks Baconpaul,i will wait for it to become a feature.

Return to “Instruments”