Reason 11 announced!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

Heads up! The AU version of Reason Rack Plugin is now available in Reason 11.1. The full version of Reason 11 and Reason 11 Suite are also $100 off starting today through Black Friday. No sale on the regular upgrade or Suite upgrade. :)

:clap:

Anosou wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:20 am Heads up! The AU version of Reason Rack Plugin is now available in Reason 11.1. The full version of Reason 11 and Reason 11 Suite are also $100 off starting today through Black Friday. No sale on the regular upgrade or Suite upgrade. :)
Always wondered why Reason Studios do not seem to care about nurturing loyal costumers, and long-time users. I was hoping this odd strategy would change with their new leadership, but it just got much worse. After 10 years I'm done supporting this company.
In comparison - Bitwig keeps pushing the envelope, keep releasing impressive updates and shows great appreciation for their users with loyalty discounts and badges.

Anosou wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:20 am No sale on the regular upgrade or Suite upgrade. :)
Why not?
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Even if they did then the only way to access these updates would be hidden deeply in a flood of advertising mails.

Kongru wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:40 am
Anosou wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:20 am No sale on the regular upgrade or Suite upgrade. :)
Why not?
I posted that just because I figured someone would ask. This is not something I personally decided, but Reason 11 came out less than two months ago and the upgrade is already a discounted price for existing users.
fceramic wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:31 amAlways wondered why Reason Studios do not seem to care about nurturing loyal costumers, and long-time users.
Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate you being candid.

We generally release free updates, content and improvements for our users during a version's lifecycle. Reason 10, for example, had four point updates that included three free new devices (Monotone, Rytmik and, only for people who had upgraded, Drum Sequencer), sample loading in Europa and several workflow features. :)

Well, I consider myself a loyal user (on and off since R4) and I bought the Suite upgrade recently, so I’m happy it didn’t get further discounts for bf.

spacepluk wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:04 am Well, I consider myself a loyal user (on and off since R4) and I bought the Suite upgrade recently, so I’m happy it didn’t get further discounts for bf.
Thanks for that! And yes, it could arguably be a bit punishing with a sale on the upgrade for a loyal user who upgraded at launch. :oops:

fceramic wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:31 am In comparison - Bitwig keeps pushing the envelope, keep releasing impressive updates and shows great appreciation for their users with loyalty discounts and badges.
I find the Bitwig pricing much more punishing to be honest, that's the only reason I sold my license I was pretty happy with eveything else.

Anosou wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:36 am
spacepluk wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:04 am Well, I consider myself a loyal user (on and off since R4) and I bought the Suite upgrade recently, so I’m happy it didn’t get further discounts for bf.
Thanks for that! And yes, it could arguably be a bit punishing with a sale on the upgrade for a loyal user who upgraded at launch. :oops:
Reason 10 was released at the end of October and went on sale Black Friday that year. I suppose that there were a lot of angry upgraders who bought full price. No use going through that again! Even though Reason 11 was released in September, it’s probably still too close. Good call!

Nice to see you both happy but this is all nonsense. I can absolutely understand how fceramic, Benutzername and the majority of all paying users feel who support your company for several years. Black Friday is Black Friday, it is there every year and existing customers have the exact same rights to benefit from sales the way new customers do. No matter if you release a major update a few weeks ago. It is your decision and you presumable chose that time period to benefit most.
Such attitude only leads to one thing. Loyal customers become ex customers

My point is that there's some logic to it. It's hard to make everybody happy.

Anosou wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:20 am Heads up! The AU version of Reason Rack Plugin is now available in Reason 11.1.
Great news! Now we're looking forward to the AAX version :D

I figured since Reason 10 went on a Black Friday sale one month after it was released, that the two months between Reason 11 and Black Friday that Propellerhead would for sure have a sale.
I'm sure others thought they would wait for Black Friday and held off on the initial release purchase (myself included). So maybe Propellerhead is just trying to shake those buyers into purchasing at full upgrade price. Can't blame that strategy for the company.
I'm just going to wait until it goes on sale. Who the hell buys software at full price anymore, when it always goes on sale eventually?

It would make sense to off the Reason to Suite upgrade at a discount though. Just from a business strategy.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”